• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bitfenix Reveals Enso Case and Alchemy 3.0 Addressable RGB Magnetic LED Strips

BitFenix presented Aurora, Shogun and Alchemy 2.0 RGB Magnetic LED Strips co-developing AURA SYNC technology with Asus bringing in the comprehensive neat RGB LED concept for PC build. Today BitFenix present the BitFenix ENSO and the Alchemy 3.0 Addressable RGB Magnetic LED
Strips, again co-developing with Asus, supporting the latest ASUS AURA SYNC 3-pin technology for addressable RGB illumination.

Sleek Design With Metallic Front & Enhanced AURA SYNC 3 Pin Addressable RGB illumination
With the ENSO, BitFenix is launching the long awaited case shown at Taipei's Computex 2017, available in black and white. The clean design concept is well balanced between a perfectly organized interior structure and a sleek exterior design. It is complemented by a 4mm see-through-tinted tempered glass panel on the side and addressable RGB illumination surrounding the metallic front. It comes with a pre-installed controller, compatible to both, BitFenix Alchemy 2.0, static, and BitFenix 3.0, addressable, RGB products.

Users can choose to control addressable RGB LED illumination on Enso and Alchemy 3.0 addressable RGB LED strips by Asus motherboards equipped with AURA SYNC 3 pin technology or just use the pre-installed controller on Enso case to control the RGB effect on metallic front and Alchemy 3.0 addressable RGB LED strips if non AURA SYNC 3 pin motherboards are used.

Clean Interior With 23mm Cable Management Space Behind Motherboard Tray
The ENSO comes with a PSU shroud hiding the PSU and up to two HDDs beneath it, while three SSDs can be attached to the back of the motherboard tray, showing only the motherboard, graphics cards and the cooling solution through the tempered glass panel. The 23mm cable management space behind motherboard tray makes it an easy job to manage the cables.

Thermal Capability
To cool down the components, hidden air-vents are placed around the metal cover on the front panel to enhance smooth intake. ENSO supports up to two 140mm fans or a 280mm radiator in the front while a 120mm rear-fan or radiator at the rear and up to two 120mm fans in the top will push the hot air out. ENSO also supports up to 160mm high CPU air cooler.

Silence engineering
Enso doesn't compromise the comfort of silence level. The clean interior design creates no interference to the air flow blowing straight on GPU that helps not only to cool down the GPU also reduces the noise level of the air flow. The close and clean PSU shroud keeps the HDD silent beneath it. And the soft foams complemented with tempered glass lock the noise inside. Bundled with both mesh and solid top cover offers the flexibility to either air flow or silence preferred options.

Easy Clean With Side-way Removable Dust Filter
To keep the interior of the ENSO dust-free, multiple filters are placed around the case. The top filter is attached via magnets and can be easily slid off to clean it.

The ENSO also features BitFenix' new sideway-removable filters in the front and the bottom, thus enabling users to remove the front and PSU filter easily without lifting or moving the case.

Light up your components
The Alchemy 3.0 Addressable RGB Strips are upgraded from the Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic RGB LED Strips, thus featuring the TriBright LED Technology for increase brightness and color saturation. The LED strips can be easily attached to cases via the implemented magnets, but also feature a 3M adhesive strip to attach the strip to any surface. Just like the ENSO's RGB illumination, each LED can display a different color simultaneously, thus allowing preprogrammed rainbow modes. It can be powered through the optional controller or attached to one of ASUS' 3-pin ASUS AURA SYNC motherboards.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
This looks actually pretty damn nice.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
Always liked their cases.....

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
"It can be powered through the optional controller or attached to one of ASUS' 3-pin ASUS AURA SYNC motherboards" "or just use the pre-installed controller" This is ambiguous, is the LED controller pre-installed or optional (extra cost)? I assume it come with it, but who knows? More proofreading needed by the marketing dept... Not a bad looking case, though.

