• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Starts Shipping its High-End Stratix 10 SX FPGA

Intel today announced it has begun shipping its Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGA - the only high-end FPGA family with an integrated quad-core ARM* Cortex*-A53 processor. With densities greater than 1 million logic elements (MLE), Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGAs provide the flexibility and low latency benefit of integrating an ARM processor with a high-performance, high-density FPGA needed to tackle the design challenges of next-generation, high-performance systems.

By integrating the FPGA and the ARM processor, Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGAs provide an ideal solution for 5G wireless communication, software defined radios, secure computing for military applications, network function virtualization (NFV) and data center acceleration.

For NFV applications that consolidate and deliver the networking components needed to support a fully virtualized infrastructure, Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGAs can handle the high-speed data path while integrated processors enable the low latency transactions needed to manage flow tables for control plane processing. With hardware acceleration, Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGAs provide a heterogeneous computing environment to create optimized, low latency accelerators. In secure computing applications, integrated processors make it much more difficult to snoop software operations thereby helping keep data secure. These devices also enable general purpose utility processing to extend convenience and form factor reduction in high-end systems.
Stratix_10_SX_Board_Side

"With Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGAs, Intel reaffirms its 'all in' commitment to SoC FPGA devices combining integrated, flexible ARM cores with high-performance FPGAs," said Reynette Au, vice president of marketing, Intel Programmable Solutions Group. "We now provide a wide set of options for customers needing processors and FPGAs, with device offerings across the low-end, mid-range and now, high-end FPGA families, to enable their system designs."

Customers can implement their designs today with the Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGA, using the Intel SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (Intel SoC FPGA EDS), a comprehensive tool suite for embedded software development. It comprises development tools, utility programs, and design examples to jump-start firmware and application software development.

The Intel SoC FPGA EDS also enables customers to utilize the ARM* Development Studio 5* (DS-5*) Intel SoC FPGA Edition to code, build, debug and optimize their applications.

Manufactured on the Intel 14-nanometer process technology, the Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGA combines an ARM hard processor system with the Intel HyperFlex core fabric architecture to create a high-performance and power-efficient SoC FPGA.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Stay on topic folks. Another mod will be along soon to clean-up the off topic posts in this news thread.

System Name Asus X450JB
Processor Intel Core i7-4720HQ
Motherboard Asus
Memory 2x 4GiB
Video Card(s) nVidia GT940M
Storage 2x 1TB
Is this stuff became "news" just because it's from Intel?

I don't recall there's any FPGA or even hard-cored FPGA news when they're still Altera, nor evven any news from Xilinx, Lattice, etc.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
This is kind of funny, considering Intel sold off its ARM business to to Marvell 11 years ago and now they're back with new products that have ARM cores. Admittedly these are quite different from the good old PXA chips. But it shows that even mighty Intel makes mistakes as to what the future will hold... Doubly so if you take this into account http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/395...ing-together-on-next-gen-cortex-a-processors/

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 870EVO // Samsung 840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
Is this suitable for the Apple IPhone?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I tried to count the amount of times I read Intel, but I lost count