• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Magewell Ships the Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT

Magewell - an award-winning developer of innovative video interface devices - is now shipping the Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT, the latest member of the company's popular Pro Capture family of PCI Express capture hardware. The new model extends the powerful feature set of the previously-released Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus with HDMI signal loop-through connectivity to simplify wiring and workflows.

Like the earlier model, the Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT captures video up to 4096x2160 at 60 frames per second over an HDMI 2.0 input interface, enabling high-quality Ultra HD acquisition for markets and applications including broadcast, medical imaging, gaming, streaming, surveillance, and virtual reality (VR) production. The new loop-through connection reduces workflow costs and complexity by enabling source signals to be sent simultaneously to additional displays or equipment without the need for an external HDMI splitter.

The new loop-through capabilities deliver these benefits for any type of user but will be particularly popular with price-sensitive gamers, who can now record and live-stream their 4K gaming sessions at 60fps from the HDMI output of their game console without requiring a splitter to also connect their monitor.

"The Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT is yet another example of how we are constantly listening to our customers and responding to their needs," said Amy Zhou, Sales Director at Magewell. "While the original Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus model continues to be very popular, end-users and integrators in a variety of markets have asked for loop-through support to help them streamline their infrastructures. We're pleased to address these requests with this new card."

As with all Magewell Pro Capture cards, input video - along with embedded audio - can be sent to multiple software applications simultaneously, with independent control of the resolution, frame rate and video processing settings for each. 10-bit, FPGA-based video processing provides high-quality up/down/cross-conversion, graphic overlay, de-interlacing and more without taking valuable host system CPU cycles away from third-party software.

The Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT supports Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems and is compatible with all popular encoding, streaming, live production, web conferencing, lecture capture, medical imaging and VR creation software. A comprehensive SDK lets third-party developers directly leverage the full, advanced feature set of Magewell cards in custom software applications and turnkey solutions.

The new Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT is available immediately. The original Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus also continues to be available for OEM partners who have previously certified the earlier model and wish to continue using it in their systems.

For more information about Magewell, please visit www.magewell.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
And it's only $899...

System Name VR Machine
Processor i7-6700k @ 4.3GHz undervolted (-0.130V offset)
Motherboard ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming
Cooling Cryorig C7 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM fan
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz CL14
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G (+100/600MHz OC)
Storage Kingston KC310 960GB SSD
Display(s) 55" Samsung H7000 3DTV, Valve Index
Case DAN Cases A4-SFX v2
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD595
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Keyboard Logitech K310
Software Logitech G27, Nvidia 3D Vision/3DTV Play, DDD Tridef
4k Capture cards do seem quite expensive right now, maybe in 2-3 years prices will come down as 4k adoption improves.
Actually, it's already happening. Elgato recently released a gamer-oriented 4K60 fps capture card - the Game Capture 4K60 Pro for around 400 USD/EUR. Now let's see what AverMedia will release within their Live Gamer series (4K60fps-wise, I mean). However, these cheaper cards do not support RGB (4:4:4) capture, only 4:2:0 (no surprise here), while the Magewell ones do, and that's why I personally would go with them if I had the money to spare.
But I agree that prices will go even further down, gradually.

yea if it isnt uncompressed/lossless compressed and 4:4:4 chroma i dont care. I have tried rivatuners raw recording but its badly single thread limited even with the dedicated server client where 1440p gets you 40-60FPS and not 120 FPS because even with multithreading enabled and the dedicated server client it still wont bother using my CPU to the max :/

When I get a binned 8700K i'll try it again but i really wish people could program :/

I just want RAW so i can make my own custom h.265 compression that meets my quality needs/wants

h.265 can have crazy good quality and file size if your willing to let your CPU take its time on it and i got plenty of cores and computers laying around that i can que up weeks worth of encoding if i so felt pleased to do so lol

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
And it's only $899...

Well, $900 isn't bad considering that previously to this, the only other capture card that could do 4096x2160@60fps was the Blackmagic Deaign Decklink 4K Extreme which costs $1200-$1400...

Actually, it's already happening. Elgato recently released a gamer-oriented 4K60 fps capture card - the Game Capture 4K60 Pro for around 400 USD/EUR. Now let's see what AverMedia will release within their Live Gamer series (4K60fps-wise, I mean). However, these cheaper cards do not support RGB (4:4:4) capture, only 4:2:0 (no surprise here), while the Magewell ones do, and that's why I personally would go with them if I had the money to spare.
But I agree that prices will go even further down, gradually.

Apparently, that elgato card has no hardware compression

i have the HDMI 4K PLUS capture card by Magewell

fantastic video quality to say the least , however you'll need Vmix to enable high bitrate

also that tiny fan runs 100% all times so it's a consistent annoying hiss that goes slowly into you head , i had to remove the card after 8 months of use because i deserve a quite room :(

edit : the one i got can capture 4k (3840x2160) 60fps

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
The Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro is a 4K capture card that costs about half at ~$399 USD.