• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Widespread Cheating in Multiplayer Online Games Frustrates Consumers

More than half (60%) of gamers have had their multiplayer gaming experience negatively impacted by other players cheating on multiple occasions, according to new research by Irdeto. The Irdeto Global Gaming Survey of 9,436 consumers also indicates that these online gamers will purchase less in-game content and even stop playing the game in question, if they feel that other players are gaining an unfair advantage through cheating. Cheating in these games often involves manipulating and distorting data or code to gain an advantage over others or bypass in-game transactions.

Of the consumers surveyed online across six different countries, including China, Germany, Japan, South Korea, UK and US, 77% of online gamers are likely to stop playing a multiplayer game online if they think other players are cheating and 48% of online gamers are likely to buy less in-game content as a result. This suggests a massive impact on the revenues of game publishers if they do not adequately protect multiplayer online games from cheating.

Surprisingly, the survey also found that only 12% of online gamers who play multiplayer games have never had their multiplayer gaming experience negatively impacted by other players cheating, while 8% said that it was always impacted. Millennials are most aware of the impact of cheating, with 12% of 18 to 24-year-olds globally stating their experience is always negatively impacted and only 7% of this age group who play multiplayer games stating that they are never impacted by other players cheating. It is therefore unsurprising that the survey also found that 76% of online gamers felt that it was important that multiplayer games online are secured against other players gaining an unfair advantage through cheating.

"These results clearly indicate that cheating in multiplayer online games is a growing problem. Furthermore, the global nature of these games means that it doesn't matter where the cheating is taking place, as it has the potential to negatively impact other gamers around the world, and this sets a big challenge for game publishers," said Reinhard Blaukovitsch, Managing Director of Denuvo, Irdeto.

"If cheaters are allowed to prosper, the impact on other players can subsequently lead to lower game traffic and shrinking revenues," added Elmar Fischer, Sales Director of Denuvo, Irdeto. "It is therefore crucial for game publishers to secure their games against cheating to ensure a great experience for gamers all over the world who want to play by the rules."

Despite the negative experiences that many gamers are having and the subsequent impact on the industry, cheating is still rife in multiplayer online games. The survey indicates that some gamers place their own experience and desire to win above all else. While 57% of gamers globally stated they have never used third-party tools to cheat in multiplayer games online, a substantial proportion of 12% admitted to being cheaters: regularly taking action including modifying game files and/or using hardware tools to cheat. This suggests that there appears to be an 'if you can't beat them, join them' attitude among some gamers who will take action to fight back against cheaters, even if that means cheating themselves.

"Gamers across the globe clearly feel that they are not being sufficiently protected against cheating and malicious plugins. This leads to a vicious cycle where one in eight gamers feel forced to cheat." said Rory O'Connor, Senior Vice President of Cybersecurity Services, Irdeto. "Game publishers should implement security strategies which prevent hackers in multiplayer games from manipulating and distorting data or code to gain an advantage over other gamers or bypass in-game transactions. The brands that put the protections in place that gamers want will surely prevail in an increasingly competitive online gaming sector."

Cheating on gaming platforms can distort virtual in-game economies and can be used to manipulate or bypass in-game micro-transactions. Denuvo's anti-cheat technology prevents hackers in multiplayer games from manipulating and distorting data and code to gain an advantage over other gamers or bypass in-game micro-transactions. This prevents dilution of the value of the game for the user and the game studio.

Click here to download the full report on the survey results: https://resources.irdeto.com/irdeto-global-gaming-survey

Methodology
The survey was commissioned by Irdeto and conducted online from February 27, 2018 to March 14, 2018 by YouGov Plc. with 9,436 adults (aged 18+), of which 5911 were gamers, in six countries. The countries surveyed were: China, Germany, Japan, South Korea, UK and US. Figures have been weighted appropriately to be representative of adults in each country (e.g. nationally representative, urban representative, or online representative). The overall 'global' figures have been given an even weighting for each country to produce an 'average' value.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
And then you have Dell, proudly promoting cheating in PUBG... As long as you buy their products...

On topic, I avoid multiplayer games most of the time because of this. And also because of jack*sses that shoot you to smithereens even if you're on the same team...

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Why I stopped playing MP somewhere around BF3...don’t miss it at all. Give me a good Co-op and I’m happy. FC5 has been fun as was GR Wildlands

System Name Karl Arsch v. u. z. Abgewischt
Processor i5 3770K @5GHz delided
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Professional
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
Memory 4x 4GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Storage Samsung 830 - 512GB; 2x 2TB WD Blue
Display(s) Samsung T240 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Shinobie XL
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Cougar G600
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard CMStorm Ultimate QuickFire (CherryMX Brown)
Software Win7 Pro 64bit
And then we have a big amount of the playerbase, that can't accept that someone might be better or just not as inept as they are ... --->>> therefore everyone above a certain winrate is a cheater.

