• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

That file solve 0x00000002 error? I got the same.
Yes

Hello!
Please fix this problem!
I turned off the driver signature. I dont have Secure Boot Option. I turned off the UEFI boot, but i cant boot up the system.
I cant install this driver. I add my hardware ids, but it not helped me out.
Please help me!
you download missing one or more missing multiple files. Re-download

viptr

this one worked for me perfectly!!! This article helped after 10! hours of searching and testing. I hope it works for all of you! Please tell me if it worked for you too. I would be very happy if i know that I helped others fix their problem without spending more frastuating time... just dont install the motherboards extra software. When I installed (ASUS Strix Z370e gaming) sonic studio the dts was gone again after the fiirst restart. Search for a third party equalizer.

http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/
Has anyone tried it yet?

V3lCr0

Could someone make a complete revision guide of instalation with every steps?There's to many things i dont understain and i get errors and i dont know from...

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Has anyone tried it yet?

Happy new year 2018!

I'll try that 8308 mod on my spare HP m8417c computer that uses an actual orange coaxial (SPDIF) out on the back - uses Realtek ALC888S audio with Windows 10 LTSB 2016 v1607.

remember, the mod that uses Dolby DL & DTS Interactive requires a digital audio connection (SPDIF) and may not work with standard analog audio ports.

unfortunately, I'm having a surgery tomorrow afternoon to have a cyst removed from my upper jaw behind my upper front teeth (yea, my mouth is gonna be sore after the operation). I won't be able to use my computer that much this week after the procedure.

as for 3rd party equalizers, how about Equalizer APO or Peace Equalizer?

Yes. I recommend the sound blasterx 720.
Link: http://dldolby.blogspot.com/

I live in a deepest doubt man!, how u did 2 mount the drive?. U have a Creative Card compatible & connected?, Is impossible mount a driver (or libraries (720.dll`s) w/out have a card connected. I watched the video 4 times, and w/ only having the hdaudio.inf and some libraries (dll`s), (or unless u have the creative card) u can`t mount the driver and console in any windows; included making it from the device administrator. If u want, i hope u tell how u did this. 2 me is not a problem, can i use the MB5 or the 720 if i want (the 2 mounted and listen to work in a windows 7 x64) w/ the Realtek driver from the Lynn page. Thanx in advance, great job.

DTS Studio Sound. Sounds great
Untitled.png

System Name Eight Six
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK
Memory Corsair 2x 8GB 3000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 590 Saphire Nitro+
Storage Kingston A400 SSD + 5TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung CF390 27"
Case NZXT S340 Elite White
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply BeQuiet Pure Power 11
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Keyboard Drevo Tyrfing V2
Software Windows 10 Pro (1909) , Mac OS Catalina
ive got a ALC887 audio chipset anyone know of any audio drivers better than default Realtek ones?

im a total noob to PC's in this respect so hopefully there is im using windows 10 OS Build 16299.125

hardware id HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1462F693&REV_1003

motherboard is a MSI 970a SLI Krait

crimson

Just download and install the driver on the first post...
It's all there

And then install the dolby atmos app

NO, it's not all there!

But first: hello everyone,
i'm following this thread for a while now because i'm quite interested in those dolby capabilities of my onboard sound. I downloaded the package from page one and solved some issues (error -0001) by editing the HDXRT4.inf file. But still I ran into errors during install (error 0x00000002). The same as pointed out here by some users (e.g. see posts #652 and following).

The link one page one leads to a onedrive folder which - for some reason - doesn't contain all the needed files anymore. Therefore the installation ends with an error. I can't say what exactly is missing (e.g. folder DS1/x64 is empty), but since the same behaviour is reproducible by different users, the link isn't valid anymore.

So it would be really nice if someone could acknowledge that there are missing files instead of repeating "it's all there" again and again.

Apologies for this rant. I just felt the discussion didn't lead anywhere since people wouldn't read older messages.

It would be nice if someone who has the complete set of folders/files could reupload everything.

edit:
The file "Extras/Guide to Install.txt" lists some files that aren't there, like "DS1/DolbyDgitalPlusHT.msi", "DAX2/dax2_app_release_x64.msi" and "Extras/SRSUIAPO".

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Well that would have to be the creator and he has not been around for a while sadly.

Mudoin

NO, it's not all there!

But first: hello everyone,
i'm following this thread for a while now because i'm quite interested in those dolby capabilities of my onboard sound. I downloaded the package from page one and solved some issues (error -0001) by editing the HDXRT4.inf file. But still I ran into errors during install (error 0x00000002). The same as pointed out here by some users (e.g. see posts #652 and following).

