• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li Shows Off PC Cases, LED Lighting Focus at CES 2018

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Lian li at CES 2018 took to the stage (or should we say, room) to showcase some of their case designs' possibilities. The 011 Dynamic, for example, is an interesting behemoth of a case with its 450 x 273 x 460 mm dimensions. The aluminum, SECC, and tempered glass panel make sure this is a sturdy, Lian-Li-worthy case, and there's no lack of storage and fan capacity in this one: a total of 9x 120 mm and 2x 140 mm fans can be mounted on the chassis alone, and there's still space to spare for 3x 3.5" and 5x 2.5" SSD bays. The very elaborate cooling system and the overall case design were handpicked by Lian-Li in a collaboration with overclocking prodigy Der8auer, and make for an impressive showing.

The next case Lian-Li showcased was the Fusion Elite, carries a frame that misleads the eyes. Even though it's thicker and has lesser height than the 011 Dynamic, the Fusion elite is wider (at 480 mm) and smaller (240 mm height). There's a renewed focus on programmable, RGB LED lighting in this case, with an RGB remote controller.

To power up all of that RGB LED goodness, Lian-Li also put an emphasis on its Bora 120 RGB fans, showcasing them in a purpose-built tower.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Apparently Der8aur had his input with designing case and reviving Lancool brand, both those cases look quite promising and they are airflow focused rather which is a good change.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
"011 Dynamic", more like "slightly modified Corsair Carbide Air 540". Lian Li hasn't been relevant in the PC chassis market for half a decade, how are they still in business?

"011 Dynamic", more like "slightly modified Corsair Carbide Air 540". Lian Li hasn't been relevant in the PC chassis market for half a decade, how are they still in business?
What?
Lian Li is still a reference case provider for many people. And they are fairly popular for such a niche brand (after all).

The issue is that they were concentrating on a different client group - one that most likely chooses a notebook nowadays. That's why Lian Li switches direction and will now make this rubbish plexi-LEDy products. That's where the demand is.

Not so long ago I went for a Fractal Design Node 304, because I didn't want to spend more on a Lian Li alternative (e.g. PC-Q25). Now I wish I did - it might have been the last chance...
I still hope they'll keep making more "mature" or "elegant" products. If "minimalist desktops" become a thing of the past, I'd love an eGPU case or a NAS box. :)