• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

nando.biomed

When I try to stop or start the Dolby API servic service with the system, this error appears.

After restarting the computer, the service does not start. Help;

Attachments

• erro.jpg
    erro.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 734
System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Ho
4 Interested.........

Win 7,8,10 x64
PackageVersion = PG466
DriverVer= 04/17/2018, 6.0.1.8425

A Beta Version:

ftp://60.251.198.230/Intel/8425_PG466_INTEL_POWERSAVING.zip

And an OEM.

ftp://60.251.198.230/ASUS/Universal_Audio_Driver_8425.zip (*)

*=(Is not only 4 Asus!, have many brands 4 more Motherboards).

How to Download? I can´t,
I would like to use Sonic Studio on my Realtek ALC883

Hi guys, I told you that a week ago I bought a new motherboard (asrock z370 sli / ac), I came with onboard alc892 and it does not work 5.1 sound when I have it configured in the sound options of windows 10, and also hears horrible sound usually. I also want to clarify that I have a home theater connected by 3 3.5mm jack cables
I was watching the themes and responses of alanfox2000 but I do not understand and I can not make these modded drivers work.

I wanted to see if you could help me more detailed or with a video tutorial, I would appreciate it, thank you very much.

The Realtek non mod official should work on 5.1 sound. You still using the official driver if you had installed my APO Driver.
May be you can try ASUS Sonic Focus/SonicMaster or others to improve sound quality.

i didn't understand this step- 4. Install Realtek APO Driver through device manager, then using device manager update from Realtek APO Driver to the lastest offical realtek HD Audio
which inf file i should choose when installing Realtel APO driver folder and there are many inf files in the Realtek official HD Audio. which file to choose?
You just select pick any of them, and the correct one will install.

When I try to stop or start the Dolby API servic service with the system, this error appears.

I updated Realtek APO Driver 6.0.1.8419 Revision, redownload and install again , I have fix dolby dll problem.

I updated Realtek APO Driver 6.0.1.8419 Revision, redownload and install again , I have fix dolby dll problem.
Installed everything perfectly. but still realtek driver not working and giving this error.
Find the Upperfilters reg key and delete , reboot
It look like this, the orange text is different for you
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003\4&26fe9049&0&0201]

If still don't work for you, use the m$ driver
Image 1.png

Ho

How to Download? I can´t,
I would like to use Sonic Studio on my Realtek ALC883

Sonic Studio Progam
Link

Last edited:

TheArturZh

I can't understand where's the problem. After I load the config, import all required .reg files, click "Apply", "Restart audio service" and then "Refresh" all fields are resetting back to their previous values. Dolby Atmos/DTS/Audio by Harman are not working - the sound isn't changing at all. What I'm doing wrong?

where's the link to Realtek APO Driver 6.0.1.8419 Revision on puresoftapps?
Link

I can't understand where's the problem. After I load the config, import all required .reg files, click "Apply", "Restart audio service" and then "Refresh" all fields are resetting back to their previous values. Dolby Atmos/DTS/Audio by Harman are not working - the sound isn't changing at all. What I'm doing wrong?
Run FX Configurator as admin and take ownership of Properties & FXProperties registry key manually

Hi DJUrko, I installed the sound drivers correctly as per the process but the center speaker is giving extremely low/suppressing sound and due to this i am not able to hear the movie dialogues properly. swap center/subwoofer in realtek audio manager doesnt help. I am not facing this issue in realtek stock drivers. Please help
Hey DJ Urko...your help on this issue would be appreciated.

PDI

I'll wait until people stops reporting bugs here before installing it myself, great work fixing it :)

playstation_12000

Find the Upperfilters reg key and delete , reboot
It look like this, the orange text is different for you
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003\4&26fe9049&0&0201]

If still don't work for you, use the m$ driver
View attachment 100116
tried everything as suggested by you. didnt found any upperfilters reg key after the installation of realtek/M$ audio drivers. what seems to be causing the problem is probably lying inside the APO driver. once APO is installed it shows as "UNKNOWN" hardware becoz of which it cannot actually update with a relevant audio driver like realtek/m$. the apo driver after installation shows that the device cannot start becoz of probelms in registry. so is it supposed to show as 'unknown' hardware in device manager?
apo.png
apo2.png
hash.png
instance.png

Attachments

• apo2.png
    apo2.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 609
  • hash.png
    hash.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 538
  • instance.png
    instance.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
I tried all the instructions on puresoftapps and it didn't work for me. I couldn't even take ownership of registries.

