• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Ends Controversial GeForce Partner Program (GPP)

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Dell said NO, HP said NO, so i'm pretty sure that ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE and i don't know who else... , could also have said NO and combined ,altogether, they could go nVidia to courts if they feel that nVidia threatens them with illegal practices !!!

You clearly do not understand the relationship between what products these companies make and how the market share of companies like AMD/Nvidia affects that. Or you are simply very naive to think it's that simple.

Dell and HP isn't selling stand alone video cards like ASUS , MSI ,etc do. In addition to that in case you haven't noticed AMD has only recently reemerged as a dedicated GPU provider for mobile products , their market share in that area is minuscule at the moment and that makes up a big portion of the products Dell and HP sell to mainstream consumer. (it should be obvious to anyone by now that GPP was only relevant to that segment)

In other words , standalone products from AMD do not make up a significant portion of their portfolio. GPP meant jack shit to them as it didn't really affect their operations in any significant way , companies never make deals like these if it don't benefit them in any way.

Meanwhile companies like ASUS , MSI , GIGABYTE sell millions of video cards to mainstream consumers that rely exclusively on products from AMD/Nvidia. Nvidia currently has more than twice the market share in that segment, they would have never refused a program like GPP because it could have endangered the relationship between them and their biggest provider of GPUs. It would have been enough for just one AIB to sign a deal with Nvidia and it would have screwed everyone else big time , that's why all of them agreed to it. It was an attempt to fearmonger AIBs into being part of this program by leveraging their market share which is vital to their business.

Last edited:
System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism (BOX-cooler)
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair Desktop RAM Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Red
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 510 1TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Case Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Software Windows10 64bit
In other words: Dell and HP were in a drastically different position in "negotiating" (as if this was a negotiation - accepting or declining a contract is not a negotiation) this with Nvidia. AIB partners are pretty much entirely dependent on their parts suppliers, especially in a two-supplier market like GPUs. They could always shop around for DRAM or VRM components, but you're not getting a GPU to sell without working with either Nvidia or AMD - and Nvidia has ~80% of the market, and thus a lot of power. AIB partners are the PC industry's version of tenant farmers, left entirely to the whims of their "landlords". The relation of power here is massively skewed towards the supplier side, and pretending it isn't doesn't help anyone.

I like the fact that you have analyzed your thoughts and i appreciate that:).
I want to emphasize on very few things :

-I've said it in the past:
a)We don't have any documents regarding this deal and b)Even if we had, personally, i'm not a lawyer in order to be able to conclude if this deal is inside or outside the legal boundaries (*usually these kind of deals are borderline-legal/illegal, so only someone with expertise on the field could give a relatively accurate info, and this, ONLY if he had the documents , which in this case..... he hasn't!!!
So can you see what Kyle has done here? he flamed an entire community in a matter for which very few people have the expertise to judge properly, and even if they could, they don't have the means (*documents) in order to do it properly!! Based on what we have, all we can do here is .............speculating and flaming !!!
Well personally, i don't like these kind of "games" AT ALL that's why i'm reacting this way.
Just like lot of people take Kyle's word on this matter, i can take another one's word as well:
Elric's for instance, who has said that in all his years of reviewing, ONLY AMD has dictated him how to do his reviews. Or steve , who assumed/speculated that AMD during the mine-inflation has deliberately reduced RX VEGA quantities, prioritizing the much more expensive Frontier Editionin order to maximize their profits on the expense of ....guess who.... US CONSUMERS !!!
No need to tell you how much these kind of tactics can damage my "consumer choices" , which Kyle cares so much to protect !! But nevertheless, i can't remember him (* if anyone remembers differently he can enlighten me) searching any of these matters that i mentioned.
So, myself, as a consumer, when i see titles such as "GeForce Partner Program Impacts Consumer Choice" , then i expect from the person who says something like that to protect my "consumer choices" in general, not only at a fraction of his choice !!!

-I'm a person who i like to offset my lack of legal knowledge on this matter, with the use of my logic:
So, since Dell & HP as you said, are ""in a drastically different position in "negotiating" this with Nvidia"" , then IF this agreement has any illegal terms inside, then Dell & HP wouldn't have any serious problems to drag nVidia to courts right ? Since it's such an "obvious case" as it is claimed from the community, then what's stopping them? You said that the AIB's are dependent to nVidia, so what about those who are NOT dependent?? :confused:
P.S. And i'll say it once more, AMD has done in the past against Intel, and nVidia has also went to courts in the past, again, against Intel....