The link one page one leads to a onedrive folder which - for some reason - doesn't contain all the needed files anymore. Therefore the installation ends with an error. I can't say what exactly is missing (e.g. folder DS1/x64 is empty), but since the same behaviour is reproducible by different users, the link isn't valid anymore.

So it would be really nice if someone could acknowledge that there are missing files instead of repeating "it's all there" again and again.

Apologies for this rant. I just felt the discussion didn't lead anywhere since people wouldn't read older messages.

It would be nice if someone who has the complete set of folders/files could reupload everything.

edit:
The file "Extras/Guide to Install.txt" lists some files that aren't there, like "DS1/DolbyDgitalPlusHT.msi", "DAX2/dax2_app_release_x64.msi" and "Extras/SRSUIAPO".

It install just fine without that...
Srs is there, dolby digital is there, harman too and dolby atmos installed
And what happens is you cant open the dolby atmos, but with the link from monty then the atmos will be opened when you install it...

That error happens because you install it wrong
At first, i too experienced that two error
Make sure you turn off device signature before installing and anti virus too and delete previous driver
When installing is succeded but you still doesnt change to the new driver, then manual install it from device manager

Im new here, I even find the other link that isnt from onedrive that other user uploaded. And it ends with that same error missing item folder too

You need to read how to install first before getting angry at the ppl who tried to help you

When I first tried install it, I get an -0001 error code
So I tried adding my Hardware ID, and now it seems the error code changed to 0x00000002

Currently using another modded driver but it's only got SRS in it

Looking forward to try installing these driver

Thanks in advance

This is my first post asking the same question as yours, but I managed to install it now, although im not using it anymore. But I did installing it again to try the dolby atmos yesterday

Last edited:

Mudoin

Yes sir but i want to install dolby atmos like dolby audio installaltion method which means like Dolby api and update dax3b and dolby atmos app at this dax3 inf file is not installled in my high definition audio device sir ,so only i want separate inf file not by realtek sir kindly help me to get the inf file sir

If you only want the atmos, I havent tried installing only the atmos. But right now im using dolby home theater. But its not compatible with the atmos app...

The driver in page one does include all in one. So i cant help you much if you only want the atmos part only. Maybe try contacting urko ?

The dolby home theater that i used, the mod there has the atmos app only but he hasnt released it yet though...
If this what you want, I myself still waiting he released it

crimson

Make sure you turn off device signature before installing and anti virus too and delete previous driver
When installing is succeded but you still doesnt change to the new driver, then manual install it from device manager

Did all that. The files that I was listing were only those that I know about. It it works for you it could be because you have a different system.
If you cannot help at this point, that is fine. But repeating the same doesn't help either.

Mudoin

Did all that. The files that I was listing were only those that I know about. It it works for you it could be because you have a different system.
If you cannot help at this point, that is fine. But repeating the same doesn't help either.

I did encountered the same error....
I believe it was because my anti virus rejected some file
Turning off driver signature and anvir solves the problem for me

I use win 10 64bit though

Last edited:
I have entered the official download page of creative, there I downloaded the EA-5, which slaiò new this month; this when you install it gives you the option to install (or not) the controllers of this card/console. I installed it with the drivers, I use a MOD driver that I created myself, it has the sound manager of the realtek in full; so it does not have excessive modifications this MOD, and I own 2 sets of 2.1 speakers (One Logitech and one Woxter, both excellent and with a beautiful sound).

I`ve installed the AE-5, what happened was the following; it does not appear as the image of the real console of the AE-5, but appears w/ the name of a 720; but have the appearance of an AE-5.

Well, it works, it works like a fable, it only has a couple of things that do not work well, although they are superfluous and unimportant. The rest of the console options work wonderfully.
One of them is: "Voice Clarity, Voice Improvement" (I add a couple of images so you can see what happens), and then there is an option called "Register your account", of course if you do not have an AE card- 5 surely does not detect it (because I do not have it, obviously) and if you succeed, then you could start registered online session.

Another fact is that this console has an option called "Lightning", in my console does not appear (I add an image so that they can see the console of the AE-5); It could well be that when you start your online session, this option will be activated (I do not know if this is the case or not). Maybe one of you can ressolve these unimportant
disadvantages. would be nice to all of us.

Attentively.

