• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial Confessions of a Crypto Miner: Efficiency

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
It's likely going to come down to the power supply itself. For all we know, R-T-B PSU at 240v might be using an internal step-down transformer to 120v.

I'm pretty sure reviews would've noted that...

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Thermal stress on solder joints is a myth from GeForce 8-series era. It's not the solder balls that detach from PCB, it's a bonding array between the die and the substrate, and is not so much a thermal expansion problem, as a factory defect. It still happens on newer cards, but very-very rarely comparing to VRAM failures, which lots of people and even repair technicians confuse with GPU failure.
Ah I didn't know that. Any source? Shouldn't a factory defect per definition be present from the start?

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Ah I didn't know that. Any source? Shouldn't a factory defect per definition be present from the start?
It was a long time ago. The problem was an epoxy, or whatever type of the bonding material NV used in those cards, and forgot to account for thermal expansion, so during the normal operation the heat-resistant adhesive would hold the die in place and slowly but surely wiggle it out of the bonding spot, thus breaking the contact between die and substrate. Fixed since Fermi.

There used to be more info on this about 8-9 years ago, but here's a brief article on this topic:
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1004378/why-nvidia-chips-defective

Kinda like the recent Vega packaging problem, but with disastrous impact on the end-user.
This sh%t also started the whole "bake it in the oven" craze.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Why is this on the front page?
Because it is a TPU-driven experiment and study to bring some greater understanding of mining, good and bad. Naturally we are being kept in the loop on findings as things progress. :)

Keep up the BS articles about mining. Watch your reputation as a tech site go down the toilet.
Absolutely pathetic...... Now watch me get banned. lol

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
^+1 You got to wonder sometimes Who's driving the BUS :rolleyes:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
mining in pointless s*** that waste real resources

It's not pointless per se, it is however debatable whether it is worth the energy cost. I'm unconvinced either way on that... but I do know one thing:

Efficiency is of the utmost importance.

System Name it needs a name?
Processor Xeon E3-1241 v3 @3.5GHz- standard clock
Motherboard Asus Z97A 3.1
Cooling Bequiet! Dark Rock 3 CPU cooler, 2 x 140mm intake and 1 x 120mm exhaust PWM fans in the case
Memory 16 GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Ballistix Sport 2 x 8 GB
Video Card(s) Palit 980ti Super Jetscream
Storage Sandisk X110 256GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD, 640GB WD Blue, 12TB Ultrastar
Display(s) Acer XB270HU
Case Lian Li PC 7H
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB interface
Power Supply Seasonic P660
Mouse cheapo logitech wireless
Keyboard some keyboard from the 90's
Software Win10pro 64bit
It looks to me that ATM it is worth going for the maximum hashrate and not worrying too much about electricity usage. (That is, given that electricity costs are not too high,temps are ok and the cards are not too inefficient going flat out.)

Keep up the BS articles about mining. Watch your reputation as a tech site go down the toilet.

I'm not mining myself but I find RTB's articles interesting. I like to keep up on new tech, even if I'm not planning on buying a pallet of GPUs tomorrow.
As far as I can see the content is factual and the tone as neutral as possible.

The mainstream press know next to nothing about crypto so it is nice to have some decent info here.
Crypto has become one of those subjects that everyone has an opinion on but hardly anyone knows much about.

IMHO anyone who has no interest whatsoever is free to not click on this article, and free to post in one of the other threads decrying mining.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
the efficiency doesn't surprise me

you are rectifying AC TO DC
doubling the voltage doesn't really make that process any more efficient

now if you where talking 3 phase thats a whole different ballgame

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
doubling the voltage doesn't really make that process any more efficient

Well, I mean PSU manufacturerers, the 80PLUS standards, and even these test results (albeit only at one percent) all disagree with you. SOMETHING inside the PSU becomes more efficient at higher voltage.

The surprising thing is that the doubling is not MORE efficient given the marketing they provide saying I should expect at least a 2% gain.

It looks to me that ATM it is worth going for the maximum hashrate and not worrying too much about electricity usage. (That is, given that electricity costs are not too high,temps are ok and the cards are not too inefficient going flat out.)

I'm not mining myself but I find RTB's articles interesting. I like to keep up on new tech, even if I'm not planning on buying a pallet of GPUs tomorrow.
As far as I can see the content is factual and the tone as neutral as possible.

The mainstream press know next to nothing about crypto so it is nice to have some decent info here.
Crypto has become one of those subjects that everyone has an opinion on but hardly anyone knows much about.

IMHO anyone who has no interest whatsoever is free to not click on this article, and free to post in one of the other threads decrying mining.

Thank you.

