• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Denuvo Responds to 4.8 Bypass with Updated 5.0 Protection

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Those DRM idiots never understand that software, as cryptic as it can be, it can ALWAYS be reversed engineered (de-compiled), it just takes time and dedication.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Those idiots don't seem to understand that DRMs actually hurt sales. Here is a simple breakdown:

100 players split into 3 groups:

• 20 seasoned pirates (or players who just don't have the funds to buy new games) -> They will always seek to crack the game no matter whether there is DRM or not -> No sale
  • 30 wealthy players who always get the game on the launch day -> They will always buy the game on the launch day regardless if there is DRM -> Sure sale
  • 50 wary players who always check the price, contents and also whether there is any intrusive and performance degrading DRM which might also stop working in the future rendering the game completely dead -> The more layers of DRMs implemented, the more expensive and system resource heavy the game becomes -> Diminishing sale, moving to the pirate camp
As you can see from the above, the more layers of DRMs, the less buyers.

This is exactly my thinking; its a losing battle for DRM. The more versions of it get hacked, the heavier its going to be, or more intrusive, scaring off ever more people from a sale.

As for piracy, its also an age thing: today I really don't have the urge to pirate everything while back in the day 90% of what I had was taken for free and it was good sport 'getting it'. Right now, I buy all my games & software. But the marketplace is also a lot healthier for gaming, and thát is the key really. These publisher-specific outlets with their own Store and DRM layers are also counterproductive in terms of getting sales. People don't really prefer having to install several launchers beyond the games themselves, just as everyone flocks to on-demand services such as Netflix, Spotify... it are those vendors that should be supported by the big publishers if they really want to combat piracy. The fact that they don't and instead push their own silly, buggy platforms shows that piracy really isn't that big of an issue for them, or that they are just looking at it in the wrong way.

Objectively, the largest contribution in combating game piracy was and still is Steam, and GOG as a distant second. You could even state that Steam is a key driver for all these indie publishers and devs popping up, alongside Kickstarter.

Last edited:
Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit
(x) number of protections for financially predatory games with diminished entertainment value that require (n) unattainable gaming peripheral which itself is in turn operating at lower performance state due to (y) os environment(security patches)....i could write an equation...but i feel the result at the end is depressing and i would better focus my efforts on a time machine to return to the past where pc gaming probably lives