• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Powers Up with New High Current Gamer Bronze Series PSUs

Antec, a leading provider of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself market, broadens its range of power supplies with the new High Current Gamer Bronze series. The 80 PLUS Bronze rating and fully-modular cabling make the HCG Bronze a great choice for a reliable and efficient PC system for gamers and professionals. The PSU line is now commercially available from 105,99 Euros for the 750W version and 115,99 Euros for the 850W model (suggested retail price).

The latest generation of Antec's High Current Gamer Bronze PSUs offer unparalleled stability and 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency. Delivering up to 89 percent efficiency, the High Current Gamer Bronze series utilizes Active PFC, 100 percent Japanese capacitors, and provides efficiency during high and low loads.

The High Current Gamer Bronze series features a fully modular cable management system which enables users to use only the cables which are needed, greatly simplifying installation and helps clear out excess cables that can obstruct and reduce airflow. The whisper-quiet, double ball bearing 135 mm fan provides high airflow with durability and longevity. Last but not least, the High Current Gamer Bronze line is backed by the Antec Quality five-year warranty on parts and labor.

Product Features:
  • 100% top-grade Japanese capacitors for clean DC-DC performance
  • 80 PLUS Bronze certified-Up to 89% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
  • 5 year warranty and lifetime global support
  • 100% Modular cable management -Improves airflow and reduces clutter
  • 135mm Double Ball Bearing fan provides whisper-quiet air cooling

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

well, when you do your review point out what has changed over the old like from here ?
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/HCG-850M/4.html

looks like a improved fan would be a good thing .

most times when its the ''NEW '' revision that = the cheaper better product so to say at added cost to you

look forward to its review here to see inside like maybe they went from seasonic to say CWT platform ?

also seem now 7 -10 year is becoming the standard warrantee time . if I get 5 + out of one issue free I'm good

The name has changed and has GAMER on it now. Less crappy PSU and more efficient ones with high quality components please.

well its all about flashy logo's and led lighting. support , service or quality don't sell over gimmicks and hype . surprised there is no 20 way user programmable led's on this unit . its doomed ..lol.

Can't see them being very attractive with that pricing, can get gold rated SeaSonic Focus+ with same watts and prices. What is the OEM though? Gold HCG:s are obviously Seasonic Focus+ platform are these some Seasonics too? From the back grille it does not look like any familiar Seasonic platform to me.
1525888378998.png

the old one was from that review I linked above was seasonic . we'll have to wait for the open it up review to see what inside of this one . all jap as claimed cant be too bad a platform I guess ?

Antec creates very solid PSU's. I've never switched to any other brand since Q-tec again.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I'd like @jonnyGURUto review this psu series, see who exactly the oem is.