• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MS Cyclops IV pc case review

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Hello my name is Devon and I would like to welcome you to my review of the MS Cyclops IV pc case. This case has not been sent by the manufacturer but rather been bought by me since I liked some of the features it had to offer for its price.
  • Packaging
The case comes in a simple plain cardboard box with the image of the case on both sides and the specs and weight on the other two. Opening the box we can see the case is protected from the top and bottom by some soft foam padding.

• A Closer look outside
The case has a simple minimalistic design. It’s a mid tower case that supports ATX and mATX motherboards. The case comes only in black. The case dimensions are as follows: 45,5x20,5x48,2 cm.

The front of the case has the only logo of the manufacturer. On the front of the case there is a single USB 3.0 port, a headphone and microphone jack, two USB 2.0 ports, a reset button that is small and kind of hard to accidently press, and finally the power button. Under the front I/O there is one 5.25” spot for an optical drive. While it may seem that the front of the case is mostly closed that is not the case. On both sides of the front panel there are long mesh vents that allow plenty of airflow into the case.

The right side of the case is closed by a simple sheet of steel, while the left side has a nice window to show of the internals. The sides of the case are held on by thumbscrews which are easy to remove. Unfortunately the thumbscrews don’t stay on the side panels after removal, but have to be screwed back into the case in order to not lose them.

On the top of the case we can see a magnetic dust filter that is easy to clean. Under this dust filter there are mounting spots for 2x120mm fans.

On the bottom there are four case feet about 2 inches that allow the power supply plenty of air even on carpeted area. The case feet have small rubber strips under them that provide good grip. Under the power supply area there is a mesh dust filter that requires a bit more effort to keep clean since it can’t be just pulled out from the back. The cleaning of it requires the user to pick up the case while taking it off and putting it back on.

• A closer look inside

On the inside it is the same black color as the outside. As we can see the front of the case can support 2x120mm or 2x140mm fans. The back of the case can fit 1x120mm fan, and the top can fit 2x120mm fans. The maximum height of the cpu cooler is 163mm and the maximum length of a gpu is 400mm.

The psu shroud is stretched the whole length of the case allowing the user to comfortably hide any unnecessary or unused cables.Under the psu shroud we can see that the power supply would be resting on soft padded feet which should dampen the vibrations of the psu fan and make the system a bit quieter.

Next to the psu we have a hard drive bay that can house a total of 2x3.5” hard drives or 2x2.5” ssd’s. Above the drive cage there are 2 additional 2.5” mounts. Behind the motherboard tray we have about 1.5cm of space which is more than enough. Behind the motherboard tray we also have a small 2.5” mount.

The cables the case comes with are plenty long to reach their proprietary connectors. The cables included are the front I/O (power switch, reset switch, power LED + and -, and HDD Led); USB 2.0 cable, USB 3.0 cable and lastly HD audio.The case comes with the motherboard standoffs placed for ATX motherboards, but if extra standoffs are needed, they are contained in a small nylon bag of screws that come with the case. This bag also contains a motherboard speaker if someone would like to use it.

So to sum it up the case can hold 2x3.5” and 5x2.5” hard drive’s or ssd’s. Behind the motherboard tray there are 14 cable tie down points for organizing the cables.
  • The Build
Since I’ve decided this is going to be my case for the time being, I had to move all my hardware from my thermaltake chaser A31 case to this one. The build went without a problem.

• The quality
The quality of the case in not the best but considering the price I can’t really complain. There were a few rivets not properly put in, and some of them fell out after unboxing the case. Luckily I had rivets at home and fixed the problem in 5 minutes. I bought the case brand new from a retail store for 2800 rsd which equals to 28$.

• Pros
      • Has a lot of features more expensive cases have, but for a lower price.
      • Great airflow
    • Cons
      • Only one USB 3.0 on the case while it has a internal connector for two.
      • No Type-C connector on the case.
      • The case comes without any fans.
      • The front of the case has no dust filter.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
At that price, I won't complain either. In fact, I like the USB ports on the front and how it handles the 5.25" bay. It's there if you need it, otherwise it doesn't take up much space if you don't.

Processor Ryzen 5 3600 PRO
Motherboard AsRock B450 Pro4
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 /w Noctua NF-P12
Memory Silicon Power XPower Zenith 2x8GB @1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB / Crucial MX 500 1TB
Display(s) Dell P2419H
Case Fractal Design Pop Air /w 3x Arctic P12 PWM
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z + Edifier R1000T4
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse Microsoft Intelimouse Pro
Keyboard IBM KB-8926
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Turns on on the first try! Usually.
This company, MS, is extremely common in my country and most of the stuff they sell is really low quality. But I must admit, the cases they've been putting out lately are really good, and considering the really low price they seem like solid budget cases. I've built a PC for a friend in the Cyclops III, which seems to be the same case with a different faceplate.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch from the Chaser A31 to this case?

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch from the Chaser A31 to this case?
I had the Chaser for about 6 years now and felt like I had to change something since I haven't upgraded any components, and I kind of like how it looks.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
That front 5.25" drive bay can be used to house more ports if desired, one of the reasons I still like having that option.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
This company, MS, is extremely common in my country and most of the stuff they sell is really low quality. But I must admit, the cases they've been putting out lately are really good, and considering the really low price they seem like solid budget cases. I've built a PC for a friend in the Cyclops III, which seems to be the same case with a different faceplate.

like in here, the looks is good as long as you don't try to touch it then you know the material is thin like can