• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nioh: Complete Edition Now Available on Steam for $49.99

Today KOEI TECMO America announced the highly-anticipated return of the blond-haired swordsman with the release of Nioh: Complete Edition on Windows PC via Steam. Following the critically-acclaimed console debut earlier in 2017, Team NINJAs dark fantasy action-RPG re-emerges from the shadows, jam-packed with hours of additional DLC and new secrets to reveal, on an all new platform. As a special thank you to adventurers, the studio is offering the brand-new Dharmachakra Kabuto helmet as an exclusive piece of free content redeemable through the game. Nioh: Complete Edition is currently available for Windows PC via Steam for the price of $49.99.

Nioh: Complete Edition includes all three DLC expansions: Dragon of the North, Defiant Honor and Bloodshed's End - adding even more challenges and assorted ways to play, and die! With this edition, players will have access to all seven weapon types, ninjutsu and onmyo magics from the beginning, while progressing through the main story will eventually unlock features like the Dual Guardian Spirit.

For those wanting more after finishing the core game; Nioh: Complete Edition allows players to access incrementally challenging levels through The Abyss mode. The Abyss is made up of seemingly endless floors, unforgiving boss enemies, and debuffs that will handicap players chances in performing their best. The mode is so intimidating that players are even able to summon up to two other visitors to assist them in this final battleground!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Note: this game only works with a gamepad. No mouse/kb support.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Note: this game only works with a gamepad. No mouse/kb support.

Crap! I was just going to look into this game to find out how they implemented the combat mechanics.

No mouse/KB support - no purchase.

System Name Custom
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X 3D
Motherboard Asus Prime
Cooling Li Lian All in One RGB
Memory 64 GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 980 2tb
Display(s) Samsung 8K 85inch
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) Samsung Dolby Atmos 7.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply EVGA 120-G2-1000-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 1000 W Power Supply
Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn about kb/mouse support on a third person action game? This is a game of the year candidate and if it's not a fps, point and click, or strategy game the last thing on my mind is whether I can add extra challenge by using a keyboard and mouse to play it.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn about kb/mouse support on a third person action game? This is a game of the year candidate and if it's not a fps, point and click, or strategy game the last thing on my mind is whether I can add extra challenge by using a keyboard and mouse to play it.

Believe me, I keep trying to get used to a gamepad. Matter of fact, I tried it again just this week with Tomb Raider. I can't play games with a gamepad without frustration unless it is fighting, racing or oldschool 2D games like Final Fantasy.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Believe me, I keep trying to get used to a gamepad. Matter of fact, I tried it again just this week with Tomb Raider. I can't play games with a gamepad without frustration unless it is fighting, racing or oldschool 2D games like Final Fantasy.
Indeed, I feel like a retard kid trying to play games whenever I have to use a gamepad... after a whole life of playing kb+m

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
Memory 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6700XT Gaming OC (2.80Ghz core / 2.15Ghz mem)
Storage Corsair MP510 NVMe 960GB; Samsung 850 Evo 250GB; Samsung 860 Evo 500GB;
Display(s) Dell S2721DGFA; Iiyama ProLite B2783QSU;
Case Cooler Master Elite 361
Power Supply Cooler Master G750M
Indeed, I feel like a retard kid trying to play games whenever I have to use a gamepad... after a whole life of playing kb+m
Was the same until Dark Souls came out for PC several years back.
Took me no more than a couple of hours to get the hang of it and now it's like a second nature for everything, but first person games ^_^
Some games are just better with controller and some cannot function without one.
Don't blame the developers for not wanting to break what isn't broken.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
I will, however, blame them for being unable to make controls for mouse/kb.
Common, this is 2017 and it is not rocket science.

If you get frustrated attempting to use a gamepad then you need anger management.

I grew up with both but hadn't used controllers/gamepads in like a decade, it took some time to get used to again, it doesn't happen instantly. Like most things it requires practice.

Was the same until Dark Souls came out for PC several years back.
Took me no more than a couple of hours to get the hang of it and now it's like a second nature for everything, but first person games ^_^
Some games are just better with controller and some cannot function without one.
Don't blame the developers for not wanting to break what isn't broken.

I agree with you, to get worked up over as port not supporting mouse and keyboard is silly. Get used to gamepads/controllers because we all know PC is dying :D

I will, however, blame them for being unable to make controls for mouse/kb.
Common, this is 2017 and it is not rocket science.

It's not that they don't know how to do it, they have no desire to. Learn to adapt.

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
I agree with you, to get worked up over as port not supporting mouse and keyboard is silly. Get used to gamepads/controllers because we all know PC is dying :D

From time to time it's a legit grievance, but in general I keep getting surprised how many people can't accept that k&m isn't the best for every game. First person, strategy, tactics or, surprise, point and click type games, sure... but pretty much everything else can be played equally well or better with other devices.

