• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Announce Exclusive Partnership

Today, SteelSeries is proud to announce its official partnership with leading battle royale game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). With the announcement of the partnership, SteelSeries is announcing a PUBG QcK+ mousepad, with additional PUBG-branded peripherals and accessories coming later this summer. Today, SteelSeries and PUBG will also kick off the one-year Anniversary Celebration with a global campaign, giving away tons of SteelSeries gear as well as PUBG swag, codes and more.

"This partnership signals the coming of incredible products, meaningful integrations along with creative activities among the PUBG influencer and streamer communities," said SteelSeries CEO, Ehtisham Rabbani. "Together our brands are creating an opportunity for the battle royal community to connect their PUBG obsession with premium gear that is both innovative and designed for competitive esports."

"SteelSeries was the peripherals brand we considered partnering with, because of the tremendous reputation the brand has built over the last two decades," said Shane Rho, Senior Marketing Manager, EMEA of PUBG Corporation. "This partnership provides our community with the ability to show off their PUBG pride while using the best peripherals in the industry."

Today, the first in a series of peripherals will be available, the QcK+ PUBG Edition Mousepad for $19.99 / €24.99. Featuring the leading PUBG character image in bold and vibrant colorings, the QcK+ is a 450x400x4mm oversized mousepad with a nearly frictionless surface and non-slip rubber base. Composed of high-quality cloth, this supersized mousepad is especially ideal for people using a low sensitivity or high resolution.

The SteelSeries PUBG one-year anniversary campaign kicks off today with huge prizes including: Level 3 backpacks filled with SteelSeries gear, SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless headsets with exclusive PUBG ear plates, an MSI Optix MPG27C Curved LED Gaming Monitor with a full suite of SteelSeries gear, PUBG QcK+ mousepads signed by creator, Brandon Greene and more. To enter, visit https://SteelSeries.com/pubg1.

For more information about SteelSeries' complete selection of gaming accessories, including the new Arctis Pro line of gaming headsets, visit https://steelseries.com/.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
And here I am, with a main preference for SteelSeries due to their no-nonsense looks.

Guess I'm out :D

System Name Red 101
Processor 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900k
Motherboard EVGA Z370 Classified
Cooling Custom Primochill and Heatkiller water cooling loop
Memory 16GB of Gskill 3200Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 with Heatkiller block @2114Mhz
Storage 4- Samsung Evo 250GB, 1- Pro 512GB and 1-512GB M.2
Display(s) LG 38" UW
Case In Win 101 customized a lot and painted red
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
Power Supply EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdderv2
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win10Pro and games
Benchmark Scores NA
#fanboiapproved

Space Lynx

Astronaut
All that money and they still can't improve their servers. Sad day mates. I enjoy the game, but it is a buggy and laggy mess, even with my fiber optic 2ms internet connection. :/ Not sure why people love it so much, I mean I get it, but its just a bad business model to not invest in better servers when you have the best selling game in a long long time.

System Name unnamed currently :*(
Processor Intel Core i7-5960x
Motherboard ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Cooling EKWB/Bitspower CPU, motherboard & GPU WB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb ddr4 2666
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB M.2 SSD & WD Black 5TB HDD
Display(s) Asus SwiftROG PG278Q & Asus PB277Q
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair Axi1200
Mouse Steel Series Sensei RAW
Keyboard Corsair K70
Benchmark Scores 4.8 ghz @ 1.37 - 5930k - old cpu 4.6 GHZ @ 1.3 - 5960X - current cpu
All that money and they still can't improve their servers. Sad day mates. I enjoy the game, but it is a buggy and laggy mess, even with my fiber optic 2ms internet connection. :/ Not sure why people love it so much, I mean I get it, but its just a bad business model to not invest in better servers when you have the best selling game in a long long time.

You ask why people love it..... but you said previously "you enjoy the game..." :kookoo:

Anyways, to answer your question, they post stuff in the steam community, it seems they are constantly trying to catch up with the demand but obviously, continue to fail at that. :banghead:

Old post https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1500120701758332375

Space Lynx

Astronaut
You ask why people love it..... but you said previously "you enjoy the game..." :kookoo:

Anyways, to answer your question, they post stuff in the steam community, it seems they are constantly trying to catch up with the demand but obviously, continue to fail at that. :banghead:

Old post https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1500120701758332375

I do enjoy the game, it still needs more optimization though. It could be much better if they just hired a slightly bigger team to help them out quicker. That post you linked is from October, and its still a buggy laggy mess... yet they had time to partner with steelseries, make a mobile game, and advertise like crazy... maybe they should have spent some of those enormous profits to increase their team size and optimize the PC version first.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I do enjoy the game, it still needs more optimization though. It could be much better if they just hired a slightly bigger team to help them out quicker. That post you linked is from October, and its still a buggy laggy mess... yet they had time to partner with steelseries, make a mobile game, and advertise like crazy... maybe they should have spent some of those enormous profits to increase their team size and optimize the PC version first.

Honestly those are the big red flags that I already spotted early on. This game exploded out of early access and after that they just monetized it above all other things. Its extremely likely this will devolve into nothing more than a cash grab.

System Name unnamed currently :*(
Processor Intel Core i7-5960x
Motherboard ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Cooling EKWB/Bitspower CPU, motherboard & GPU WB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb ddr4 2666
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB M.2 SSD & WD Black 5TB HDD
Display(s) Asus SwiftROG PG278Q & Asus PB277Q
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair Axi1200
Mouse Steel Series Sensei RAW
Keyboard Corsair K70
Benchmark Scores 4.8 ghz @ 1.37 - 5930k - old cpu 4.6 GHZ @ 1.3 - 5960X - current cpu

I agree, needs more optimization. I mentioned OLD POST before the link... But seems to be relevant as they still have server issues. :mad:

Honestly those are the big red flags that I already spotted early on. This game exploded out of early access and after that they just monetized it above all other things. Its extremely likely this will devolve into nothing more than a cash grab.

Capitalism at its best.

System Name Red 101
Display(s) LG 38" UW
Mouse Razer DeathAdderv2
Benchmark Scores NA
dont know if you have played lately but the last big update that just rolled has GREATLY improved the game, the game has been stability and has much improved in many ways. at least that is the way i felt after the 4-5 matches I played last night.

#stilladdicted lol

Space Lynx

Astronaut
dont know if you have played lately but the last big update that just rolled has GREATLY improved the game, the game has been stability and has much improved in many ways. at least that is the way i felt after the 4-5 matches I played last night.

#stilladdicted lol

Thanks, I haven't had a working PC in over two weeks, so I was not aware. Good to know.

I sent my gaming laptop in to get liquid metal and extra copper / high quality thermal pads on it. :D

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
System Name Red 101
Display(s) LG 38" UW
Mouse Razer DeathAdderv2
Benchmark Scores NA
Thanks, I haven't had a working PC in over two weeks, so I was not aware. Good to know.

I sent my gaming laptop in to get liquid metal and extra copper / high quality thermal pads on it. :D

Good man... I covered all my procs with liquid metal... so worth the "hassle"

Jump on when you have a chance. I think you will find it to be a great progression if you haven't played in a while. New map and other items are coming soon as well, honestly I am sick of the desert map