• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TRENDnet Introduces AC3000 Tri-Band Gigabit Wireless Router

TRENDnet , a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, has announced the launch of its first business router, the AC3000 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN SMB Router, model TEW-829DRU. The new business router features dual-wan ports, support for VPN and VLAN applications, and it is integrated with advanced web content filtering and productivity tools powered by Router Limits .

The advanced features on TRENDnet's business router provide optimal performance, scalability, and protection for your business network. TRENDnet's wireless business router supports three concurrent WiFi bands to maximize device networking speeds. There are two separate high-performance AC networks (up to 1733Mbps and 867Mbps respectively), and a 400Mbps wireless N network. The router features VPN for encrypted remote LAN access, inter-VLAN routing, and QoS. In addition to dual-wan ports, the TEW-829DRU WiFi business router also features eight gigabit LAN ports, one USB port, and one console port.

"Businesses can help create an environment for a more efficient workforce by improving network controls and connectivity with the TEW-829DRU wireless business router. Dual-wan ports help to balance network traffic or provide a backup for WAN failure," said Evan Davis, senior manager of solutions engineering at TRENDnet. "With Router Limits integrated into the router, business owners can gain full control and management of company internet access."

TRENDnet's wireless business router intelligently manages your office's web access with content filtering and productivity tools by Router Limits, increasing employee efficiency and reducing unnecessary distractions. TRENDnet will later integrate Router Limits content filtering and productivity technology into their wireless home router, the AC2600 MU-MIMO WiFi Router, model TEW-827DRU.

"We're excited to offer our world-class network productivity management and filtering tools on TRENDnet's new routers," said Tyler Phillips, director of business development at Router Limits. "By integrating our network user management tools with TRENDnet's hardware, we are creating a best-in-class solution, and we are aligning ourselves with a great company that is already a leading provider of routers and other network equipment in the business and home networking sectors. Our goal is to make this the first of many integrations with TRENDnet hardware."

The AC3000 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN SMB Router, TEW-829DRU, is currently available online on the TRENDnet Store, and through select authorized distribution and retail partners.

AC3000 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN SMB Router, TEW-829DRU
  • 8 x Gigabit LAN ports, 1 x Console port
  • Dual-WAN ports support load-balancing and fail-over modes
  • SSL, IPsec, PPTP, and L2TP w/IPsec VPN support
  • IEEE 802.1Q inter-VLAN routing
  • Three concurrent WiFi bands maximize device networking speeds
  • AC3000 Tri-Band: 1733Mbps (5GHz1) + 867Mbps (5GHz2) + 400Mbps (2.4GHz) bands
  • Pre-encrypted WiFi for your convenience
  • Wireless client isolation
  • Web browser and CLI management
  • Online firmware notification and upgrade
  • QoS for VoIP and media streaming applications
  • Advanced web content filtering service powered by Router Limits
  • Product page: www.trendnet.com/products/TEW-829DRU
  • MSRP: USD $339.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
Not enough antennas. 8 would have beaten the Netgear, D-Link and ASUS routers.

Not enough antennas. 8 would have beaten the Netgear, D-Link and ASUS routers.

It's not really about the antenna's, it's more about the amplification behind it. You could have 10 antenna's and still have an output of less then 0.5watts. And the amplification also decides the strength of your wireless.

By going multiple antenna's, you can offer both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz at the same time without 'waiting'.

Luay

I knew something is wrong with me when the design of this router turned me on and it isn't the first time I felt this way.

I used to DJ in a strip club, and stopped getting turned on by the working girls, until a fully dressed female customer walked in. I thought she was the hottest thing I've ever seen and couldn't hold myself. I knew then it was time for me to quit my part time job and look for something that can re-normalize my senses.

Moral of story; too many RGB, Gaming hardware in the market. Minimalist & simple designs need a comeback really bad and this router fits that bill perfectly.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes