• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rambus Announces Their High-Performance GDDR6 PHY Solution

Rambus Inc. today announced the GDDR6 (Graphics Double Data Rate) Memory PHY IP Core targeted for high-performance applications including cryptocurrency mining, artificial intelligence (AI), ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) and networking. Leveraging almost 30 years of high-speed interface design expertise and using advanced leading-edge FinFET process nodes, the Rambus GDDR6 PHY architecture will provide the industry's highest speed of up to 16 Gbps, while utilizing established packaging and testing techniques.

"The high bandwidth delivered by GDDR6 makes it uniquely qualified to perform data-intensive applications such as HPC (high performance computing), AI, autonomous vehicles, and high-speed networking," said Luc Seraphin, SVP and general manager of the Rambus Memory and Interfaces Division. "We are excited to be the first IP provider to offer a GDDR6 PHY solution with industry-leading performance designed with power efficiency and high signal margins for these applications."

Rambus GDDR6 Memory PHY Technical Highlights:
  • Standards compliant
  • Flexible delivery of IP core: works with ASIC/SoC layout requirements
  • Speed bins: 12 Gbps, 14 Gbps, 16 Gbps
  • 2 x 16 bit Channels, for a maximum bandwidth of 512 Gbps

Demonstration Details at DesignCon 2018
At DesignCon from Jan. 31 - Feb. 1, 2018 in Santa Clara, California, Rambus will demonstrate a memory channel signaling at GDDR6 speeds. Rambus will also present, "High-speed memory architectures for next-generation applications," starting at 3:45 pm PT on Jan. 31 in the room, "Great America 3," that will discuss GDDR6 as well as other leading technologies. Visit Rambus at Booth 627 to learn more about GDDR6 applications.

For more information on Rambus GDDR6 technology, please visit https://www.rambus.com/gddr6.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel 7700K 5.1Ghz (Intel advised me not to OC this CPU)
Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Code
Cooling Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
Memory 48GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Dual Channel (2x16 & 2x8)
Video Card(s) nVIDIA Titan XP (Overclocks like a champ but stock performance is enough)
Storage Intel 760p 2280 2TB
Display(s) MSI Optix MPG27CQ Black 27" 1ms 144hz
Case Thermaltake View 71
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 Platinum2
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro (not recommded, I am on my second mouse with same defect)
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
Benchmark Scores Yes I am Intel fanboy that is my benchmark score.
I did not know RAMBUS was still around. Was this company running on a skeleton crew up until now.