• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Celeron and Pentium Gold Coffee Lake Processors Spotted on Amazon

Amazon listed for a brief moment four upcoming Coffee Lake processors on their website. The crew over at Tom's Hardware managed to grab some screenshots of the processors right before the pages were taken down. The models in question belong to the Celeron and Pentium Gold families. The Celeron G4900 and G4920 are dual-core processors that lack hyperthreading. Both models are rated at 54W TDP. However, the G4900 operates at 3.1 GHz, while the G4920 runs at 3.2 GHz. Although Amazon didn't leak the pricing, we did some digging of own. According to Connection, the Celeron 4900 goes for $46.27 and the Celeron G4920 for $58.14. Similar to the Celeron models, the Pentium Gold G5500 and G5600 are also dual-core processors and possess a 54W TDP. However, the Pentium Gold models do come with hyperthreading. The G5500 runs at 3.8 GHz and the G5600 at 3.9 GHz. In terms of pricing, the Pentium Gold G5500 costs $82.06 and the faster Pentium Gold G5600 goes for $94.92.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
Funny how the alternative choice gets advertised in the first three images. :laugh:

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Nearly $100 for a dual core in 2018? Lol no thanks.
They are 2c/4t and for the mass produced PCs at big boss stores to keep prices down. I'm also willing to bet the G5500 & G5600 outperform the ryzen 1200 at $94 (currently on Amazon) in MS office & web surfing which is what they are for.

They are 2c/4t and for the mass produced PCs at big boss stores to keep prices down. I'm also willing to bet the G5500 & G5600 outperform the ryzen 1200 at $94 (currently on Amazon) in MS office & web surfing which is what they are for.
I doubt you'd notice the difference between R3 1200 and these processors in MS office and Web surfing lol. With 1200 you are getting a lot more CPU for the money and a far more future proof socket. Sorry but AMD can sell a quad for $94 then these "Mass produced" dual cores should be $60-70 max.

Pretty sure all Ryzen chips can be OCed & 4 real cores @broadwell IPC will perform better than these Pentiums in majority of tasks. Also SSD makes a whole lot of difference, not any single processor, as long as it's one launched in the last few years.

Case fancier than yours
I doubt you'd notice the difference between R3 1200 and these processors in MS office and Web surfing lol. With 1200 you are getting a lot more CPU for the money and a far more future proof socket. Sorry but AMD can sell a quad for $94 then these "Mass produced" dual cores should be $60-70 max.
Pretty sure all Ryzen chips can be OCed & 4 real cores @broadwell IPC will perform better than these Pentiums in majority of tasks. Also SSD makes a whole lot of difference, not any single processor, as long as it's one launched in the last few years.

lol future proof, the ultimate fail line. "It's not fast now but it will be fast later!" That explains everyone dusting off their Phenom II x6 and FX-8 processors to replace their i5 & i7. :roll:Yeah thanks for giving up early and saying you have no facts to back up your comments. Anyways anadtech already showed the pentium G4560 to be better in MS office and web surfing then the ryzen 1200 and I expect the the new coffee lake versions to be a minimal improvement of just faster frequency...but thanks for trying it was a nice if fruitless effort.

lol future proof, the ultimate fail line. "It's not fast now but it will be fast later!" That explains everyone dusting off their Phenom II x6 and FX-8 processors to replace their i5 & i7. :roll:Yeah thanks for giving up early and saying you have no facts to back up your comments. Anyways anadtech already showed the pentium G4560 to be better in MS office and web surfing then the ryzen 1200 and I expect the the new coffee lake versions to be a minimal improvement of just faster frequency...but thanks for trying it was a nice if fruitless effort.
AM4 can be upgraded with the latest Processors from AMD till 2020 or maybe even beyond, can you say the same about Intel? Trying to justify spending nearly a hundred dollars on a dual core when quad core options are available for the same price from AMD, seriously? Like I said it wouldn't be so bad if Intel sold these chips for what they're actually worth. Also I notice absolutely no difference web surfing between my 1200 and my i3 8350K, which is a quad core at higher frequencies.

Stop taking it so personally, I can sense the emotion in your reply :p

Case fancier than yours
I never said anything about future proof, just that 4 real cores is better than 2(+HT) especially given that all Ryzen chips can be OCed. Heck the latest Intel i3 are better value than these Pentium G5xxx ~ if anything these chips should top out at $70 to $80 because I certainly wouldn't want to pay anymore than that just for a better MS office or web experience.