You know what they conveniently left out of this press release? This abortion of a front panel design:

Otherwise yeah it's a fairly nice case.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Can anyone show me where the air flow comes in through? poor hardware...

You've got me wondering too, but I think front, bottom side. You don't need a massive gap really, many cases do fine with just one edge of the frontpanel for ventilation, unless you've got fans that can pull a vacuum :D

"It can be powered through the optional controller or attached to one of ASUS' 3-pin ASUS AURA SYNC motherboards" "or just use the pre-installed controller" This is ambiguous, is the LED controller pre-installed or optional (extra cost)? I assume it come with it, but who knows? More proofreading needed by the marketing dept... Not a bad looking case, though.

Maybe one controller comes pre-installed and you can buy another, optional one as well as having the ability to connect to an ASUS motherboard.

Can anyone show me where the air flow comes in through? poor hardware...

"Thermal Capability
To cool down the components, hidden air-vents are placed around the metal cover on the front panel to enhance smooth intake. ENSO supports up to two 140mm fans or a 280mm radiator in the front while a 120mm rear-fan or radiator at the rear and up to two 120mm fans in the top will push the hot air out. ENSO also supports up to 160mm high CPU air cooler."

You know what they conveniently left out of this press release? This abortion of a front panel design:

Otherwise yeah it's a fairly nice case.

Did you mean abomination? It doesn't look bad to me until you need to plug things into it, that's similar to my front panel on my BeQuiet Dark Base Pro.

Maybe one controller comes pre-installed and you can buy another, optional one as well as having the ability to connect to an ASUS motherboard.

"Thermal Capability
To cool down the components, hidden air-vents are placed around the metal cover on the front panel to enhance smooth intake. ENSO supports up to two 140mm fans or a 280mm radiator in the front while a 120mm rear-fan or radiator at the rear and up to two 120mm fans in the top will push the hot air out. ENSO also supports up to 160mm high CPU air cooler."

Did you mean abomination? It doesn't look bad to me until you need to plug things into it, that's similar to my front panel on my BeQuiet Dark Base Pro.

I think abortion fits fine. They aborted common sense.

Okay, now your use of the word makes sense...

Here are GN's impressions of this.

I didn't ask where's the airflow for nothing. Case industry in 2017 became a nightmare for hardware.

Well good thing we have far more efficient hardware. Depending on components used you can build a machine that produces far, far less heat as a by-product in comparison of older days. Other than a video card, what's going to generate a boat load of heat? Not a processor anymore, of course it all depends on what route you go.

Well good thing we have far more efficient hardware. Depending on components used you can build a machine that produces far, far less heat as a by-product in comparison of older days. Other than a video card, what's going to generate a boat load of heat? Not a processor anymore, of course it all depends on what route you go.

They lowered the load CPU temp by over 13C just by removing this horrible front panel
This is how horrible it gets. This is a huge deal even for new hardware. It really is this bad, this case cooks hardware and re-circulate hot air back inside

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
This is another prime example of form over function, major loss of performance in the interest of looks. As in, "who cares about CPU throttling, this thing has RGB! - looks pretty!" Sadly, the entire industry is heading in this direction, as if it's being run by a bunch of kids who don't know any better. Bitfenix's iconic Prodigy case is another hot box (component cooker), best used for low-end builds that don't produce much heat - but, "it looks so cute". You might say their entire lineup fits in this same category.

They lowered the load CPU temp by over 13C just by removing this horrible front panel
This is how horrible it gets. This is a huge deal even for new hardware. It really is this bad, this case cooks hardware and re-circulate hot air back inside

I dunno, what's worse than the case design is the fact they told GN they were going to correct/improve the issue and they just didn't lol.

One way to make the case 'work' is with a blower cooled video card with the rear fan as intake and top fans as exhaust. Probably wouldn't be bad at all with that although most machines would probably be alright. I don't run any hard drives in my machines to keep heat down too...so there's those ideas.

Last edited: