• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Leaked AI-powered Game Revenue Model Paper Foretells a Dystopian Nightmare

Processor i7-14700k
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon Wifi
Cooling DeepCool LS720
Memory 32gb GSkill DDR5-6400 CL32 Trident Z5
Video Card(s) Intel ARC A770 LE
Storage 990 Pro 1tb, 980 Pro 512gb, WD black 4tb
Display(s) 3 x HP EliteDisplay E273
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitec MK520
Keyboard Logitec MK520
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi 35805
"names redacted" lol thats an Anthem screenshot.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I'm guessing people glossed over the images entirely. I for one read each and every one. The ones of most concern are the fact that the AI can discern whether a subject is female or not, and then subsequently learn their menstrual cycle based on the language they used throughout the month and then tailors that users experience in order to sell them more crap during that cycle. Also the use of wireless waves and telemetry to build a 3D map of the users entire surroundings aka their freaking house.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. This is too far.
I'm curious how this works. Is it pulling this from a console/PC's WIFI chip? Does all this require hardware other then the initial computer? The fact these games are figuring out people's personal lives is just.....sickening. It's freaking me out. And people will willingly purchase this, or unwillingly, because you KNOW they will never disclose any of this.

This is also why I am done with modern gaming. These pushes for intense monitization of every part of a game is ruining the industry. Once all the dedicated gamers stop buying this trash, it will only take a single misstep for us to be back in 1983 all over again.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I'm curious how this works. Is it pulling this from a console/PC's WIFI chip? Does all this require hardware other then the initial computer? The fact these games are figuring out people's personal lives is just.....sickening. It's freaking me out. And people will willingly purchase this, or unwillingly, because you KNOW they will never disclose any of this.

This is also why I am done with modern gaming. These pushes for intense monitization of every part of a game is ruining the industry. Once all the dedicated gamers stop buying this trash, it will only take a single misstep for us to be back in 1983 all over again.

The use case is mobile phones, and yes, they're able to acces the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth radio etc in order to do said mapping. They're also using the sensors to detect the phones elevation to map out chairs/floors etc.

Parts of this are already implemented in "f2p" games. I will give you just one example: If you don't play dota 2 for a long time when you come back to it, after the first match you will "win" an item. If you play normally getting an item is very rare and far between but it happens each time after a long break. This is just a small example how the reward system is being manipulated for a specific goal: to make a player come back to the game. Now, if this happens in this instance then who knows what else is being done behind the scenes for similar purposes? So the article here presents maybe an extreme case but parts of it are already true...

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Graphics cards prices through the roof, games trying to manipulate and spy on you, Memory prices up, massive exploits in the cpu microcode...

what a great year for gaming this is going to be:shadedshu:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Graphics cards prices through the roof, games trying to manipulate and spy on you, Memory prices up, massive exploits in the cpu microcode...

what a great year for gaming this is going to be:shadedshu:
It's almost as if someone's trying to herd us towards consoles which are closed system by design ;)

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
It was only a matter of time before "telemetry" met "free to play," and had this as its baby.

I love the use of words to obfuscate the meaning as if no one will understand the simple fact, that if you aren't (and sometimes are) paying you aren't the customer, you are the product. Facebook, and almost all other "free" or "freemium" apps are underhandedly this way. I got my woman an Ipad and she is playing sims on it, but apparently you can't play without an internet connection, which is wierd since once you start you can shut down the connection and it still works fine, and all the rendering and calculations are taking place client side, so the server side is just to log data.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. This is too far.

Me neither. And this is not just games, and it isn't just product marketing. All electronic traffic is being mined and analyzed. If anyone is surprised by how much info can be gleamed from how you play a game, imagine what can be learned from your Facebook activity, internet searches/posting/buying, cell activity, etc.

It isn't just for sales. It's knowing exactly what button to push to get you to respond in the desired fashion. That's power, baby!

AI is as smart as the ones coding it, so there will always be a way around.

Not so. On narrowly defined tasks, AI has been smarter than humans for decades. Soon they will be smarter at everything.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
This has been going on for years. And people wonder why I rarely play games online anymore. When Blizzard's servers screwed up and borked over a ton of players in 2013, myself included, and then refused to set things right, I stopped playing online completely. Eff that. I play games to relax and enjoy, not to be frustrated, irritated and cheated.

You're referring to the time when they changed the server the chars belonged to, right? I was affected by that as well, with my Wizard suddenly belonging to the America's server ...

Then they screwed me over again, back in 2016, when they banned me permanently, accusing me of using "automated programs". 1st they tell me to check my PC for viruses but then deny me the chance to try to clear my name, and i won't stand for that, so i banned them: destroyed every single Bizzard title i had, including the authenticator.

Then, a few months later, they had the gall to email me about a new game they were launching ... so i said "what was on my mind" and told them never to contact me again!

Last edited:
System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
That's why we have governments in place. They're supposed to set to rules of the game (and, very important, stay out of the game itself). So the next time you think you have a problem with capitalism, maybe you should look at your government first.

This stops working when corporations are considered "people" and have the same rights as a living person. They also have unlimited resources to bribe politicians and have lobbyists working with government.

How can the government function when people vote in politicians that are systematically weakening the government from within. For example the FCC just disbanded Net Neutrality but they also neutered themselves by saying they can't regulate this anymore. It's scorched earth policy.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well, this is messed up, for sure. But games that adjust difficulty based on how you play aren't really new.
Really diffuclty that changes on based how much you spend with where you live and how much you make factored in that amount?

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
This stops working when corporations are considered "people" and have the same rights as a living person. They also have unlimited resources to bribe politicians and have lobbyists working with government.

How can the government function when people vote in politicians that are systematically weakening the government from within. For example the FCC just disbanded Net Neutrality but they also neutered themselves by saying they can't regulate this anymore. It's scorched earth policy.

System can be gamed. What else is new?
Really diffuclty that changes on based how much you spend with where you live and how much you make factored in that amount?
I'm not sure what's used in the backend (hint: that's why the push for MMOs - data can be safely mined on the server and the user can do little about it), but as I said, games adjusting to the player are nothing new. Hell, even irl team lineups are determined by the opponent's lineup, so video games didn't even invent this.

System Name latest-greatest
Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard Z690 Rog Strix-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360
Memory corsair vengeance Ddr5 4800
Video Card(s) 2080ti
Storage 980 pro gen4
Display(s) LG C1 4K 120Mhz
Case fractal meshify2
Audio Device(s) Realtec 4080
Power Supply Corsair rm1000x
Parts of this are already implemented in "f2p" games. I will give you just one example: If you don't play dota 2 for a long time when you come back to it, after the first match you will "win" an item. If you play normally getting an item is very rare and far between but it happens each time after a long break. This is just a small example how the reward system is being manipulated for a specific goal: to make a player come back to the game. Now, if this happens in this instance then who knows what else is being done behind the scenes for similar purposes? So the article here presents maybe an extreme case but parts of it are already true...
I agree. You don't need AI to get the same results when you can manipulate RNG based on user analytics like last logon and in-game data. You can get the same results of pushing a player to purchase more if they have a good K/D and tend to utilize micro transactions. In this case it's a simple matter of putting that player on losing teams.

I played world of tanks, a F2P game for quite a while when it launched. It was uncanny how you could play all night and lose nearly every game, then if you took a break for a few days you could win nearly every game. Since they rely on people buying premium tanks or gold to help grind faster, I always felt they pushed you down a road of misery and frustration until you gave in and bought some gold. One thing was for sure, once you bought a premium tank, the next couple of days using it was glorious, then slowly but surly it felt like every shot thereafter was a miss or bounce.

Same thing.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q + AOC 19'
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
I agree. You don't need AI to get the same results when you can manipulate RNG based on user analytics like last logon and in-game data. You can get the same results of pushing a player to purchase more if they have a good K/D and tend to utilize micro transactions. In this case it's a simple matter of putting that player on losing teams.

I played world of tanks, a F2P game for quite a while when it launched. It was uncanny how you could play all night and lose nearly every game, then if you took a break for a few days you could win nearly every game. Since they rely on people buying premium tanks or gold to help grind faster, I always felt they pushed you down a road of misery and frustration until you gave in and bought some gold. One thing was for sure, once you bought a premium tank, the next couple of days using it was glorious, then slowly but surly it felt like every shot thereafter was a miss or bounce.

