• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Heatkiller IV Waterblocks for AMD Threadripper CPUs Go Up for Preorder

Watercool started development on their waterblocks for AMD Threadripper processors back in August. The brand made an announcement today on their Facebook stating that waterblocks are ready to come out of the oven. The Heatkiller IV waterblocks will come in three variants: copper, nickel, and nickel/black. All three models are available for preorder tomorrow. If you're quick enough to pull the trigger, you can also net yourself a nice 10% preorder discount. According to Watercool, the copper model ships on November 10th, while the other two remaining nickel models will start shipping on November 24th.

The full copper model is a waterblock aimed at copper lovers. It comes with an unique, huge Threadripper cooling plate made entirely of copper. The massive top is milled out of one solid block of copper. On the other hand, the nickel block caters to those who prefer a more glossy look. Both the huge cold plater and top are milled out of solid copper; then consequently nickel plated. Lastly, Watercool calls the nickel/black model the jack of all trades. The copper cold plate is nickel plated, while the top is manufactured from acrylic (Plexiglas GS) and comes with a black anodized aluminum cover. RGB lighting is present thanks to the preinstalled RGB LED strip which connects to the RGB LED headers on X399 motherboards through a black, paracord sleeved cable.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
The microfin area looks quite small. Like an enlarged version of one of their old designs. Does not look like it may cover the entire die size. Just like the crappy design of EK's TR4 block

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
The microfin area looks quite small. Like an enlarged version of one of their old designs. Does not look like it may cover the entire die size. Just like the crappy design of EK's TR4 block

Id be fine if WBs were as tall as the stock P4 HSF you could use slower pumps then

Yeah Watercool, don't do EK thing. I always had nothing but praise for Watercool line of products. Don't cheap-out on design.

At this moment in time I consider Phanteks 399a to be best block for TR4. It just leaves competition in the dust. Period. On my 1920x/4GHz Tctl is between 64-66C and Tdie 39-42C.

Entrada

Yeah Watercool, don't do EK thing. I always had nothing but praise for Watercool line of products. Don't cheap-out on design.

At this moment in time I consider Phanteks 399a to be best block for TR4. It just leaves competition in the dust. Period. On my 1920x/4GHz Tctl is between 64-66C and Tdie 39-42C.

My XSPC Raystorm Neo beats out Phanteks 399A by one degree on my setup. I had a Phantek and returned it. The block is a good performer but my XSPC Raystorm Neo beat it out by one degree, and idle temps were reached faster with the XSPC. That's enough to keep my Threadripper cooled by XSPC. If you have one, remove the flow-plate for even better cooling.