I see no reason why mining and non-mining articles can not coexist neutrally on a tech related website.

Honestly my opinion of crypto tech in it's current form is hardly positive (there is a reason the watt meter shot was chosen, anyone notice anything about the last 3 digits?), but I like to learn.

The higher the voltage the lower the Amps required to attain the same amount of Watts. There are many reasons why a higher voltage will give higher efficiency. But to be fair most of the gains are from supplying power over long distances. Most heat generated is from the amperage pumped through a wire and heat increases resistance of conductors (but not semi-conductors) and resistance lowers efficiency . Also voltage drop is less of an issue at a higher initial voltage which also helps to lower temps and lessen the required amps.

Because PSUs are made to handle both 120V and 240V supplies then they have to be made to handle the 120V amperage requirement which means a higher gauge wire is needed to pass code standards. This is another positive for 240V supplies since the wire used inside the PSU is much larger than needed which means it'll impeded 240V less and generate less heat as well.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000

You think? Mining is very tech oriented. As it stands right now, it's not the way it was meant to be, but there is a lot of useful tech in there.

mining in pointless s*** that waste real resources

You know, every time I see a comment like this, it triggers me, just a little bit... I understand that mining caused a big GPU shortage. I'm a gamer too, hell, that's how I found this site originally way back in the day. But mining is making a lot of people money. People like me that struggle all the time financially, and people like daddy bigbucks who takes entire shipments of them. I was fortunate enough to get in while it was still reasonably possible to do so. The shortage had already begun, to an extent, but I was lucky enough to find a measly two cards for myself.

Personally I think mining is a little bit more important than gaming. I've been playing video games since I was at least as young as 2, but it's never earned me a single cent. Mining, however, has... and if it weren't for mining I would never have two GTX1070s. I'd still be happily chugging along with my old GTX660 Ti. Since then my mining has helped me out a lot, and things would be noticeably worse without it.

System Name Zangief (Reborn)
Processor AMD Ryzen R7 1700X @ 3.825ghz , 1.35v
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K7 Rev 1.0 BIOS F51e
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Push / Push Config | 2x ML120 | 2x Phanteks 120 mm
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz cl 16 @ 1.45v
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 +100 core / +550 mem
Storage 250 GB Samsung Evo 850 / 1tb WD Black / 4tb WD Blue / 512GB Adata XPG Pro SX8200
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU |Asus VX239H 23" AH-IPS Led
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek HD / Logitech G633/G933 Gaming Headset / Corsair H70 Pro Wireless
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Logitech G903 and G602 Wireless Gaming | Logitech Proteus Core G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Red | Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Browns | Akko 3908N TTC Flame Reds
Software Windows 11 Pro
Been following the articles you put up @R-T-B , thank you for the interesting finds.

These sort of things pique my interest. Especially this one. Efficiency and power cost, because here in the Philippines we have a lot of gpu miners, I was wondering how they survive with their multi gpu rigs because electricity here isn't cheap, especially if you live in the city.

Thanks for all the effort and information.

It's not pointless per se, it is however debatable whether it is worth the energy cost. I'm unconvinced either way on that... but I do know one thing:

Efficiency is of the utmost importance.

You think? Mining is very tech oriented. As it stands right now, it's not the way it was meant to be, but there is a lot of useful tech in there.

You know, every time I see a comment like this, it triggers me, just a little bit... I understand that mining caused a big GPU shortage. I'm a gamer too, hell, that's how I found this site originally way back in the day. But mining is making a lot of people money. People like me that struggle all the time financially, and people like daddy bigbucks who takes entire shipments of them. I was fortunate enough to get in while it was still reasonably possible to do so. The shortage had already begun, to an extent, but I was lucky enough to find a measly two cards for myself.

Personally I think mining is a little bit more important than gaming. I've been playing video games since I was at least as young as 2, but it's never earned me a single cent. Mining, however, has... and if it weren't for mining I would never have two GTX1070s. I'd still be happily chugging along with my old GTX660 Ti. Since then my mining has helped me out a lot, and things would be noticeably worse without it.
you are only part of a speculative mechanis. mining produce nothing, you burn real resources to produce nothing, complicated algorithm that sometime are used to validate exchang of a fake money without guarantees( that are not a money cause no one would accept it as a payemen except some rarr cases) but it is only something worst than a mere speculative product, like a future or a commodity. I say worst cause it is a ponzi scheme, there is nothing under those cripto, and the day people stop trow in real money the castle crash down.
people are exalted of the cripto sayng they can free people from banks, but those currency failed on evrything, no equity cause all of those cripto are in the hands of few, and no one want it cause they are useless, the miners cache out for real money as fast as they can. mine as long as you can if you want, cause sooner or later such a wast of energy to feed a ponzi scheme-like game will be killed in some way