Same thing.

Play something more realistic like War Thunder, the only premium advantage is faster grinding, only "needed" for the last tanks/planes.

System Name latest-greatest
Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard Z690 Rog Strix-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360
Memory corsair vengeance Ddr5 4800
Video Card(s) 2080ti
Storage 980 pro gen4
Display(s) LG C1 4K 120Mhz
Case fractal meshify2
Audio Device(s) Realtec 4080
Power Supply Corsair rm1000x
Play something more realistic like War Thunder, the only premium advantage is faster grinding, only "needed" for the last tanks/planes.
Yeah, I should pick that up. I played it briefly, but at that time they didn't have tanks, just the planes.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
This is really nothing comparing to the subtle influnce done by all major search engines / social media groups / MSM outlets. A small set of people controling the majority of population, while makes the majority feels like they have a say in it is the most successful form of absolute control. The illusion of choices is enough to persuade people to accept this dystopian situation.

System Name Ciel
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
Orwell and Huxley would be proud.

DimBo

System Name Old_Ironsides
Processor Intel Core i7-4770k
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87P-D3 rev 1.0
Cooling EK Supreme HF + XSPC EX360 + some chinese pump
Memory 2*8 GB DDR-III 1600 (Kingston ValueRAM or smth)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4GB
Storage SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB + Kingston KC 120GB + OCZ Vertex 3 120GB + Kingston SSDNow V100 64 GB
Display(s) LG 29UM67
Case None at the moment
Audio Device(s) ESI Maya 44 XTe, Focusrite Forte
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard Oklick Iron Edge 910G
Software Win7 x64
Just wanted say a couple of things about WarThunder specifically (I played WT for several years mostly because my friends are addicted to this sh*t and can't pull them out of it) :
1) It is not realistic at all.
2) Playing at high tiers is pay-to-win. If you won't spend A LOT of money on crews and modules you're going to be an easy kill for those who do.
3) I strongly suspect that WT already has a system like the one described in the slides (albeit more primitive). Their CEO himself confessed that they have means to adjust ricochet and critical hit probabilities per player account.
To put it briefly: stay away from WarThunder - it is the same crap as the other F2P games.

System Name Ciel
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
Just wanted say a couple of things about WarThunder specifically (I played WT for several years mostly because my friends are addicted to this sh*t and can't pull them out of it) :
1) It is not realistic at all.
2) Playing at high tiers is pay-to-win. If you won't spend A LOT of money on crews and modules you're going to be an easy kill for those who do.
3) I strongly suspect that WT already has a system like the one described in the slides (albeit more primitive). Their CEO himself confessed that they have means to adjust ricochet and critical hit probabilities per player account.
To put it briefly: stay away from WarThunder - it is the same crap as the other F2P games.

As I usually just play Japanese planes, I don't get those problems (you don't BnZ or head-on with a Zero, so hitting critical components is less important), but those are really valid points. Can't testify for the Pay to Win, as a jap pilot, I'm always at a disadvantage.

Maybe we should just go back to the olde CS days.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) XFX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850B x 2 / ASUS MG278Q
Case be quiet! Silent Base 802
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster AE-7 / Sennheiser HD 660S
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64
So we're actively teaching AIs to enslave us?
What won't humans do for a quick buck! :shadedshu:

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
So we're actively teaching AIs to enslave us?
What won't humans do for a quick buck! :shadedshu:
Yes ... and the quick buck here is in detecting big spenders ... mapping the house to see how much space there is, detecting the squeaking of the chair to detect income level (non squeaky chair is an expensive chair) ... next it'll be voice recognition trying to catch you speaking about your paycheck

System Name Ciel
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
Yes ... and the quick buck here is in detecting big spenders ... mapping the house to see how much space there is, detecting the squeaking of the chair to detect income level (non squeaky chair is an expensive chair) ... next it'll be voice recognition trying to catch you speaking about your paycheck
My chair is VERY squeaky, and I have never spend a single penny on micro-transactions or DLC, or legal purch... ejem. Do I qualify?