• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns - For Having Sex With Colleague

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts
To be CEO is to be non-human. This is why we hire them at the salaries they draw. The board should not have to suffer such fools!

My building is 80% woman and some how my dick stays in my pants.
Not every situation is same, Men or boys get jelly if they are approached first by girls, i have seen good married men make mistake just because once in their life time they got approached from the women. In the end of the day, everyone is different and the situation is different. You have zero clues what he might be going through his personal life. May be this affair was worth it or may be not.

Intel INSIDE!!! pun intended :p

CEO took this very seriously. :D

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
THATS IT BRIAN!!!! INTEL INSIDE ME!

Brian approves this post with a toast.... Doggie style.
Brian_Griffin.png

And you guys wanna blame it on the dog.....

Dat title, cmon bro, w1zz... While technically might be correct, forms a very negative connotation about the situation.
Having romantic relationships of any kind are a violation in the company. It doesn't have to be sexual
What I don't get is why? Unless the colleague was under their direct supervision or they were getting it on at work/on company time, which was not disclosed, why does it matter? There are two general rules for dating co-workers, 1, they can not be in direct chain of command and 2, neither can be already married. Other than that they are free to carry on outside of work as they see fit.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
I'm gonna put on my tinfoil hat and say that this is Intel saving face and deflecting inquisite gazes.
Meltdown/Spectre, supposed problems with 10nm, AMD's resurgence and what I would call lackluster Intel response (that silly marketing slide was amazing xD) and the supposed insider trading before Spectre news got out.

And I wonder with whom he did have relations? Direct underling? Direct boss (assuming before he became CEO)? Those cases yeah, position of authority and all that. Other cases it's not and it shouldn't be anyones deal. In my company couples are a thing. Then again, I am in Europe, not USA, work laws are very, very different.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Sadly, I have attempted to moderate this thread and have handed-out several warnings (with no points attached). I feel it is a losing battle at this point.
Can we please try to be civil and cut down on the rhetoric? I understand that due to the nature of the topic that my request is almost impossible...
Please try though.

What should have happened was that this clickbait thread should never have been posted. Since that didn't happen, every jerkass clever clogs happy to assassinate Krzanich's character simply because they are rabid Intel-haters, or because "I would've done it looooool", should've been handed a time-out to teach them to behave somewhat like the adults they claim to be. Especially since TPU is - supposedly - enforcing good behaviour more rigidly now.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that Intel or Krzanich could decide to sue TPU for providing a platform and not discouraging and environment that allows people to defame him. I bet then we'd see rather fewer clickbait headlines and a lot more good behaviour, so I'm actually kinda hoping it happens.

System Name Purple Stuff
Processor Intel Core I7-8700K @ 5.0 Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory Corsair Vengence 16 GB DDR4 @ 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung EVO 960 500 GB, HDD 4TB WD Black, SSD Crucial MX400 1TB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU 27" x2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
Power Supply Seasonic Focus + Platinum 850 W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 700
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
Software Win 10 Pro
This sounds a bit iffy... but hey if they wanna roll with that ... what can one do ... my 2 cents...

System Name Purple Stuff
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Software Win 10 Pro
Because you didn't use the reply function, let's presume you were replying to me; Why is that iffy at all?

Neah dude... Was just my thoughts on the article... I mean it sounds a little too far fetched. Usually stuff like this gets swept under the rug

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
So, this dude:

1) Burnt 300$ million on "diversity efforts"
2) Aimed at extremely realistic "40% of engineers are female" (good luck at that, whatever he was smoking)
3) Meltdown, Spectre
4) Ryzen, Threadripper
5) Threadripper 2 and widespread mocking of Intel's response

fired for consensual sex with someone working at Intel, sure thing.

My building is 80% woman and some how my dick stays in my pants.
Would you like a cookie for this?
A small monument perhaps? Or rather big one?

Should we PM you telling how great you are?

Fucking unbelievable how pathetic people can get.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Would you like a cookie for this?
A small monument perhaps? Or rather big one?

Should we PM you telling how great you are?

Fucking unbelievable how pathetic people can get.

If you need that interpreted: Someone has their job and someone does not -- and I'm certainly down the pay scale from my from own CEO. The whole point being that it should go without saying, yet here we here, with apologists believing this only affects him and not every single employee he commands. So yeah, apparently it does need to be said out loud sometimes because it's the minimum bar standard. The second something like this happens at my company is the second we longer need that persons service, and we're small compared to Intel, but still thousands of families with their livelihoods to company stock and quarterly returns. Humanity -- starts becoming real valid when our sales team are talking to customers. That's possible contracts lost until things our soundly changed.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
What I don't get is why? Unless the colleague was under their direct supervision or they were getting it on at work/on company time, which was not disclosed, why does it matter? There are two general rules for dating co-workers, 1, they can not be in direct chain of command and 2, neither can be already married. Other than that they are free to carry on outside of work as they see fit.
In many large corporation, as well as the U.S. armed forces, it is not allowed. It exists for a reason. It can have major impacts throughout the company if no policy existed. Anyone dating the CEO, for example would be viewed with suspicion and envy and hatred. From that day forward, no one would believe any promotion came on their own merit.