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
mining produce nothing

I'm sorry, but I disagree. A payment network that has global reach is indeed something.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
You can trash crypto all you want, but the facts are, at least for me, it's helped me greatly in my time mining. It's helped bail me out of touch financial situations and helped me get things I would otherwise not have been able to get. That's far from useless, fake, or producing nothing to me. Sure it could all be ruined someday, but the same is true for everything. Even the Sun will burn out someday. It's worth something because people say it's worth something. The same is true for the dollar. Even "real" currencies crash and are reduced to nothing. It's happened many times in our history. The Gold Standard is dead and gone, even the dollar is backed by nothing.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
You can trash crypto all you want, but the facts are, at least for me, it's helped me greatly in my time mining. It's helped bail me out of touch financial situations and helped me get things I would otherwise not have been able to get. That's far from useless, fake, or producing nothing to me. Sure it could all be ruined someday, but the same is true for everything. Even the Sun will burn out someday. It's worth something because people say it's worth something. The same is true for the dollar. Even "real" currencies crash and are reduced to nothing. It's happened many times in our history. The Gold Standard is dead and gone, even the dollar is backed by nothing.

This is what keeps me from outright trashing it, really. Stories like this.

System Name Zangief (Reborn)
Processor AMD Ryzen R7 1700X @ 3.825ghz , 1.35v
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K7 Rev 1.0 BIOS F51e
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Push / Push Config | 2x ML120 | 2x Phanteks 120 mm
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz cl 16 @ 1.45v
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 +100 core / +550 mem
Storage 250 GB Samsung Evo 850 / 1tb WD Black / 4tb WD Blue / 512GB Adata XPG Pro SX8200
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU |Asus VX239H 23" AH-IPS Led
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek HD / Logitech G633/G933 Gaming Headset / Corsair H70 Pro Wireless
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Logitech G903 and G602 Wireless Gaming | Logitech Proteus Core G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Red | Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Browns | Akko 3908N TTC Flame Reds
Software Windows 11 Pro
I can add to that, it saved me when payday was a week away and I was short on budget. It saved us with groceries and a full tank of gas. So I believe it produces something :)

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
yes but how many folks here other then RTB have done the power-usage to profit calculation in detail

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
yes but how many folks here other then RTB have done the power-usage to profit calculation in detail

Few I imagine, but remember even my research only applies to equihash/ZCash. I imagine it could be totally different elsewhere.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758

Same for me, I'd never have been able to justify buying anything above a 1060. Most of the cards I have now, I can justify buying them as when I mine on them, they pay for themselves. Most of the cards I have are upgrades I've paid for from mining on the previous cards.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
Same for me, I'd never have been able to justify buying anything above a 1060. Most of the cards I have now, I can justify buying them as when I mine on them, they pay for themselves. Most of the cards I have are upgrades I've paid for from mining on the previous cards.

i have a machine sat outside in my caravan.. along with my desktop gaming rig it is producing "money".. no effort on my part is required.. i am seeing around $1000 per month at the moment a couple of weeks back when eth was higher i was seeing up to $1500 dollars per month.. my caravan is kept nice and warm.. no worries about frost damage and its helping heat my house..

if the same thing happens this year as last year and i hold the mined proceeds.. i could be looking at $50000 dollars or so.. from my modest mining efforts..

if things keep going as they are.. lets say i am skint and need the ready cash.. its hard to believe that the $1000 or so a month wont come in handy..

this does require a cash investment.. nothing comes totally free.. and it is all dependent on what happens to crypto prices over the coming year.. last year some of them went up by a %1000 or so..

the naysayers will shout out "that aint gonna happen".. well for sure it aint gonna happen for them.. but it just might happen for me.. :)

does money grow on trees... dunno but it might.. he he..

i did lose 1/3 of a bitcoin current price about 4k.. that was my first three months mining and holding bitcoin.. i was a bit lapse about leaving it sat in the nicehash wallet.. a mistake i wont make again..

i mine but i am really a hodler.. which means i hoard what i have as opposed to cashing it out and spending it..

trog

ps.. there is a possibility i might get my 4K back.. nicehash say they are gonna do this.. they are gonna say when and how at the end of this month which is getting close..

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I have , i quite literally pay separately for its power, and that makes budgeting quite easy ,it inspired me to move my own 8 580s from two rigs into one, plus ive spent hours fine tuning so far for efficiency, im at about 1300 watts max but fluctuations down to 900 on two psus ,jic, i definitely saved 150-300 watts with the swap and its easier to tune , looks a mess mind ill post a pic once I have slept, just got it running right now.