• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Reports Q3-2017 Financial Results

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel Corporation today reported third-quarter 2017 financial results. "We executed well in the third quarter with strong results across the business, and we're on track to a record year," said Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO. "I'm excited about our progress and our future. Intel's product line-up is the strongest it has ever been with more innovation on the way for artificial intelligence, autonomous driving and more." "In the third quarter, we delivered record earnings, exceeded our EPS expectations, and increased our profit expectations for the full year," said Bob Swan, Intel CFO. "We feel great about Intel's transformation and where we are nine months into our three year plan." In the third quarter, the company generated approximately $6.3 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $1.3 billion, and used $1.1 billion to repurchase 31 million shares of stock.

In the third quarter, Intel saw strength across the business. The data center, Internet of Things and memory businesses all achieved record quarterly revenue, and Intel extended its performance leadership with the launches of 8th Gen Intel Core and Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Intel's FPGA business, the Programmable Solutions Group, is experiencing strong momentum, winning designs with automotive and cloud service provider customers that advance Intel's position in artificial intelligence. The company also furthered its autonomous driving efforts with exciting customer wins and the completion of the Mobileye tender offer, four months earlier than expected.

Business Outlook
Intel's guidance for the fourth-quarter and full-year 2017 include both GAAP and non-GAAP estimates. Reconciliations between these GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures are included below. Intel's Business Outlook does not include the potential impact of any business combinations, asset acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments and other significant transactions that may be completed after October 26, 2017.

Intel will hold a public webcast at 2:00 p.m. PDT today to discuss the results for its third quarter of 2017. The live public webcast can be accessed on Intel's Investor Relations website at www.intc.com/results.cfm. The Q3'17 Earnings Presentation, webcast replay, and audio download will also be available on the site.

Intel plans to report its earnings for the fourth quarter of 2017 on January 25, 2018 promptly after close of market, and related materials will be available at www.intc.com/results.cfm. A public webcast of Intel's earnings conference call will follow at 2:00 p.m. PDT at www.intc.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I guess they're both doing well (I mean them and AMD).

Intel has too much overlap in their chipsets though, imho. I don't claim to know how their business really works, but personally, I don't understand why they have a "pro" consumer chipset like x370 and also HEDT. Why not just go all in with x299? And they have so many versions of Core that it confuses me.

I guess they're both doing well (I mean them and AMD).

Intel has too much overlap in their chipsets though, imho. I don't claim to know how their business really works, but personally, I don't understand why they have a "pro" consumer chipset like x370 and also HEDT. Why not just go all in with x299? And they have so many versions of Core that it confuses me.

Intel is all about product segmentation, which apparently works for them. But yeah it can be confusing. Their Xeon line borders on ludicrous in terms of number of skus and non descriptive naming.

ouch!
upload_2017-10-27_11-5-25.png