You clearly do not understand the relationship between what products these companies make and how the market share of companies like AMD/Nvidia affects that. Or you are simply very naive to think it's that simple.

Dell and HP isn't selling stand alone video cards like ASUS , MSI ,etc do. In addition to that in case you haven't noticed AMD has only recently reemerged as a dedicated GPU provider for mobile products , their market share in that area is minuscule at the moment and that makes up a big portion of the products Dell and HP sell to mainstream consumer. (it should be obvious to anyone by now that GPP was only relevant to that segment)

In other words , standalone products from AMD do not make up a significant portion of their portfolio. GPP meant jack shit to them as it didn't really affect their operations in any significant way , companies never make deals like these if it don't benefit them in any way.

Meanwhile companies like ASUS , MSI , GIGABYTE sell millions of video cards to mainstream consumers that rely exclusively on products from AMD/Nvidia. Nvidia currently has more than twice the market share in that segment, they would have never refused a program like GPP because it could have endangered the relationship between them and their biggest provider of GPUs. It would have been enough for just one AIB to sign a deal with Nvidia and it would have screwed everyone else big time , that's why all of them agreed to it. It was an attempt to fearmonger AIBs into being part of this program by leveraging their market share which is vital to their business.

I just noticed your post: My answer to what you say is the same i gave to @Valantar :
So, since Dell & HP as you said, are ""in a drastically different position in "negotiating" this with Nvidia"" , then IF this agreement has any illegal terms inside, then Dell & HP wouldn't have any serious problems to drag nVidia to courts right ? Since it's such an "obvious case" as it is claimed from the community, then what's stopping them? You said that the AIB's are dependent to nVidia, so what about those who are NOT dependent??

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The ignorance within the past number of pages is staggering. Can you guys not see a burning house when its on fire? There are certain individuals here that keep pretending the house can still be lived in even though Nvidia already took the wrecking ball to it themselves. And they are somehow also convinced that Nvidia axed their own idea because 'it was fair business'... Or the final escape: 'but others do it too'... Whataboutism at its finest.

Seriously, you must be voluntarily blind if you cannot see what went on here, why it failed and why people stood up against it. I'm not even going to try and reason with that stance... its just too far off reality to even bother. There is a significant chance that some EU anti trust issue came up and Nvidia got pushed into this decision.

To all those who recognize themselves in my post, read up a bit and learn something

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law

/thread

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
NVIDIA likely only had records of who signed the GPP contract. The contract excludes the verbal language MDF, tier support, and so on that could be used against them. These not-so-legal facets of GPP were conveyed verbally, not in writing. You're asking for documents NVIDIA purposefully did not produce. Do you honestly think the mafia had contracts with rackets that spelled out they were doing bootlegging, distilling, prostitution, and gambling on the premise? Contracts are only useful for taking someone to court. Intel/NVIDIA/mafia can freely constrict supply without any contracts, hurting the intended party gravely.

No need for a contract except to use NVIDIA's brands. You know, so an angry AIB doesn't make a GeForce Potato.

Last edited:

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Question: will ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte stop using their "alternative" brand names and go back to the brands they were using before?

If the answer is no, then GPP is still in effect, in the sense that AMD will still be "barred" from established brand name(s), assuming the manufacturers don't stop selling the "alternative" brands.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Question: will ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte stop using their "alternative" brand names and go back to the brands they were using before?

If the answer is no, then GPP is still in effect, in the sense that AMD will still be "barred" from established brand name(s), assuming the manufacturers don't stop selling the "alternative" brands.

Asus already put AMD product back under ROG so yes.

System Name Good enough
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
My answer to what you say is the same i gave to @Valantar :

I just explained why they have no interest on this matter. Why the hell would they take them to court ? Your answer is devoid of any meaning whatsoever.

You basically refuse to understand that GPP was aimed at specific segment and the companies associated with it and not at the industry as a whole. And that's why not everyone responded in the same way or would be willing to forward a legal case.

Last edited:
System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
I just explained why they have no interest on this matter. Why the hell would they take them to court ? You answer is void of any meaning whatsoever.

