• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alphacool Announces New Mining Products

The world-renowned company, Alphacool, now offers special mining solutions for industry and end customer use. In addition to mining the well-known crypto currencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, systems very similar are also increasingly being used in research, development and other areas. These systems generate a lot of heat due to the mass of components used in enclosed spaces. Now, Alphacool has met the demands from the industry and has created cost-effective water cooling solutions and systems. Starting with cases for e.g. server racks and full cover graphic card coolers up to complete mining systems including hardware and preinstalled software.

The products are all cost effective, particularly the graphics card coolers! Extremely low prices are possible which can compete, or even beat the prices of air cooling, without compromising on quality. For even more reliability, there are graphics card coolers with include an integrated pump. Since there are usually several GPUs in a circuit, if one pump does fail, the other pumps can easily keep the liquid flowing ensuring that the system stays cool.

Alphacool 19" Server Mining Rack
The Alphacool Mining Rack for 19" Server Enclosures is a dedicated water cooling optimized mining rack. Special mounting options have been integrated for the world renowned Alphacool NexXxoS full copper radiator series.
With two 360 mm XT45 full copper NexXxoS radiators, a maximum ambient GPU temperature of 52°C was determined at an ambient temperature of 30°C and 8 Nvidia GTX 1070 mining graphics cards.
  • Liquid cooling ready
  • Space for up to two 360 mm NexXxuS full copper radiators
  • Suitable for all 19" server enclosures
  • Versions for 8, 9 or 12 mining GPUs
  • Higher life and performance through more effective cooling
  • Ideal for mining blockchain

Alphacool Mining Rig 12
The Alphacool Mining Rig 12 is the ideal foundation for your mining hardware. Of course, it also offers the option of installing a water cooling system. For this purpose, there are mounting options for up to six Alphacool NexXxoS 360 mm full copper radiators and of course for a whole range of fans. With space for up to 2 Mining Motherboards and 4 power supplies, the system can be configured extensively. To get enough GPU power, it is possible to securely mount up to 12 graphics cards in the case. With up to 3 of these mining rigs stacked and bolted together, you have room for up to 36 mining GPUs.

Alphacool GPX Mining GPU cooler
The Alphacool GPX Mining GPU cooler is the cheapest option Alphacool offers. With a purchase quantity of approx. 2000 pieces, we can offer a price from 30 USD per piece. You do not have to compromise on quality or performance. On the contrary, the GPU coolers are manufactured to the latest technical standards.
  • Compact design
  • Quick-release connectors for easy replacement when needed
  • Large cooling surface for all relevant components
  • Easily customizable to your mining GPUs
  • Solutions for Nividia and AMD
  • High clock speeds thanks to high cooling capacity
  • Use in a hot water cycle is also possible

Alphacool GPX-Pro Mining Cooler
The Alphacool GPX-Pro Mining Cooler offers all the advantages of the normal GPX cooler but comes with a pre-assembled pump. The pump used is based on the well-known Alphacool DC-LT pump, which is used in many OEM and proprietary products. By using this cooler on several Mining GPUs, a redundant system with a very high reliability can be built. An additional pump is unnecessary.
  • Integrated DC-LT pump
  • Setup of a redundant system is possible
  • Easily customizable to most graphics cards
  • Large cooling surface for all important components
  • Quick-release connectors for easy maintenance
  • Solution for AMD and Nvidia are available
  • High clock speeds thanks to high cooling capacitiy

Mining PC
No matter which of the cryptocurrencies you would like to mine, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero or Zcash; with our specially adapted and performance-optimized mining PCs you will always be on the right track.
All our Mining PCs are liquid cooled to ensure a long service life and high clock rates. This is especially important for the mass of graphics cards used, which are constantly subjected to maximum load. Our specially adapted graphics card liquid coolers offer optimal cooling. As a result, maximum clock rates can be maintained permanently, which of course can increase your hash rate efficiently.

An example configuration with 8 Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5X special mining GPUs with a Celeron CPU with 4GB of RAM and a 64GB SSD gave Ethereum a whopping 320 MH / s (+/- 5%) and Zcash 4800 Sol / s (+/- 5%). This equates to a hash rate of 40 MH / s (+/- 5%) per Nvidia GTX 1070. For comparison, a normal retail Nvidia GTX 1070 typically achieves hash rates of 26-30 MH / s and a retail GTX 1080Ti usually manages 30 -35 MH / s.

The costs of our special mining watercoolers are at a similar price range to air cooling. You can use the same hardware with water cooling and gain a performance increase of about 10-15%.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Aggressively priced(if ordered in bulk), but it seems to me they don't understand their demographic. I can see this as a thing with hobby miners, but not the people buying cards by the pallet.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
Aggressively priced(if ordered in bulk), but it seems to me they don't understand their demographic. I can see this as a thing with hobby miners, but not the people buying cards by the pallet.

I don't know. Some of the big farms spend an awful lot on Aircon. Switching to water would provide a way to get the heat out of the building and not cost the earth.

I don't know. Some of the big farms spend an awful lot on Aircon. Switching to water would provide a way to get the heat out of the building and not cost the earth.
I don't order by the pallet so I can't speak from experience, but it was my understanding that the whole idea was to minimize overhead and maintenance of hundreds if not thousands of cards. You still need to get airflow for the passively cooled VRMs, any hardware components that don't have a block on it, and still need a way to dump heat out room that comes out of the radiators. Seems like extra steps, maintenance, and labor for no good reason. Maybe a large GPU miner might shed some light on this but I don't think that's going to happen since people seem eager to put their heads on a pike.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
This seems impressively poorly timed, with the reported major drop-off in mining GPU demand and all that. Oh well.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
I don't order by the pallet so I can't speak from experience, but it was my understanding that the whole idea was to minimize overhead and maintenance of hundreds if not thousands of cards. You still need to get airflow for the passively cooled VRMs, any hardware components that don't have a block on it, and still need a way to dump heat out room that comes out of the radiators. Seems like extra steps, maintenance, and labor for no good reason. Maybe a large GPU miner might shed some light on this but I don't think that's going to happen since people seem eager to put their heads on a pike.

I'd be interested to see how they do the VRM and RAM cooling on it. My instincts tell me that it'd come with thermal pads to ensure they are cooled properly.
I think you are right about there being issues with complexity though, setting up that much water cooling, it'd only take 1 leak to take down a whole rack and everything below it.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
This seems impressively poorly timed, with the reported major drop-off in mining GPU demand and all that. Oh well.

A way of getting rid of old products