• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Destiny 2's First Expansion "Curse of Osiris" Lands on December 5

Today at Paris Games Week, Bungie revealed Destiny 2 - Expansion I: Curse of Osiris. This is the first expansion to the Destiny 2 universe, which will be released on December 5, 2017 for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One. Destiny 2 - Expansion I: Curse of Osiris, takes place after the conclusion of the Destiny 2 campaign where you are dispatched to Mercury on a quest to find Osiris, the most powerful Warlock to have ever lived, to discover the answers humanity needs to fight back against the Vex.

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

Youtube Trailer

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
I'll continue to avoid this game like the plague. When you need expansions two months after the game out, it's obvious the game lacks content. All this with Destiny 2 being largely the same as the first one and you are paying money out the nose for nothing.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Strange move for Activision (or anyone really). It used to take years to get an expansion for any of the Blizz games.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
I'll continue to avoid this game like the plague. When you need expansions two months after the game out, it's obvious the game lacks content. All this with Destiny 2 being largely the same as the first one and you are paying money out the nose for nothing.

Actually, it has a pretty considerable amount of content. I still haven't finished the story, and have a huge amount of activities yet to complete, and I've been playing since launch. I also haven't even touched multiplayer. So, basically only PVE, and you can see that is does have some tremendous content. I expect the expansion will fall in right after I've done all activities and the raid, which is more than reasonable, when you think about it.

And while the general spirit of the game is in line with the first one, that was to be expected. However, it improves upon its predecessor almost everywhere.

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
Ez no buy. The DLC has been lined up for 6 months. Guess you gotta keep the inattentive on attention with preplanned phased releases ( Talking to you HITMAN ).

System Name Mroofie / Mroofie
Processor Inte Cpu i5 4460 3.2GHZ Turbo Boost 3.4
Motherboard Gigabyte B85M-HD3
Cooling Stock Cooling
Memory Apacer DDR3 1333mhz (4GB) / Adata DDR3 1600Mhz(8GB) CL11
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gtx 960 WF
Storage Seagate 1TB / Seagate 80GB / Seagate 1TB (another one)
Display(s) Philips LED 24 Inch 1080p 60Hz
Case Zalman T4
Audio Device(s) Meh
Power Supply Antec Truepower Classic 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Meh
Keyboard Meh
VR HMD Meh
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Meh
Actually, it has a pretty considerable amount of content. I still haven't finished the story, and have a huge amount of activities yet to complete, and I've been playing since launch. I also haven't even touched multiplayer. So, basically only PVE, and you can see that is does have some tremendous content. I expect the expansion will fall in right after I've done all activities and the raid, which is more than reasonable, when you think about it.

And while the general spirit of the game is in line with the first one, that was to be expected. However, it improves upon its predecessor almost everywhere.

good thing you dont review games..... :kookoo:

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
good thing you dont review games..... :kookoo:

You obviously have your own opinion, so why not let me have mine? ;)

Instead of that, why don't you list the reasons you don't like it

The content in Destiny 2's base game is fine, and the game is very good. My concern is more about the Destiny track record with expansions. The first 2 expansions for Destiny (1) were ridiculously small for the $20 each price tag. You could finish the single player content for each in 2 hours or less. Then the third one in TTK was very good and worth the money with plenty of content. So everyone thought that was the new expectation for Destiny expansions, and then they went back to a little content for an even higher price of $30 in the final expansion. So 1 of 4 expansions for the first Destiny actually had content to justify the cost.

So I'll wait and see on Curse of Osiris. If it's another $20 "expansion" cash grab that is 2 hours of content and just raises the gear level, I'd suggest passing. If it's more like Taken King, I'd be all over it.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Strange move for Activision (or anyone really). It used to take years to get an expansion for any of the Blizz games.
Still typically 2 years. Also wanna note that Blizz doesnt make Destiny 2. They just made a deal with Bungie to include it in their launcher.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Still typically 2 years. Also wanna note that Blizz doesnt make Destiny 2. They just made a deal with Bungie to include it in their launcher.

Fair enough. Still weird though. I almost understand cramming early DLC (even if that is scummy), but a whole expansion?

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Fair enough. Still weird though. I almost understand cramming early DLC (even if that is scummy), but a whole expansion?
With Blizzards last expansion Warlords of Draenor, there was a 14month content drought. So Nov 2015 they announced Legion, Aug 2016 brought Legion, Nov 3, 2017 they are announcing next expansion, and 2018 the expansion will go live.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

That is an odd statement, it does not really match what the rest of the world is looking at content wise. Perhaps your frame of reference is a bit shifted?

Note that I don't see 'content' as being endlessly re-used maps in a different setup or different objective. That's gameplay - or grind, if you will.

I have been playing the game on PC, and i must say, allthought the Content is similar to Destiny 1 (same Monsters to kill, probably updated a bit), the way it is implemented, makes the game far more enjoyable than the first one.

In the game as was released, there are 4 Destination, Locations, if you will, with maps that are simply huge, the way they are created, it simply gives the Feeling you are exploring a space that is similar to reality. Great Attention has been given to every Corner of this huge maps, even if you spend just a second passing by through some of the regions. You didnt got that Feeling exploring the maps in Destiny 1, where you had to g to Orbit, and then to each place, which then seemed more like a closed System, limited in ist exploring vastness.

The Locations are Titan, Earth(Europead Dead Zone), Io, and Nessus.

Probably each Expansion will give more us more Location to explore, which could be new, or old from Destiny 1.
Destiny 1 had Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars, as well as the Dreadnought.

Now if we were to be given a new Location with each Expansions which is so free to roam and explore and do our activities like the ones we have been given so far, i believe it is a fair trade. I understand they couldnt release 15 to 20 Locations with the original game. This way they release 4, and build from that having couple of months between Releases. It is perfectly acceptable in my view.

They could be bringing Locations from the first game here as well, tweaked, improved, and enlarged, they do have the base with which to work with. But it does take time to create something completly new out of it.

I heard we'll be getting Mercury this time, which is new. Cant wait to start exploring, still have stuff to do with my Character for now.

I must say that i am very pleased with this game. I dont know when i had so much fun playing a pc game 3d shooter last time on PC.