You basically refuse to understand that GPP was aimed at specific segment and the companies associated with it and not at the industry as a whole.

You are obviously the one refusing to understand!!
If you check recent videos, you'll see that Nvidia's goal with this project was mostly focused towards the laptop industry, not the desktop, so Dell and HP were certainly among the aimed companies.
Also,..... "they have no interest on this matter" ??? !! nVidia has threatened them with a deal which according to lot of you guys is surely illegal, and they have NO INTEREST ON THE MATTER ?? !!!:eek: What more a company must do in order to gain someone's interest IF what has been said here is accurate??:p

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
If you check recent videos, you'll see that Nvidia's goal with this project was mostly focused towards the laptop industry

You mean this ?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Where...Partner-Program-may-be-to-blame.300748.0.html

Funny you bring that up because up until now you have been very akin to point out how someone like Kyle had "no documents" to provide "accurate and reliable information". Yet you take as fact information provided by some unspecified sources with regards to a single instance of one single product which might have been , supposedly , affected by GPP.

I also find it interesting how you claim very confidently that this was Nvidia's plan all along , based on ... what? What "documents and accurate information" do you have ?

Last edited:
System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
I would wager it had more to do with how much bad press they received when they did the backdoor deals with Intel.

Actually as a consumer of a free market I can judge a company on whatever practices and belief system I feel. This is not a government owned and operated company inside of a communist country. I don't have to do anything with it.

All the court decides is if there is a penance that nvidia must pay for whatever shenanigans they pull. I as a consumer have every right under the sun to just not buy their products.
That and knowing that Nvidia likely can't afford to ignore them (Dell or HP) for long if at all is my guess. I'm glad they chucked GPP under the bus in any case.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
Funny you bring that up because up until now you have been very akin to point out how someone like Kyle had "no documents" to provide "accurate and reliable information". Yet you take as fact information provided by some unspecified sources with regards to a single instance of one single product which might have been , supposedly , affected by GPP.

I've already answered to what you say :
this is my way to react on what i'm reading, i didn't started this, i'm just reacting using my logic. Anyway, at my post #102 i already explained :
Just like lot of people take Kyle's word on this matter, i can take another one's word as well:
Elric's for instance, who has said that in all his years of reviewing, ONLY AMD has dictated him how to do his reviews. Or steve , who assumed/speculated that AMD during the mine-inflation has deliberately reduced RX VEGA quantities, prioritizing the much more expensive Frontier Editionin order to maximize their profits on the expense of ....guess who.... US CONSUMERS !!!

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
o Nvidias asks AIBs to use Super Alloy Power III and Military Class 5 exclusively for Geforce. HJW will riot.
I didn't say exclusively ... they can't ask anything exclusively, that would be controling the relation of their aib partner and their competition.
They can however ask certain level of production quality to get into the program, that's what I meant.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I've already answered to what you say :
this is my way to react on what i'm reading, i didn't started this, i'm just reacting using my logic. Anyway, at my post #102 i already explained :

You keep saying that and I will point out how it bears no meaning yet again.

Facts with regards to market share , product segments and existing dependencies between these companies are way more concrete and relevant that whatever constitutes your "logic".

Take a good look again at the video you posted of Gamer Nexus , notice how he's pointing out a "disclaimer" that he is not against Nvidia in it's entirety. Why do you think he does that ? Because all these reviewers are more or less at the mercy of how these companies perceive them , their business relies on that , it's a form of censorship.

I mostly do not care at all about what they have to say on these sorts of matters because I know that more often than not their opinions are constrained by that. The fact that you arbitrarily chose to listen only to a specific group of people , even though they are also basing their opinions on unspecified/unverified source tells me that you don't have any real argument to back up your claims.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
this thread shall be locked as become annoying to read same thing posted several times; if if if if if ....

there is no if anymore (won't point to who... let him use his logic) why ? because they ended gpp in the way they do it.

they wouldn't runaway so fast from it if all was so legal & pro-consumer; i don't need any other proof (using my stupid logic) ; they stirred up the shit and don't know how to get rid of the flies now

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I didn't say exclusively ... they can't ask anything exclusively, that would be controling the relation of their aib partner and their competition.
They can however ask certain level of production quality to get into the program, that's what I meant.

