• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Activision Blizzard Announces Sale of Special Call of Duty: WWII Bravery Pack

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Activision Blizzard today announced the newest iteration in its award-winning in-game program to support the Call of Duty Endowment's efforts to help unemployed veterans find high-quality careers in the United States and United Kingdom. The Call of Duty: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment (C.O.D.E.) Bravery Pack (PS4/XboxOne/PC), developed by Sledgehammer Games, includes a special Call of Duty Endowment in-game helmet, calling card, and emblem.

The pack will be available for a suggested retail price of $4.99 in the in-game store and the Sony and Microsoft online stores. For the first time, a personalization pack benefitting the Call of Duty Endowment will also be available at all GameStop stores across the U.S. as well as online through BestBuy.com and Amazon.com. One hundred percent of the proceeds received by Activision through the Bravery Pack will directly fund the Endowment's mission to help veterans secure quality careers when they leave military service. More than 4,800 veterans have been placed in high quality jobs through Call of Duty personalization packs to-date, which is a brigade-sized group of vets.

"Through Activision's previous calling card and personalization pack programs, we have raised more than $2.8 million towards helping veterans beat unemployment and underemployment as they transition back into civilian life," said Dan Goldenberg, executive director of the Call of Duty Endowment. "We want to thank the studio team at Sledgehammer Games for their dedication in creating the Bravery Pack, and their continued devotion to the Endowment's mission of supporting those who served in uniform. We'd also like to thank our partners Activision, Sony, Microsoft, GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy for their invaluable support of our ongoing mission."

The Call of Duty Endowment is a non-profit foundation created in 2009 by Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. With a mission to identify and fund the most effective and efficient employment-focused veteran-serving organizations, the Endowment was initially established in the U.S. with a goal to place 25,000 veterans in jobs by the end of 2018. That goal was met two years early, and has subsequently and ambitiously been revised to placing 50,000 veterans into high-quality jobs by 2019. To date, the Endowment has funded the job placement of more than 40,000 veterans. The program has also recently announced the expansion of its efforts to help veterans in the United Kingdom.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Well, finally something I can support. It's a visual accessory thing only, it's not that expensive considering people spend 10x as much for really ugly skins in CS:GO in a heartbeat and it helps veterans. It gives you sense of pride and accomplishment if you have it. But doesn't affect your gameplay if you decide not to buy it. Get it EA?

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Many e-peens are going to be...

well endowed. /cringe

I couldn't help myself, I'll see myself out.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I hope all funds from such packs go to that cause on a 100% non-profit (after costs) basis. That being said, a % of all profits from war games (hey EA!) should go to veteran services.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I hope all funds from such packs go to that cause on a 100% non-profit (after costs) basis. That being said, a % of all profits from war games (hey EA!) should go to veteran services.

Not trying to give EA ideas but maybe their lootboxs would be semi-acceptable if a percentage of the profits went to charities too....

EA could turn a negative thing into a semi not-so-bad thing. It would give people some real incentive to jump on microtransactions that way.

It's very ironic that when CoD was being developed for the first time, the veteran (or was it general?) who they took advice from for how to make the game, wasn't very happy with how the game turned out to be an arcade style shooter instead of a realistic depiction of WW2 events...

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
It's very ironic that when CoD was being developed for the first time, the veteran (or was it general?) who they took advice from for how to make the game, wasn't very happy with how the game turned out to be an arcade style shooter instead of a realistic depiction of WW2 events...

The rewardless brutality of war doesn't make for a very enjoyable game. You can't make war fun so I guess the general wasn't briefed very well.

Now, WW1 Dark Souls edition - that would work. A game that wants you to smash your keyboard and punch your monitor.

Not trying to give EA ideas but maybe their lootboxs would be semi-acceptable if a percentage of the profits went to charities too....

EA could turn a negative thing into a semi not-so-bad thing. It would give people some real incentive to jump on microtransactions that way.

I still wouldn't give them a pass if it interfered with the gameplay mechanics. If it's entirely separate and optional thing, yes, if it's integral part of the game, still no, even if for good cause. Games are primarily for the consumer who buys it and secondarily for everyone else. If they screw up primary point of games, then I have no interest in the second one. Because in that case I might just as well donate directly to the charities...

gaphiltfish

Between the loot boxes, shitty cosmetics, gamification and glaring historical inaccuracies, CoD is a disgrace to all those who fought in war. At least they are doing a tiny bit to offset it here, I suppose.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

NO. Just no. It would give people an excuse for gambling and make it socially acceptable as well. Worst thing that could happen.