• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA XPG Launches INFAREX K20 Gaming Keyboard

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
ADATA Technology today unveiled the XPG INFAREX K20 gaming keyboard. Made for avid gamers, the keyboard sports a stylish black casing with mechanical blue switches, 50 g actuation force and backlit keys with 11 lighting effects for ultimate gaming functionality and flair. The INFAREX K20's keys are designed for longevity and durability with a lifespan of 50 million keystrokes, and feature anti-ghosting functionality to ensure commands and simultaneous keystrokes are always registered.

Feel Each Press with Great Tactile Feedback
Sporting mechanical blue switches, gamers will revel in the amazing tactile feedback provided with each keystroke. Ergonomic key caps combined with 50 g actuation force offer the user a satisfying tactile feel that also makes it easier for them to know that their inputs have registered. What's more, with anti-ghosting functionality users need not worry about signal conflicts when multiple keys are pressed simultaneously, or missed key inputs.

Create the Right Mood with 11 Lighting Effects
The INFAREX K20's backlit keys are equipped with 11 lighting effects that can be easily toggled with the dedicated Mode key. Furthermore, the speed of the lighting effects can be adjusted with two additional keys on either side of the Mode key, which means users can customize the lighting effect to create the desired atmosphere for whatever game they are playing, or mood they are in. For added usability, the INFAREX K20 features Media Keys that allow users to make quick adjustments to the sound volume, or other media parameters in the midst of a fierce battle, doing away with the need to open up other programs or apps.

Made Durable for Battle
Constant and intense gaming can take their toll on a keyboard quickly, so the INFAREX K20 is constructed to be durable and robust. Its keys are rated for 50 million keystrokes and the keyboard features an extremely durable cable that utilizes a reinforced braided design that makes it more resistant to fraying, tangling and breaking.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

This actually looks like a decent board.

'keyboard features an extremely durable cable that utilizes a reinforced braided design that makes it more resistant to fraying, tangling and breaking''

lol... that's what mine claimed [quickfire ultimate ] it was stiff thick but looked good and felt tough ended up the first thing to go replaced with a 4.99$ rubber coated amazon cable that's lasted years and made things more comfortable

I wonder if this boards hdmi plug sticks out the side like a sore thumb and not protected from being easy snapped off ?

looks protected from here but no gallery for photos ??

http://www.xpg.com/en/feature/550

like said above it is a nice looking board for sure

Last edited:
System Name Smooth-Operator
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16@CL14 DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+
Storage 2x4TB WD HGST 7K6 7200RPM 256MB
Display(s) Samsung S24E370DL 24" IPS Freesync 75Hz
Case Fractal Design Focus G Window Blue
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe x1
Power Supply Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
Software Windows 10 x64 Enterprise/Ubuntu Budgie amd64
I totally do not understand this trend for extremely high keys in keyboards. It is so bad microsoft doesn't make anymore digital media keyboard 3000, my fav one.

I totally do not understand this trend for extremely high keys in keyboards. It is so bad microsoft doesn't make anymore digital media keyboard 3000, my fav one.

one of my old best boards was a Microsoft multimedia . its kinda like logitec stuff that was back in the good ol' days

today it you buy then you try . and hope it don't make you cry

D

Deleted member 67555

I have this keyboard with a different label on it.... It's sold under lots of names but regardless of the name on it it sucks.

It's solid as they get but it's loud....
Very very loud...
It has a solid metal surface and when those blue switches click you get an echo..
If hearing keys click and echo louder than the game you're playing is something you can get over it's a great keyboard... Solid build and easy to change lighting effects..

Maybe once the keys break in..I dunno..I only managed to use it for one day before giving up...
When I say it's loud it's above conversation level loud...

I have this keyboard with a different label on it.... It's sold under lots of names but regardless of the name on it it sucks.

It's solid as they get but it's loud....
Very very loud...
It has a solid metal surface and when those blue switches click you get an echo..
If hearing keys click and echo louder than the game you're playing is something you can get over it's a great keyboard... Solid build and easy to change lighting effects..

Maybe once the keys break in..I dunno..I only managed to use it for one day before giving up...
When I say it's loud it's above conversation level loud...

ya, this coolermaster has the metal plate and brown switch . its click is pronounced . I figured one day to do the -o- rings , but that day never yet to come ..lol.../ lazy

I do like the weight the plate adds make it feel like you got something robust and don't easily slide around

one thing I would like to see is cherry come out with a low pro keys that is what I like most with a membrane keyboard . seems after all these years that would of been long done by now / more readily available on more items

https://www.cherrymx.de/en/low-profile-rgb.html

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
Looks good, I could use a BS button on my keyboard.

System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro

Not really high keycaps. Only seems like it is higher, cause these do not sit in a "bay" compared to more traditional keyboards and the caps / switches are not "walled" around.

???? maybe when them cherry lo pro's come out and I need a keyboard i'll give them a try . its not like I'm the greatest typer anyway with my club fingers . I got a old hp prebuilt keyboard that's got I assume the scissor spring [??] keys [ HP 5187-0341 - rev 1.10 ] . funny thing is I like its feel better then these cherry's . sad thing is when these keyboards fail that old hp is still ready to go built like a tank . it got the tactical feel on like 14 years uf use the keycaps are not worn , ect.... still about as good as it was new

now thinking about it I don't get why I buy these latest / new keyboards ? , but I do . I guess that LED lighting is after all is a strong selling point ..lol....

D

Deleted member 67555

I think TPU just did a review of a keyboard with mechanical chiclet keys....
I think the Razer Chroma RGB is short stroke mechanical switch as well

in the end with anything its down to if its comfortable and appeals to you for your usage and if it works and lasts as expected or it don't and your back to newegg

D

Deleted member 67555

in the end with anything its down to if its comfortable and appeals to you for your usage and if it works and lasts as expected or it don't and your back to newegg
Right.. Like this keyboard... It's military grade durable and it's nice and small... But the sound... Problem for me but a lot of people enjoy it.