• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Comes to macOS & Linux This Spring

Feral Interactive announced today that Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, the definitive edition of the acclaimed action-adventure, will be coming to macOS and Linux this spring. Developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix for Windows and consoles, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the breathtaking follow-up to Tomb Raider, the 2013 series reboot.

Players will become the young archaeologist Lara Croft as she seeks the lost city of Kitezh to recover the Divine Source, an ancient artifact with the power to grant immortality. When Lara's quest puts her in the crosshairs of Trinity, a secret global organization, she must use all her wits and daring to reach the Divine Source first.

Lara's expedition takes her from Syria's sun-baked ruins to the vast wilderness of Siberia, where frozen forests, ancient crypts, a lush geothermal valley, and an abandoned Soviet military installation await. Players climb, swim, grapple, and zip-line their way through the beautiful but lethal environments as they outsmart deadly traps and solve huge, multi-layered puzzles hidden within stunning challenge tombs.

To stay one step ahead of Trinity, players engage in guerrilla combat, configuring Lara's loadout with everything from poisoned arrows to explosive shotgun shells.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration bundles the base game with all DLC, which comprises:
  • Blood Ties: A standalone story in which Lara uncovers family secrets as she explores her childhood home, Croft Manor.
  • Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch: An adventure in which Lara seeks the truth behind a mythic terror lurking within a new region of Siberia, the Wicked Vale.
  • Cold Darkness Awakened: When a biological weapon is unleashed in the Siberian wilderness, Lara is tasked with ending a viral outbreak as she fights off waves of infected adversaries.
  • Lara's Nightmare: As undead hordes infiltrate Croft Manor, Lara must become the ultimate zombie slayer.
  • Endurance Mode: Two players team up to survive the dangerous forest while plundering crypts for relics.
  • Extreme Survivor Challenge: In the hardest difficulty setting for the main campaign, players overcome difficult limits of save points, resources, ammunition, and health.
  • 5 Classic Skins: Nostalgic skins from Tomb Raider history: Croft Manor, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider II Bomber Jacket, Chronicles Catsuit, and Angel of Darkness.
  • 12 Outfits: Ancient Vanguard (Byzantine-era chain mail), Apex Predator (bear fur, animal claws, and warpaint), Shadowrunner (tactical vest and watch cap), and the reimagined Antarctica outfit inspired by Tomb Raider III.
  • Expedition Cards: Players use cards in Expedition Mode to boost their score, modify their abilities, and apply cosmetic effects like Big Head Enemies.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Nice. One more to the list.
It's probably time to rebuild my steambox. I bought RoTR on winter sale, but haven't had a chance to play it. I think I'll just go straight to linux playthrough once I get done with Black Mesa.

Also, it is worth noting that the port was developed by Feral Interactive, who were really proud to brag about their progress on DX12 and Vulkan performance last year. I feel super-optimistic about this one!

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Good for Mac and Linux users. I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two Tomb Raider games which is also when I started playing the series.

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
Nice. One more to the list.
It's probably time to rebuild my steambox. I bought RoTR on winter sale, but haven't had a chance to play it. I think I'll just go straight to linux playthrough once I get done with Black Mesa.

Also, it is worth noting that the port was developed by Feral Interactive, who were really proud to brag about their progress on DX12 and Vulkan performance last year. I feel super-optimistic about this one!

Tried F1 on linux with vega, can agree they've achieved great things.
Also AMD's open source staff is doing a killer job along with Valve, Feral, Linux foundation, Novell and Intel.