They said AIBs had to use branding exclusively? They essentially were requiring the AIB to use all of the "quality branding" only on nvidia products.

They also have long since required a level of production quality for GPU's. Every single design and bios has to meet nvidia qc nonsense. Remember these are the same wonderful people that wouldn't let AIB's sell an overclocked version of the 1070ti.

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
They said AIBs had to use branding exclusively?
Their GPP request was all about exclusivity. My comment was reply to assumption that QC requirements could be made similarly exclusive: as in best pcb components only for nvidia, which would be even more anti-competitive
They also have long since required a level of production quality for GPU's. Every single design and bios has to meet nvidia qc nonsense.
That's why I gave it as an example of non-anticompetitive requirement ... don't know how nonsensical their QC is, but in general these things are good for all customers
Remember these are the same wonderful people that wouldn't let AIB's sell an overclocked version of the 1070ti.
Yeah, it sucks when it comes to product stack differentiation

Last edited:

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
Maybe Nvidia is not a fan of AMD motherboards naming schemes and tried to make a point preemptively.

.... Are you for real? That makes no sense! I assume you are trolling or at least being sarcastic :)

I have made my decision a couple of months ago. Never buy NVIDIA Video Cards ever again. They are greedy bastards who would go to enourmous lengths to sell their overpriced Silicon to the dumb masses. I sold my two Zotacs 1080 watercooled Edition, and replaced them with two VEGA watercooled frontier Edition. Dont care about Performance difference. Dont care about Money.
But i do care about penalizing NVIDIA for their bullshit.
They wont ever see a dime from me again. The consumers have the power, the power of the Money they spend. Spending Money on Nvidia will only ensure they Keep on playing their dirty games again. Remeber, the power is in our pocket. We have the power to bankrupt the thieves (Nvidia). Simple. Dont buy from them again.

And this Geforce program is just a smal example. Look in the history.

Same with Intel. They sit on their arses for the past 10 years and offered only incremental Upgrades to milk to fools.
Switched to Epyc platform. No thanks Intel.

I wait for the fanboys to tell there wasn't any problem with the GPP. Meh.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I wait for the fanboys to tell there wasn't any problem with the GPP. Meh.
maybe read the thread?

I have made my decision a couple of months ago. Never buy NVIDIA Video Cards ever again. They are greedy bastards who would go to enourmous lengths to sell their overpriced Silicon to the dumb masses. I sold my two Zotacs 1080 watercooled Edition, and replaced them with two VEGA watercooled frontier Edition. Dont care about Performance difference. Dont care about Money.
But i do care about penalizing NVIDIA for their bullshit.
They wont ever see a dime from me again. The consumers have the power, the power of the Money they spend. Spending Money on Nvidia will only ensure they Keep on playing their dirty games again. Remeber, the power is in our pocket. We have the power to bankrupt the thieves (Nvidia). Simple. Dont buy from them again.

And this Geforce program is just a smal example. Look in the history.

Same with Intel. They sit on their arses for the past 10 years and offered only incremental Upgrades to milk to fools.
Switched to Epyc platform. No thanks Intel.
"Vote with your wallet" is always the best way to make your point.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Why should the AIBs be forced to create an entirely new brand name for nVidia versus AMD cards?

Really nVidia? Do you really take us for fools?

We can CLEARLY see that this is an nVidia card.
View attachment 100661

And we can also CLEARLY see that this is not an nVidia card.
View attachment 100662

So nVidia, by saying this...

I can't help but to feel like you are insulting our intelligence here.

Note: Images were modified to make certain parts stand out.
I suppose Nvidia is targeting the red-green colorblind and also illiterate market?

I also love how my posts in this thread apparently have made me an "Nvidia Expert" according to the forums. Can't quite say I deserve that, considering I've never bought or actively used an Nvidia GPU (aside from some ancient Geforce in the ... early 2000s or so, before I knew what a GPU was - no, I didn't buy that). My GF's video editing rig has a GTX 970 in it, though, but I got that for free off my brother.