I tried all the instructions on puresoftapps and it didn't work for me. I couldn't even take ownership of registries.
FX Configurator auto take registry ownership when you click apply. Try RegOwnershipEx if don't work
https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.210

tried everything as suggested by you. didnt found any upperfilters reg key after the installation of realtek/M$ audio drivers. what seems to be causing the problem is probably lying inside the APO driver. once APO is installed it shows as "UNKNOWN" hardware becoz of which it cannot actually update with a relevant audio driver like realtek/m$. the apo driver after installation shows that the device cannot start becoz of probelms in registry. so is it supposed to show as 'unknown' hardware in device manager?View attachment 100181View attachment 100182View attachment 100183View attachment 100184

Not using "Add Hardware Wizard", double click the existing High Definition Audio Device & Update the driver

Attachments

• Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
So your saying if i do this ownership thing. The fx configurator mod should work with the official realtek driver. Also when trying to install apo to official driver from device manager, should i right click and update with the mod?
Just update from apo driver to the official Realtek WHQL driver, then use fx configurator

what is the difference between dolby atmos sound system desktop app and dolby atmos sound system UWP? Do they produce different sound? which one is better?

Just update from apo driver to the official Realtek WHQL driver, then use fx configurator
That's how it been doing it and using fx configurator and import the reg file and load the file and apply and restart audio services and then Dolby Atmos uwp app sound effect doesn't work.

That's how it been doing it and using fx configurator and import the reg file and load the file and apply and restart audio services and then Dolby Atmos uwp app sound effect doesn't work.
Use the latest version of FX Configurator

First test if the dolby apo is working
Load W10_Dolby_UWP_Render.ini Apply
On Realtek Panel Config to stereo first
Test

If test is ok,
Realtek Panel Config set 5.1 or 7.1
Edit C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Default.xml
ch_count="2" to ch_count="5" for 5.1 ch_count="7" for 7.1
restart DolbyDAXAPI Services
Test

Last edited:
System Name Custom Build
Processor Intel core i3 6100 at 3.7 GHZ
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2133Mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm
Display(s) Acer S220 HQL 21.5”
Case Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC 887
Power Supply Thermaltake Lite Power 500W
Mouse Cooler Master Devastator II Mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master Devastator II Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores NA
tried everything as suggested by you. didnt found any upperfilters reg key after the installation of realtek/M$ audio drivers. what seems to be causing the problem is probably lying inside the APO driver. once APO is installed it shows as "UNKNOWN" hardware becoz of which it cannot actually update with a relevant audio driver like realtek/m$. the apo driver after installation shows that the device cannot start becoz of probelms in registry. so is it supposed to show as 'unknown' hardware in device manager?View attachment 100181View attachment 100182View attachment 100183View attachment 100184
How many audio devices on ur system? If realtek is ur main one, u should install it on high definition audio device not on that unknown (what is device id?)

playstation_12000

FX Configurator auto take registry ownership when you click apply. Try RegOwnershipEx if don't work
https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.210

Not using "Add Hardware Wizard", double click the existing High Definition Audio Device & Update the driver
aah!!! thank you.finally with the right steps APO and update both got installed without any errors. but now as im trying to use dolby UWP the effects r not working. although I'm able to get effects from dts but not dolby. also when im trying to restart the dax service, it vanishes from the list of services menu..no dax api service present

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Hello everyone,
It is possible open the RtkNGUI64.exe? I have Realtek ALC883 and I can´t open it, ONLY RAVCpl64.exe

Use the latest version of FX Configurator

First test if the dolby apo is working
Load W10_Dolby_UWP_Render.ini Apply
On Realtek Panel Config to stereo first
Test

If test is ok,
Realtek Panel Config set 5.1 or 7.1
Edit C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Default.xml
ch_count="2" to ch_count="5" for 5.1 ch_count="7" for 7.1
restart DolbyDAXAPI Services
Test

it worked man, thank for your help, taking ownership the reg file and config worked.