• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Capture Your 4K Gameplay with Lag-Free, Full Quality Passthrough

Pengo, a new power-player on the video capture market is proud to announce the availability of the Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber. The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber works with all latest 4K enabled gaming consoles such as the Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 4 Pro. It gives you the freedom to use any UVC enabled application to capture and stream with software you like, such as OBS, XSplit, and Bandicam. With lag-free passthrough of the HDMI signal and instant display of the captured video, you can game and stream with any performance impact. Unlike other options the lightning-fast video processor can grab your video stream without needing a powerful PC. Setting up the 4K HDMI Grabber is quick and easy with only HDMI and USB cables required, while you can additionally connect a headset and/or microphone to record your voice and team chat to the stream.

LAG-FREE 4K HDMI PASS-THROUGH: YUV12 4:4:4 OUTPUT
The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber is powerful for its compact size, with incomparable pass-through capability at 4096x2160 @ 60 Hz and UYV12 4:4:4. Being lag-free is essential for gamers that want the highest visual fidelity. The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber performs at its best no matter your PC's hardware. It delivers lag-free, uncompressed 1080p 60Hz over USB 3.0. Older PCs with only USB 2.0 available will receive 1080p content with light color space compression.

LOW POWER USB HDMI GRABBER
The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber is functional, small, and lightweight with non-slip rubber bottom surface. Its all-aluminum casing is sturdy and makes it capable of going on bumpy LAN party trips while it only requires a single USB cable for power and video streaming. Pengo optimized the 4K HDMI Grabber for optimal compatibility and safety. The total current draw is only 700mA, well below the limit of 900mA for USB 3.0. In-house testing showed other USB capture devices draw up to 1500mA, risking damage to your PC or worse. This also makes the Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber small, cool and without needing an active fan, a noise-free, fit- anywhere, stream everywhere capture solution.

DEDICATED AUDIO CONNECTORS FOR VOICE RECORDING
The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber can record extra audio channels and has a separate headphone and microphone connector. This allows you to create voice-over and commentary on the streaming video, or have an extra connection for you headphone when gaming. Inside your streaming and recording app, you can even choose whether to use the stream with or without voice-over.

NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM
The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber is available on Amazon.com in Titanium Gray at a suggested retail price of $249.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Serious question: Is there much point to devices like this anymore? ReLive, OBS, Shadowplay, and most consoles do this and for free...

I don't stream really, so I'm curious as to what I'm missing here.

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
Serious question: Is there much point to devices like this anymore? ReLive, OBS, Shadowplay, and most consoles do this and for free...

I don't stream really, so I'm curious as to what I'm missing here.
Yes the quality, the ability to choose bit rates/fps all makes them much more worth while. Mobility is also another aspect.

D

Deleted member 172152

Yes the quality, the ability to choose bit rates/fps all makes them much more worth while. Mobility is also another aspect.
For pc there is now a ndi plug-in, which basically means I only need one laptop for streaming, one for pure gaming and an ethernet cable for my two person dual laptop game/stream setup, which is nice.

Decided on the AMD Helios 500 btw. 8-cores seems amazing and it's only €2k. Hoping for a 12-core 7nm gpu version being available before the end of next year!

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
For pc there is now a ndi plug-in, which basically means I only need one laptop for streaming, one for pure gaming and an ethernet cable for my two person dual laptop game/stream setup, which is nice.

I've been thinking for a while now how to do a proper stream and I was ready to get a video capture card but this changes everything. You know if this works with Streamlabs?

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
I got excited at first because I thought this thing would capture 4k, but it's just 1080p@60

People who don't want their gameplay be affected by a stream capture, either for demanding players who want best possible performance or for users with low end hardware who can't afford to burden CPU or GPU with extra workloads. Although it's 250 bucks, it won't become old and obsolete like graphic card itself. So it will last for a longer time, being more economic option.

EDIT:
The description is a bit weird. So, the passthrough is at 4K 60Hz, meaning you can have this thing between PC and your 4K monitor, but the actual capture is in 1080p. That's a bit crappy. If you play at 4K, you kinda hope and expect to deliver that content to the viewers as well...

D

Deleted member 172152

I've been thinking for a while now how to do a proper stream and I was ready to get a video capture card but this changes everything. You know if this works with Streamlabs?
No idea. I have no experience with that version of OBS. I suggest looking that up or just asking Streamlabs. Just remember this probably only works with 2(+) pc's, not consoles.

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
People who don't want their gameplay be affected by a stream capture, either for demanding players who want best possible performance or for users with low end hardware who can't afford to burden CPU or GPU with extra workloads. Although it's 250 bucks, it won't become old and obsolete like graphic card itself. So it will last for a longer time, being more economic option.

EDIT:
The description is a bit weird. So, the passthrough is at 4K 60Hz, meaning you can have this thing between PC and your 4K monitor, but the actual capture is in 1080p. That's a bit crappy. If you play at 4K, you kinda hope and expect to deliver that content to the viewers as well...
Which is where the elgato 4k60 comes in.

Decided on the AMD Helios 500 btw. 8-cores seems amazing and it's only €2k. Hoping for a 12-core 7nm gpu version being available before the end of next year!

NDI is great...

...except when you're trying to stream a game using Vulkan like Wolfenstein The New Colossus or probably Rage 2. Capture cards are immune to incompatibilities with UWP, to API's that don't do Game Capture, etc.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000

EDIT:
I don't know about that. Maybe this device in particular is different, but I know somebody who uses an elgato hd60, and all it does is pass through the signal to the screen, while also passing the data to the PC via USB. The PC still has to do all the encoding gruntwork. It's only really useful for console gamers who want to stream...

Hm, usually the point of capture cards is that they remove the API limitations for screen capture and offloading the work from CPU/GPU to a dedicated unit doing it itself and then just sending a "finished" recording to a computer which then only has a burden of storing it to SSD/HDD.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

EDIT:
If run 8 cores or more, you can easily afford one or two cores allocated to streaming (though streaming probably takes less than that).

Also:
you can game and stream with any performance impact
nice one ;)