a)We don't have any documents regarding this deal and b)Even if we had, personally, i'm not a lawyer in order to be able to conclude if this deal is inside or outside the legal boundaries (*usually these kind of deals are borderline-legal/illegal, so only someone with expertise on the field could give a relatively accurate info, and this, ONLY if he had the documents , which in this case..... he hasn't!!!
As reported, these documents have likely never existed. Nor did they have to. A company like Nvidia can easily pressure AIB partners "off-the-record" with insinuations and well-placed comments, and as they dictate the terms of the deals (again: we have no indication that the GPP left any room for negotiation), they have no incentive to put any of this down on paper - that would only leave a document trail to incriminate them, while "specifying" the on-paper terms with a wink and a nudge would be just as binding.
So can you see what Kyle has done here? he flamed an entire community in a matter for which very few people have the expertise to judge properly, and even if they could, they don't have the means (*documents) in order to do it properly!! Based on what we have, all we can do here is .............speculating and flaming !!!
Well personally, i don't like these kind of "games" AT ALL that's why i'm reacting this way.
No need to tell you how much these kind of tactics can damage my "consumer choices" , which Kyle cares so much to protect !! But nevertheless, i can't remember him (* if anyone remembers differently he can enlighten me) searching any of these matters that i mentioned.
So, myself, as a consumer, when i see titles such as "GeForce Partner Program Impacts Consumer Choice" , then i expect from the person who says something like that to protect my "consumer choices" in general, not only at a fraction of his choice !!!
The issue here is that you're conflating reporting based on off-the-record statements from industry sources with outright speculation and off-the-cuff analysis, or comparing with issues of a vastly different order of magnitude. I'm not saying Steve is wrong in his speculation (it seems likely, though there are justifiable reasons for this (prioritizing non-blockchain compute and professional users who use/need more than 8GB of VRAM) beyond "not wanting to sell to gamers" - but again, that's another discussion entirely), and although I have no idea who Elric (Eric? Still don't know) is, there have been quite a few reports of AMD pushing reviewers to test in specific ways - and there has been plenty of outcry and discussion surrounding it. I'd say the difference in attention between the GPP and AMD's attempts to influence reviewers is pretty much proportional to the gravity of the accusations. Both are bad, but that does not make them equally bad.

-I'm a person who i like to offset my lack of legal knowledge on this matter, with the use of my logic:
So, since Dell & HP as you said, are ""in a drastically different position in "negotiating" this with Nvidia"" , then IF this agreement has any illegal terms inside, then Dell & HP wouldn't have any serious problems to drag nVidia to courts right ? Since it's such an "obvious case" as it is claimed from the community, then what's stopping them? You said that the AIB's are dependent to nVidia, so what about those who are NOT dependent?? :confused:
P.S. And i'll say it once more, AMD has done in the past against Intel, and nVidia has also went to courts in the past, again, against Intel....
Firstly: AMD and Intel can sue each other pretty much freely, as they have zero economic inter-dependencies like this (they have mutual patent deals, but don't actually rely on each other beyond that to do business). The only real difference here is who has the resources to outlast each other. AMD took a major risk when they did this, but they had the backing of an antitrust investigation and attached criminal case - which significantly eases the burden on them as the accusing party - they could simply argue that they had been damaged by Intel's criminal activity and thus sue for damages. If no criminal activity is investigated, alleged or brought to court, this is not a possible argument.

As such, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of lawsuits against Nvidia crop up once (/"if") these fresh antitrust investigations (at least in the EU, and I think I read something about the US as well?) actually lead somewhere. Before that, the burden of proof is significantly shifted to the suing party, and as such any lawsuit carries a much higher risk. And risk, again, is not something that publicly traded companies can really afford to take without the prospect of a reasonably short-term gain - which major lawsuits do not lead to. Dell isn't publicly traded, and might as such be less risk-averse, but they're still a for-profit corporation.

How I predict things will go in the coming years, given that the antitrust investigations actually lead somewhere:
-Nvidia is brought to court on criminal charges for anticompetitive business practices. If this happens, it won't be before 2020.
-A case like that will take years, so a lot of waiting and silence will ensue
-If a judgement against Nvidia seems likely (or happens)*, large and financially secure actors like HP and Dell will launch civil suits alleging damages from Nvidia's criminal activity
-If these go well, smaller and less financially secure actors will launch similar suits.
-If Nvidia is convicted, they'll appeal, and a new multi-year trial will start.
This will play out over a period of a decade or more. Remember, Intel's appeal of their fine for anti-competitive practices (originally levied in 2009) is still ongoing.

