• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Ships 4 Million Headsets, Global Leader in Esports

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., today announced it has shipped more than 4 million units of its award-winning gaming headsets. HyperX began shipping gaming headsets in April 2014, reaching 1 million units in less than two years. HyperX gaming headset popularity extends from first-time gamers to professional gamers on tournament stages around the world. HyperX headsets are now available in 15,000 stores, in over 100 countries and across 6 continents.

HyperX headsets deliver the ultimate comfort for hours of gaming for pro gamers and enthusiasts alike, featuring premium HyperX signature memory foam, an adjustable headband, and multi-platform capability. HyperX headsets are designed to deliver industry-leading sound quality for an immersive gaming experience, as well watching movies, listening to music and chat.

HyperX offers a full line of comfortable and award-winning gaming headsets including the popular HyperX Cloud II, recognized as the best headset under $100, with over 1.3 million units sold. The HyperX Cloud Stinger, recognized as the best gaming headset under $50, also won the prestigious 2017 iF design award. The HyperX Cloud Revolver was awarded "Headset of the Year" in 2017 by PC Gamer, and IGN.com dubbed HyperX Cloud Alpha "Amazing" for its dual-chamber technology. The company's first wireless headset, the HyperX Cloud Flight, took home a highly coveted Editor's Choice award from Reviewed.com at CES and has been well reviewed online since its launch.

"HyperX is committed to designing products that offer gamers unparalleled performance," said Marcus Hermann, senior business manager, HyperX. "The result is a headset line that satisfies the demanding specifications of the gaming community that we love. We'll keep striving to earn that respect as we push our designs further."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Do own a HyperX Cloud II, and absolutely love it. Credit goes where it is due, and Kingston did a fantastic job around most of its HyperX headsets. Simply wonderful.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Do own a HyperX Cloud II, and absolutely love it. Credit goes where it is due, and Kingston did a fantastic job around most of its HyperX headsets. Simply wonderful.

I found the Cloud II to sound quite awful, but I agree with IGN and PCGamer on the Hyperx Revolver, that thing is amazenuts good.

I found the Cloud II to sound quite awful, but I agree with IGN and PCGamer on the Hyperx Revolver, that thing is amazenuts good.

Did you try it with some tuning from an external mixer? Digitally - i agree, analogically its quite a lot better

Interesting. When I was looking for headset few years ago it was incredibly hard to find one that is just simple stereo with 3,5mm jack. Everything was 7.1 abominations with USB ports costing a fortune whch is why I ended up with Logitech G230 which were basically the only option. So annoying when you have a 150€ soundcard in the system which you expect to do all that stuff via strong virtualization and deliver crisp audio through it's high end headphone amplifier and DAC's...

I guess I now know what brand to look at next time. How good are microphones on these things? G230 is pretty good, but with noise filtering on soundcard, it makes me sound like a Russian gopnik, with that thick Russian accent English lol. If I turn noise filtering off I sound fine, but then there's quite some hiss in the background which is annoying.

EDIT: Nice, Cloud Revolver come in stereo and 3,5mm jack. They cost 110€ in my country. Seems reasonable if they are really"studio grade". Any actual specs on the drivers, like frequency range and stuff?

EDIT2: Ok, these are 12Hz to 28kHz drivers on Revolver. Now, that is studio grade frequency range. Usually getting 22kHz out of them is a miracle as they mostl go to 20kHz only...

Last edited:
Interesting. When I was looking for headset few years ago it was incredibly hard to find one that is just simple stereo with 3,5mm jack. Everything was 7.1 abominations with USB ports costing a fortune whch is why I ended up with Logitech G230 which were basically the only option. So annoying when you have a 150€ soundcard in the system which you expect to do all that stuff via strong virtualization and deliver crisp audio through it's high end headphone amplifier and DAC's...

Do like i did, and mentioned here. It has an analog connector to its external sound card, just use a 2$ Y splitter on it and connect it to your sound card \ DAC

Space Lynx

Astronaut

I guess I now know what brand to look at next time. How good are microphones on these things? G230 is pretty good, but with noise filtering on soundcard, it makes me sound like a Russian gopnik, with that thick Russian accent English lol. If I turn noise filtering off I sound fine, but then there's quite some hiss in the background which is annoying.

EDIT: Nice, Cloud Revolver come in stereo and 3,5mm jack. They cost 110€ in my country. Seems reasonable if they are really"studio grade". Any actual specs on the drivers, like frequency range and stuff?

EDIT2: Ok, these are 12Hz to 28kHz drivers on Revolver. Now, that is studio grade frequency range. Usually getting 22kHz out of them is a miracle as they mostl go to 20kHz only...

Revolver sounded as good to me as $300 audiophile headphones did. You can't go wrong for 110 Euro. I still prefer my Philips SHP-9500S for gaming though, they only run $55 here in the states and sound better everything I have ever heard, I love the imaging on them, spot on.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
my previous headset was a Tt SHOCK Blasting Red , started to fail, they were purchased locally, so took e'm to the store, then next store called me, they were lacking stock of this product, they offered 2 things: money back or kingston hyperx Cloud headset, brand new in box, decided to give'em a chance,

1 week after picked'em i was still wondering if i should keep or sold them...lol, headset quality was amazing, boxing and details from the price paid (also they were a bit expensive here, they were recent item on market for that time.) so decided to give them a try on some gaming days, that happened like 2 years or so, still testing them, pretty glad with quality, also sound, and design,

another satisfied Hyper X headset user here!