Màthair.
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.JPG

ASK

I am getting error while installing modded drivers even i followed following steps

1 uninstall old driver after that look in the system32 drivers folder and delete rthdaud.dat if you have file like that but I dont think so...
2 in folder extras it has instruction but its not the same like this archive.
3. read disabling.docx in folder extras disable secure boot option before that. then run test mode dont open any other install shield setups like apps or other.
4 when you enabling test mode via cmd restart your computer as advanced startup go to setings recovery advanced startup then restart. In dialog pres F7 to disable driver signature enforcement
5 when you go to your desktop go to folder extras and install dolby tuning and profile creator do not restart computer after that
6 try to install realtek mod if you cant try via device manager

I am getting error "Install Realtek HD audio driver Failure Error Code: 0xE0000248",
I have successfully enable Test mode. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

WATERMAN1995

Hello guys..
Okay i found a solution for missing files in win64 folder. First download new realtek drivers unzip it.
Copy files from old win64 folder and place it in new win64 folder.
Delete all .inf files copy the old HDXRT4.inf and finally install the driver from device manager as casual(DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT)
by this method you can keep old dlls and missing dlls from win64 and also updated files also
gud luck it workerd for me.....

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
this one worked for me perfectly!!! This article helped after 10! hours of searching and testing. I hope it works for all of you! Please tell me if it worked for you too. I would be very happy if i know that I helped others fix their problem without spending more frastuating time... just dont install the motherboards extra software. When I installed (ASUS Strix Z370e gaming) sonic studio the dts was gone again after the fiirst restart. Search for a third party equalizer.

http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

I'm back but still recovering from my surgery I had about two weeks ago.

here's what I have when I installed the modded 8308 driver with DDL/DTS on my spare Hewlett-Packard m8417c media center PC with Win10 v1607 LTSB with a Realtek ALC888S audio chip:

by the way I have made a DDL/DTSi Realtek mod of my own based on v8328 with the Realtek APO DLL files already patched (MS Onedrive link) (Google drive link); need at least a Realtek ALC8xxx series desktop or all-in-one PC based realtek audio chip - may also work with the relatively new ALC1220 & ALC1168 chips as well; DTS connect/DTS interactive is not available for laptop based Realtek ALC2xx/3xx audio chips. also need a digital audio out port like SPDIF or HDMI. The HP m8417c computer had an orange SPDIF coaxial audio out port at the back that I can use an old Sony home theater 5.1 speaker sound system to hook up with with the coaxial cable.

wow making my own realtek mods was hard work; uploading them was another challenge; I had to use my relative's cable internet connection to upload them (yes, DSL & satellite internet connections suck bigtime for uploading 100Mb+ files)

I do have another realtek mod planned that integrates with sound blaster connect 2 (aka. sound blasterx 720 or whatever) but does not include DDL/DTS enhancements; whatever comment I had earlier about sound blaster connect 2, I was wrong. it seems to work with many audio devices, possibly on non-Realtek audio chips as well (but requires version 1.2.65.x of the mbapo232.dll & mbapo264.dll files or better). SBConnect 2 is basically "MB6", newer than X-FI MB5. still requires generating a bunch of kga activation files to actually get the SBConnect 2 working.

Last edited:

playstation_12000

DTS Studio Sound. Sounds great
View attachment 95567
how did u got dts studio sound working.... :O :O :O
plz let us know about this magic

I'm back but still recovering from my surgery I had about two weeks ago.

here's what I have when I installed the modded 8308 driver with DDL/DTS on my spare Hewlett-Packard m8417c media center PC with Win10 v1607 LTSB with a Realtek ALC888S audio chip:

by the way I have made a DDL/DTSi Realtek mod of my own based on v8328 with the Realtek APO DLL files already patched (MS Onedrive link) (Google drive link); need at least a Realtek ALC8xxx series desktop or all-in-one PC based realtek audio chip - may also work with the relatively new ALC1220 & ALC1168 chips as well; DTS connect/DTS interactive is not available for laptop based Realtek ALC2xx/3xx audio chips. also need a digital audio out port like SPDIF or HDMI. The HP m8417c computer had an orange SPDIF coaxial audio out port at the back that I can use an old Sony home theater 5.1 speaker sound system to hook up with with the coaxial cable.

wow making my own realtek mods was hard work; uploading them was another challenge; I had to use my relative's cable internet connection to upload them (yes, DSL & satellite internet connections suck bigtime for uploading 100Mb+ files)

I do have another realtek mod planned that integrates with sound blaster connect 2 (aka. sound blasterx 720 or whatever) but does not include DDL/DTS enhancements; whatever comment I had earlier about sound blaster connect 2, I was wrong. it seems to work with many audio devices, possibly on non-Realtek audio chips as well (but requires version 1.2.65.x of the mbapo232.dll & mbapo264.dll files or better). SBConnect 2 is basically "MB6", newer than X-FI MB5. still requires generating a bunch of kga activation files to actually get the SBConnect 2 working.
waiting for ur quick recovery bro :)