*The burden of proof in civil cases, at least in the US, is lower than in criminal cases. As such, large actors might take the minor risk of suing before a judgement is handed down (or even if Nvidia wins!), as they might judge that the burden of proof for a civil case has already been met.

edit: jumping between pages here cut out some text, apparently.

Last edited:
System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
, and although I have no idea who Elric (Eric? Still don't know) is, there have been quite a few reports of AMD pushing reviewers to test in specific ways -

Elric is this one here (#258):
https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidi...n-gpp-campaign.1958917/page-7#post-1043601953 .
Also you can check the rest of my comment on this post, besides the video, and you'll probably understand better why i'm reacting the way i do. From our conversations i understood that you are a person who has the ability to think very rational.:)

As for your other comments, although they are interesting arguments , i would rather not comment on them, because i'll be forced to repeat a lot of things , and i'd like to avoid that.
I will only ask this as a comment to your closing paragraph : Has any of the directly-involved parties (*AIBs, Dell, HP ) , or indirectly involved parties(*AMD who started all this, ) , filed a claim against GPP ?
If none of them haven't, then do you really believe that there will be a court which will legaly-persue nVidia, without any claims from the involved parties?;)

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I will only ask this as a comment to your closing paragraph : Has any of the directly-involved parties (*AIBs, Dell, HP ) , or indirectly involved parties(*AMD who started all this, ) , filed a claim against GPP ?
If none of them haven't, then do you really believe that there will be a court which will legaly-persue nVidia, without any claims from the involved parties?;)
Of course! Criminal law does in the vast majority of cases not in any way require the aggrieved party to file a charge - or even agree that charges be brought. If you punch someone in the face in front of a cop, they can charge you regardless of the victim's stance, at least in most countries. If the victim insists they don't charge you, they might listen to them, but they don't have to. Breaking criminal law is breaking the law even if nobody complains. That's why we have an independent judiciary - so that equality under the law can be enforced by a body that has no other interest than enforcing the law equally. This is also why we have courts that can compel testimony (with the risk of perjury for lying under oath) even from unwilling parties and investigative bodies with the authority to take any and all relevant evidence - so that the courts can find out what actually happened regardless of whether someone felt safe enough to complain.

While there's no doubt white-collar crime is often easy to hide and prosecution of this to a certain degree depends on tip-offs and whistleblowers, equating this to "if nobody complains, nobody will be charged" is a gross oversimplification. If I were you, I'd take a good look at my own impression of the justice system. Of course, I don't know where you live, but your country has to be pretty bad in terms of underfunded investigative agencies/corruption for this to be even close to reality. You come off as either really cynical or like you've completely given up on society's ability to function with a modicum of fairness.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
Of course! Criminal law does in the vast majority of cases not in any way require the aggrieved party to file a charge - or even agree that charges be brought. If you punch someone in the face in front of a cop, they can charge you regardless of the victim's stance, at least in most countries. If the victim insists they don't charge you, they might listen to them, but they don't have to. Breaking criminal law is breaking the law even if nobody complains. That's why we have an independent judiciary - so that equality under the law can be enforced by a body that has no other interest than enforcing the law equally. This is also why we have courts that can compel testimony (with the risk of perjury for lying under oath) even from unwilling parties and investigative bodies with the authority to take any and all relevant evidence - so that the courts can find out what actually happened regardless of whether someone felt safe enough to complain.

While there's no doubt white-collar crime is often easy to hide and prosecution of this to a certain degree depends on tip-offs and whistleblowers, equating this to "if nobody complains, nobody will be charged" is a gross oversimplification. If I were you, I'd take a good look at my own impression of the justice system. Of course, I don't know where you live, but your country has to be pretty bad in terms of underfunded investigative agencies/corruption for this to be even close to reality. You come off as either really cynical or like you've completely given up on society's ability to function with a modicum of fairness.

In my country (Greece) i don't think that the legal system tends to prosecute someone without having some sort of a filed-lawsuit/claim against him.
(*At least i can't recall such a thing , but i might be mistaken, since , as i said , i'm not a lawyer.)
Still, my question was if : ""any of the directly-involved parties (*AIBs, Dell, HP ) , or indirectly involved parties(*AMD who started all this, ) , filed a claim against nVidia/GPP "". I'm most curious.