There would be so many webs you couldn’t move even half of those who might be affected or cry favoritism if fraternization was allowed. The higher ranked person’s impartiality and professionalism also become called into question by the rank and file members. He thoughts he was above his own company’s rules. He found out different.

You don’t have relationships where you work.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Man oh man some of the comments in this thread just shows how much some have the need for improvement in their cognition and reasoning and their understanding of truth. That is all I have to say. Also would like to add thank you to W1zzard for the update on this !
FOX NEWS IS NOTHING EVEN CLOSE TO TABLOID, IT IS THE MOST TRUTHFUL NEWS IN THE USA AS OF DATE!

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11

He's the flipping CEO, potential for favoritism is way too high to let something like this slide.

System Name Purple Stuff
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Software Win 10 Pro
He's the flipping CEO, potential for favoritism is way too high to let something like this slide.

He was let go due to Intel's position not because he was banging the receptionist, let's think about it for a second, if he was to be fired do you think they would want more flak than they already got? Usually when a CEO gets the boot it's followed by a nose-dive in the stock market and I'm not sure if Intel can afford that right now. This is how I view it at least I'm pretty sure this thing is going on on a daily basis in the corporate world (I do work in a corporation that has that policy in place, yet they sometimes choose to ignore it). I'm pretty confident that Intel's position has led to this.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
He was let go due to Intel's position not because he was banging the receptionist, let's think about it for a second, if he was to be fired do you think they would want more flak than they already got? Usually when a CEO gets the boot it's followed by a nose-dive in the stock market and I'm not sure if Intel can afford that right now. This is how I view it at least I'm pretty sure this thing is going on on a daily basis in the corporate world (I do work in a corporation that has that policy in place, yet they sometimes choose to ignore it). I'm pretty confident that Intel's position has led to this.

You might be onto something....

From what I've experienced with folks that are in the boardroom..... If they want someone "Gone" all they have to do is dig around for some dirt. I'd be willing to place my money everytime if a CEO gets investigated, something would be found they could be fired over according to corporate policy.
I'm thinking in this case it was desired to see him leave in a way that wouldn't shake the stocks so much yet still serve the same purpose - And behind closed doors he's been blamed for all the setbacks Intel has had in recent times.

I've been witness to such shenanegans before with how the blame game is played at the corporate level.... And it's about the highest level of game play you'll ever see like this aside from politics itself.
Just plain nasty.

You might be onto something....

From what I've experienced with folks that are in the boardroom..... If they want someone "Gone" all they have to do is dig around for some dirt. I'd be willing to place my money everytime if a CEO gets investigated, something would be found they could be fired over according to corporate policy.
I'm thinking in this case it was desired to see him leave in a way that wouldn't shake the stocks so much yet still serve the same purpose - And behind closed doors he's been blamed for all the setbacks Intel has had in recent times.

I've been witness to such shenanegans before with how the blame game is played at the corporate level.... And it's about the highest level of game play you'll ever see like this aside from politics itself.
Just plain nasty.
To be fair to the rest of the board, he did drop the ball multiple times. Otherwise how can you explain a 3 year delay to 10nm from the earliest roadmaps, there's also nothing to counter Zen v2 atm.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Potentially a ton of reasons why it didn't happen, from things he was directly responsible for to things that was out of anyone's hands to control. Failures of others at his level to get things done too yet they somehow managed to pass that buck UP the ladder... And right into his lap.

The first rule of management still applies:
"Everything is your fault".

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
And behind closed doors he's been blamed for all the setbacks Intel has had in recent times.
Oh yeah, AMD coming up from behind and whacking them upside the head probably was one of the reasons.
there's also nothing to counter Zen v2 atm
Yep.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
To be fair to the rest of the board, he did drop the ball multiple times. Otherwise how can you explain a 3 year delay to 10nm from the earliest roadmaps, there's also nothing to counter Zen v2 atm.

Blaming him for the 10nm problems is like blaming the sky for rain.

Blaming him for the 10nm problems is like blaming the sky for rain.
Wow what an analogy, I'm sure Brian would approve btw 10nm isn't late just once it's continuously slipping & any other CEO would likely be axed for such a string of failures on multiple fronts.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Being ceo, he is the top of chain, so directly in command regardless, he screwed up by using the wrong head and should of dated a woman else where...

Wow what an analogy, I'm sure Brian would approve btw 10nm isn't late just once it's continuously slipping & any other CEO would likely be axed for such a string of failures on multiple fronts.
False dichotomy. The foundry business is one thing, executive lack of leadership is completely another. You cannot blame the foundry thingy on the CEO. Afaik, this guy was at the head of the foundries.
[Mr. Sivakumar]