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
steam has a feature that can remap controllers to work with keyboard games. I wish they had the reverse of it, remap controller games for use in keyboards. not an issue for me though, I have controllers to use and even prefers it for games like this

System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
50 Euro for a PC game that doesn't support KB/Mouse? Is this a joke?

From time to time it's a legit grievance, but in general I keep getting surprised how many people can't accept that k&m isn't the best for every game. First person, strategy, tactics or, surprise, point and click type games, sure... but pretty much everything else can be played equally well or better with other devices.
Some controls have felt Really awkward on Kb/mouse for me.
steam has a feature that can remap controllers to work with keyboard games. I wish they had the reverse of it, remap controller games for use in keyboards. not an issue for me though, I have controllers to use and even prefers it for games like this

You can't go wrong with the standard Microsoft Xbox WIRED controller.

Don't buy it . I may get it if I don't buy Doom this weekend or some other game.

System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
Some controls have felt Really awkward on Kb/mouse for me.

You can't go wrong with the standard Microsoft Xbox WIRED controller.

Don't buy it . I may get it if I don't buy Doom this weekend or some other game.
Fanboy levels of salt! :3

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
It's not that they don't know how to do it, they have no desire to. Learn to adapt.

Just to buy controller for that? Meh. Mouse and keyboard is the most popular combination (IIRC, dont hit me if I am wrong :/) in PC gaming.

Witcher 3, for example, wasn't perfect, but played pretty well with KB/M.

tomb raider, doesnt that have precision aiming making it better with a mouse? batman or 'souls seems more suitable for controllers

oh i didnt know large amounts of time & money are involved in supporting kb/m regardless of genre, all the other artists/engineers/programmers/testers are cheap by comparison, definitely a $10 game in its current form!

Just to buy controller for that? Meh. Mouse and keyboard is the most popular combination (IIRC, dont hit me if I am wrong :/) in PC gaming.
It doesn't matter if it's the most popular or not, it's not always the best feeling . Playing racing games with kb/mouse definitely isn't great in my opinion, it's not even great with controller but it's better in my opinion, fighting games with kb/mouse? Lol, no thanks, I have a Qanba 8ight fight stick for that too. I want to get a nice, current steering wheel but they're not cheap. As much as I love my Dad Keyboard and my SS mouse I know they're not a one-size-fits-all .

tomb raider, doesnt that have precision aiming making it better with a mouse? batman or 'souls seems more suitable for controllers

oh i didnt know large amounts of time & money are involved in supporting kb/m regardless of genre, all the other artists/engineers/programmers/testers are cheap by comparison, definitely a $10 game in its current form!
What these guys fail to accept is that 'button mashers' aren't great with KB/mouse.

It doesn't matter if it's the most popular or not, it's not always the best feeling . Playing racing games with kb/mouse definitely isn't great in my opinion, it's not even great with controller but it's better in my opinion, fighting games with kb/mouse? Lol, no thanks, I have a Qanba 8ight fight stick for that too. I want to get a nice, current steering wheel but they're not cheap. As much as I love my Dad Keyboard and my SS mouse I know they're not a one-size-fits-all.
funny thing is i'm fine doing sim racers with kb (rfactor, papyrus stuff, etc), i do street fighter on kb, last time i tried a wheel many years ago it seemed like a hassle to move my arms so much just to make a turn, even in rally games i find kb faster than controller due to all the twitch turning

Well I've too used a KB for fighting games and racing, to me it wasn't great. If you prefer it that's good, you save money on a controller or wheel.

System Name natr0n-PC
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Storage Various
Software XP/7/8.1/10
The next update, Version 1.21.03, will feature the following:

- Added camera/action controls for mice.

- Added customizable key bindings for keyboards.

This update is planned to be implemented on November 30th(JST).

I guess their cries were heard. I might get this game today or tomorrow. I recently bought Doom but I've been getting motion sickness from it so...now I need something else to play. At least I only paid $9.00 for it.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
I guess their cries were heard. I might get this game today or tomorrow. I recently bought Doom but I've been getting motion sickness from it so...now I need something else to play. At least I only paid $9.00 for it.

It sounds like you need Motion Sickness Treatment and Management. Just trying to be there for you man; my anger management class is working out swell.

The next update, Version 1.21.03, will feature the following:

- Added camera/action controls for mice.

- Added customizable key bindings for keyboards.

This update is planned to be implemented on November 30th(JST).

Nice, I hope that is to include binding to mouse keys as well. I use mouse 4 and 5 a lot.

I know you're being sarcastic but it's a real thing, Google it, you'll see there are people who get motion sickness from games. Odd thing is that I've played a lot of games and Doom is the only one that does it to me.

System Name natr0n-PC
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Storage Various
Software XP/7/8.1/10
I know you're being sarcastic but it's a real thing, Google it, you'll see there are people who get motion sickness from games. Odd thing is that I've played a lot of games and Doom is the only one that does it to me.

To me it has to due with the swaying and motion blur usually.

I get it sometimes certain games have that puke formula down.