Regards,

I have the original Hyper X Cloud, Revolver, and Stinger. The Hyper X Clouds are one of the best gaming headsets on the market for sound and comfort. My only complaint is people with giant football style heads. The Hyper X Cloud does not fit at max height setting for me. I had to zip tie the revolver head band to the top of the metal frame....barely fits. The stinger fits perfect with the massive adjustable headband, but it feels cheaper in design to the others. This makes sense considering how cheap the price is. I want the ear cups for the revolver or clouds on the Stinger, and make a braided cable for the stinger. I'd willingly pay another 10 to 20 dollars for that kind of improvement for the Stinger.

For another brand comparison; I also own a Corsair Void Pro Wireless. Fits great for people with giant craniums. Will fall off your head when looking down if your head is too small. Comfortable and sound isn't bad. It's not on par with the Clouds, but it is close. I'm impressed with it considering wireless functionality, 12 to 14 hour battery life, and it fits my giant chrome dome of a head.

I'm always being selective with headphones especially gaming one's because I do not fit the norm when it comes to default headset sizes.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I have the original Hyper X Cloud, Revolver, and Stinger. The Hyper X Clouds are one of the best gaming headsets on the market for sound and comfort. My only complaint is people with giant football style heads. The Hyper X Cloud does not fit at max height setting for me. I had to zip tie the revolver head band to the top of the metal frame....barely fits. The stinger fits perfect with the massive adjustable headband, but it feels cheaper in design to the others. This makes sense considering how cheap the price is. I want the ear cups for the revolver or clouds on the Stinger, and make a braided cable for the stinger. I'd willingly pay another 10 to 20 dollars for that kind of improvement for the Stinger.

For another brand comparison; I also own a Corsair Void Pro Wireless. Fits great for people with giant craniums. Will fall off your head when looking down if your head is too small. Comfortable and sound isn't bad. It's not on par with the Clouds, but it is close. I'm impressed with it considering wireless functionality, 12 to 14 hour battery life, and it fits my giant chrome dome of a head.

I'm always being selective with headphones especially gaming one's because I do not fit the norm when it comes to default headset sizes.

I find it hard to believe you think the original Cloud sounds better than the Revolver. heh

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I'm a global leader in never using headphones/sets.

I find it hard to believe you think the original Cloud sounds better than the Revolver. heh

Oh, I completely think the original Clouds sound better. The revolver leaks sound and thus feels slightly less to me in between lows and mids. The Clouds hold sound in better and don't leak much noise. I switch between the two from time to time. I wrap the Clouds around the back of my head and have them on the go. The Revolvers attract too much attention as a gaming headset. I still like them both though.

System Name #projectEVO v4
Processor AMD R9 3950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair Impact
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO CPU, Alphacool Monsta 240, Alphacool UT60 360, Aquacomputer Aqauero 6X
Memory GSkills Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 CL16 @3600MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 500GB NVME M.2, Seagate 4TB 7200rpm HDD (x2)
Display(s) Samsung G9 Odyssey 49" Ultrawide @240hz | ASUS MG279Q 1440P @144hz | HTC VIVE
Case CaseLabs Mercury S5
Audio Device(s) Marantz PM7000N | Schitt Stack UBER | Beyerdynamic DT1990 | Sennheiser HD6XX | HiFi Man HE4XX
Power Supply EVGA 1600 Watt T2
Mouse HyperX Haste, Logi GroX Superlight, Logi GPro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Drop ALT , HHKB Pro 2, RealForce Topre 104UB, Topre Realforce RGB
Software Windows 10 PRO

All the HyperX Headsets have a 3.5mm jack. One of the few gaming brands that offer that option. I prefer the Alpha's over the Revolver from that line up.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
i was looking to buy an over ear headset... a philips ... but in the last minute switched to cloud revolver as price was hot! paid 62 $ only and was one of the best decision i made.

sound is great for every purpose, are v. comfortable (i wear glasses and on ear sets are quite uncomfortable..); they're not perfect as the steel frame conduct every knock/touch in ear ..... but i get used...

Space Lynx

Astronaut
i was looking to buy an over ear headset... a philips ... but in the last minute switched to cloud revolver as price was hot! paid 62 $ only and was one of the best decision i made.

sound is great for every purpose, are v. comfortable (i wear glasses and on ear sets are quite uncomfortable..); they're not perfect as the steel frame conduct every knock/touch in ear ..... but i get used...

I'd buy a Revolver as a spare can if I found it for $62, where did you find it for that price? That is fantastic. and yeah, the Revolver is a great can, especially if you got a little DAC/AMP like a Schiit Fulla 2 or something.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
I'd buy a Revolver as a spare can if I found it for $62, where did you find it for that price? That is fantastic. and yeah, the Revolver is a great can, especially if you got a little DAC/AMP like a Schiit Fulla 2 or something.

an online store from EU had a 50% discount almost 2 years ago....black friday... :)

I also quite like my Cloud II. They are very comfortable and audio and mic are fine by my book. The only issue is with the usb dongle/soundcard. I get ocasanaly a popping/crackling sound. Which I'm almost sure that it is from the M$ usb drivers. If I force Windows to use the drivers from Etron it works fine. I have even contacted Kingston and they send me another dongle, but the problem is still there.