• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Dark Base 700 Mid-Tower Case Teased

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I wouldn't agree. Those are obsolete features. There is nothing that I can use with these bays and many many other consumers too.

No, I get it's not popular. But it's not obsolete to me, personally. Besides, if I'm building a tower, that's a waste of space if I don't do anything with it. It's not like I need ATX for anything else.

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
Oh, I sure do. Sound card, capture card, Raid card and an extra USB 3.0 card. MATX is not good enough..
I have an external iptical drive that I purchased because I needed it just once in my life. Now why would I want to have that useless thing permanently in my case? Better have all that crap externally. No need my case to be a kilometer longer just because of that useless stuff.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I have an external iptical drive that I purchased because I needed it just once in my life. Now why would I want to have that useless thing permanently in my case? Better have all that crap externally. No need my case to be a kilometer longer just because of that useless stuff.

No one's trying to convince you. I mean, I get it. Not everyone sees a use for it. But obviously this stuff still sells. And having all of these choices is the great thing about PCs.

Processor M1 Pro
Storage 1 TB
No one's trying to convince you. I mean, I get it. Not everyone sees a use for it. But obviously this stuff still sells. And having all of these choices is the great thing about PCs.
Of course, just saying that it makes cases less bulky.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro

Cool. Personally, I like smaller form factors.. I've been using laptops for awhile almost exclusively. This is the first PC I built in a long time. I might just go smaller on the next build.

So what. Most of the time people have space for big cases anyways. I understand if you live in Japan in a 20sq ft. home. Do you?

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
So what. Most of the time people have space for big cases anyways. I understand if you live in Japan in a 20sq ft. home. Do you?

Those people are so deprived. That's why even Konami switches to pachinko or now they all use cell phones :p

And even Nintendo doesn't have a strategy anymore without incorporating smallness or "switching" to handheld form.

It's crazy and that's the life some of them choose or just become used to. I guess it's okay if you don't know any better. Plus, they probably don't have a lot of useless junk like most people

Processor M1 Pro
Storage 1 TB
What? I can't have conversation with nonsense.