D

Deleted member 67555

I have quit playing CoD mp because of cheating and super awful p2p lag issues...
I'd actually say bad game lobbies account for 90% of what people think Is cheating

Me too I stopped playing competitive games because of hacking and bad behaviors (except sometimes CSGO with their "Prime" matchmaking which is, surprisingly safe).

I prefer games like Killing Floor 2, Dying Light, Vermintide, Trine, etc...

I find communities from coop games alot more friendly and fun. It's sure that competitive gaming is a more serious mindset so it's not appealing to me anymore as I don't have as much time as in the past to play video games so when I do, it's to evade my everyday life bullshit and have a good fun and laugh with strangers.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
And then we have a big amount of the playerbase, that can't accept that someone might be better or just not as inept as they are ... --->>> therefore everyone above a certain winrate is a cheater.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I've never bothered to cheat in online games, just not my thing.

Back when CS original released my college roommate and I could coordinate our movements/attacks and call out positions on the fly since we sat next to each other. We literally dominated most games we played. We were accused of wall hacks and using aim bots left and right. We got banned from a lot of clan servers and constantly kicked from matches because of it.

Playing PUBG, it sucked being taken down at the start of a game by someone that's a few hundred yards out with an uzi headshot or that guy that you sneak up on and from about 20 yards out he just instantly jumps, spins in mid air and shoots you in the head and proceeds to jump and shoot everyone else on my team in the head. Then you get those that speed hack and as soon as you hit the ground someone has ran by and jump punched you and everyone else on your team within the first 10 seconds of hitting the ground...... The game got to a point where about every 1 out of 3 of the games I played there were clear cheaters/hackers and it just flat out sucked to play. I haven't played the game in 8+ months now and maybe it's improved? I'm not willing to get it another chance though. Thankfully I was gifted the game and I didn't waste my money on it.

I'm much more content with just playing co-op with a couple of people in games such as Dying Light or Rainbow Six Siege or Ghost Recon Wildlands. I don't care much for actual online multiplayer gameplay these days.

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
They cheating whit there 144 Hz displays and hig end pc online is not fair.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
They cheating whit there 144 Hz displays and hig end pc online is not fair.
Please, go away with that nonsense. Just because you have a potato doesn’t mean I’m cheating... :kookoo:

D

Deleted member 67555

I like these people that jump off buildings and spin as they fall shooting everyone in the head even those behind stuff and claim that they are just that good and they are pro...

I think if the game is overrun with cheaters within 30 days you should be able to get a refund.

I bet that would stop a majority of it within 90 days.

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
and even stop playing the game in question, if they feel that other players are gaining an unfair advantage through cheating.
Or the game has blatant pay-to-win mechanics....oh wait, that isn't the point of this study, right. :D

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Please, go away with that nonsense. Just because you have a potato doesn’t mean I’m cheating... :kookoo:
no game makers make drm locked shit, unopimized games.whit lots of bugs and slow speed whit overpriced prices. i5 only makes 10 fps more. whit programms who stops on secon while amd always smoth.

This is the reason why I was forced to buy a console to play some unplayable games on PC online. Meanwhile having a blast with god of war and horizon zero dawn, can´t wait for red dead redemption 2 and spiderman aswell. At the same time gpu prices and ram prices are too high so yeah. My PC is an indie/retro/rts and work machine. Congrats miners and hackers. Hi Sony.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I have quit playing CoD mp because of cheating and super awful p2p lag issues...
I'd actually say bad game lobbies account for 90% of what people think Is cheating

While cheating has existed since the first CoD game. Infinityward/activision destroying the core game and taking out things like servers, server admins/mods, punkbuster compatibility and the option to vote kick hackers and griefers out of their games was one of the worst things that could ever happen to CoD.

taking away the ability to kick or ban hackers/griefers is just Activisions way of telling the CoD Player base to bend over and just accept it when technically, it was never acceptable to begin with....

If the earlier CoD games had these options. Why take them away?? Its just dumb

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
no game makers make drm locked shit, unopimized games.whit lots of bugs and slow speed whit overpriced prices. i5 only makes 10 fps more. whit programms who stops on secon while amd always smoth.
Again more nonsense. I don’t have any issues playing the literally hundreds of games I own on every platform. Not too mention none of your nonsense has anything to do with cheating. Just stop or stay on topic
Edit: Sorry Far Cry 5 crashed once on me yesterday after an update. I rebooted and it’s never happened again. Terrible games! /s :rolleyes:

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I quit online mp with BF4. The cheating was insane in team DM. EA made it worse with the free trial/hours thing back then.

I did accomplish getting ranked 15th in tdm in the world.This was playing with the dirtiest players you can imagine.

A singleplayer farcry 4/5 good enough for me.

booo, hooo

I thought going from games you own on a retail disk to steam ,uplay and origin was to stop all this ?? if anything it got worse cause no one wants there malware clients on there hard drives . no outher reason but data collection and all and in the end you don't even own the game unless they allow you to ' use'' it like a rental

you willing agree to stuff as this '' For reasons that include, without limitation ''' system security ?? [ keep it . i'll pass don't need to game that bad ]

''
you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.

For reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Content and Services and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Content and Services may change over time. You consent to such automatic updating

all on and for YOUR end of things , but funny there not controlling this at there end on THERE servers ? hmmm....

now you don't hold the full game you still got this crap and the rest that you really could more avoid when you got real PC games on a retail disk . thing is you set up your own server and when you get a guy cheating or what ever you cut him off and out at your end

these steam uplay and origin way of getting and using games is for chumps and caters to the X-box babysitter generation . best laugh is a guy with the ''I cant play my game cause steams server is down '' really I can play my good old real pc games on the retail disks all I want when I want not have to rely on 3ed parts to do so .. or even deal with any cheater

ya . I'd pay 100 bucks for a real PC game fully on the disk as it use to be not turn control of my gaming and computer over to whoever 3ed party as you do now . and then this issue is worse then ever cause its all now out of your control un li9ke the good ol days of real PC gaming

folks like the developers and the likes of steam see you coming a mile away .. good thing I'm a old gamer and got more then plenty of games on retail disk that don't require 3ed party or there content or any internet connection to load and play at any time

only way they can affect my gaming is to come here uninstall it and take the game disk and break it to unreadable/ useable .. it mine 100% . man pc gaming and all thia steam crap is playing you like chumps + you still pay them to do it on top of that ..

ya, bring your cheating to my server and see how easy I just ban you from here . why cant steam , origin and uplay do that or something ? OH that's right too busy collecting your data and making changes to your [I mean now its there] computer . ''WITH OUT LIMITAION'' ...lol....

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
is in human nature to be behave like this

in 1513 Niccolo Machiavelli wrote "il fine giustifica i mezzi" = "the end justify the means"

cheating in gaming is a little kid compared how the above is implemented in our society - politics, business, war etc... is everywhere but we fail to notice...

so i give a shit about game cheaters as they don't influence my life

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
I like these people that jump off buildings and spin as they fall shooting everyone in the head even those behind stuff and claim that they are just that good and they are pro

Nothing like a sniper spinnin' like a top in TF2!

D

Deleted member 67555

While cheating has existed since the first CoD game. Infinityward/activision destroying the core game and taking out things like servers, server admins/mods, punkbuster compatibility and the option to vote kick hackers and griefers out of their games was one of the worst things that could ever happen to CoD.

taking away the ability to kick or ban hackers/griefers is just Activisions way of telling the CoD Player base to bend over and just accept it when technically, it was never acceptable to begin with....

If the earlier CoD games had these options. Why take them away?? Its just dumb
Thanks buddy!
I wanted to post that exact rant...
Punk Buster got overwhelmed...quick... They needed more resources.
Actual dedicated game servers... It was the Pinnacle of PC gaming... "Was"

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Thanks buddy!
I wanted to post that exact rant...
Punk Buster got overwhelmed...quick... They needed more resources.
Actual dedicated game servers... It was the Pinnacle of PC gaming... "Was"

I played a shit tonne of the earlier CoD games when they had dedicated servers and stopped buying CoD when they took that all away with MW2. I was like a diehard CoD fan lol. Id come home at almost 9am after a 12hr shift and id have a cup of tea, a sandwich and play some CoD for an hour or two before getting too sleepy to carry on.

Absolutely loved that franchise till they decided to take a mallet and smack it on the head a few times before making it available on consoles.... MW2 was the day CoD really died.

Widespread Cheating in Multiplayer Online Games Frustrates Consumers
It does more than frustrate us, it is one of the main reasons some of us refuse to play games online at all.

Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit
yet another overlooked crippling factor to games as a service model

System Name Marmo / Kanon
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi / X570S Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S x 2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2666-C16 / 32GB 3200-C16
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX3070 Ti / Asus TUF RX 6800XT OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, 860 EVO 1TB / Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 970 EVO+ 1TB
Display(s) Dell AW2521HFA / U2715H
Case Fractal Design Focus G / Pop Air RGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Creative SB ZxR
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus GX 650W / PX 750W
Mouse Logitech MX310 / G1
Keyboard Logitech G413 / G513
Software Win 11 Ent
The only online multiplayer FPS game I play now is the good old DoD:Source. Luckily I still have a few active servers on my list hosted by some reputable gaming sites/clans. The game is so old that most hackers have moved on. The existing cheats have mostly been caught by Valve anti-cheats system, so the environment is relatively safe. I only run into 1 or 2 cheaters very occasionally.

As for PUBG I've only played it for a couple of hours on a friend's PC. There are so many cheaters around that I will never install this piece of cr*p on my gaming box.

Hi, I came from the future. Cheating, mining, ram prices and 120hz/mouse+keyboard/4k/FreeSync2 support on new consoles killed pc aaa gaming. Steam is a platform for new amateur devs release their games and ideas.