• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Mastereluno

Excellent sound very good work continue that way

Hello lovers of good sound, very good work, continue that way, here is a video of what the new apo can do

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (72).png
    Captura de pantalla (72).png
    425.3 KB · Views: 395
  • Captura de pantalla (73).png
    Captura de pantalla (73).png
    482.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Captura de pantalla (74).png
    Captura de pantalla (74).png
    337.7 KB · Views: 535
  • Captura de pantalla (75).png
    Captura de pantalla (75).png
    335.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Captura de pantalla (76).png
    Captura de pantalla (76).png
    406.2 KB · Views: 194
Fix Dolby UWP apps acessing driver and exception info
Delete folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3

The laptops with Dolby app 2.x.xxx.x will only update to apps version 2.x.xxx.x though Microsoft Store and 2.x.xxx.x api though Windows Update according to Software Component swc\ven_dolby&pid_dax3apisvc

The laptops with Dolby app 2.xxxx.xxx.x will only update to apps version 2.x.xxx.x though Microsoft Store and 2.xxxx.xxx.x api though Windows Update according to Software Component swc\ven_dolby&pid_dax3aposvc

PIC 1.png

Does anyone know the maximum value for Dolby Atmos preset file? For example dialog enhancer, volume leveler amount: maximum values?

Fix Dolby UWP apps acessing driver and exception info
Delete folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3

The laptops with Dolby app 2.x.xxx.x will only update to apps version 2.x.xxx.x though Microsoft Store and 2.x.xxx.x api though Windows Update according to Software Component swc\ven_dolby&pid_dax3apisvc

The laptops with Dolby app 2.xxxx.xxx.x will only update to apps version 2.x.xxx.x though Microsoft Store and 2.xxxx.xxx.x api though Windows Update according to Software Component swc\ven_dolby&pid_dax3aposvc

View attachment 102954

I`ve downloaded the next 3 Consoles of Creative (The monday i will test the 3); i`ve actualized all the packs w/ the latest versions od the software of creative that belongs to the X-Fi Go Pro console.

The Consoles are these:

mb_driver_audio_Recon3Di&ZxRi_1.03.24

Sound Blaster Acoustic Engine Pro v.1.02.06

Sound Blaster X-Fi Go Pro v.Win10.1.02.0082. This, i`ve downloaded from the official page of Creative, and in the page says is just for Windows 10; but i have my doubts (maybe works on other windows too). I`ve changed the "Support.cab" into the subfolder Setup, in Audio folder. I did this, because
the version of support.cab that owned the original for Windows 10; when looking inside with 7z; I have noticed that the file called "CTComp.dat" brings the following information added in the file.

[Hardware.Map10]
;; Pelican 2 THX
ID = 041E30DD
CompanyName = Creative
ProductName = Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro
ProductVersion = 1.0
DefAppPath = \ Creative \ Sound Blaster X-Fi Go Pro
BillBoardType = 00
UninstallIcon = \ Bitmaps \ SBXFi.ico
FeatureSet = NIL
Readme = NIL
SpeakerPref =
DigitalOutput = NIL
CustomRDF = NIL
Manual = MANUAL_MAP_00
InstallQFE =
InstQFEB4Drvs =

[Hardware.Map11]
;; Pelican 2 SBX
ID = 041E3233
CompanyName = Creative
ProductVersion = 1.0
BillBoardType = 00
FeatureSet = NIL
Readme = NIL
SpeakerPref =
DigitalOutput = NIL
CustomRDF = NIL
Manual = MANUAL_MAP_01
InstallQFE =
InstQFEB4Drvs =

[FeatureSet1]

[MANUAL_MAP_00]
manual1.chm = Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro

[MANUAL_MAP_01]
manual2.chm = Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro

[SPEAKERPREF_MAP_00]

[QFE_MAP_00]

[QFE_MAP_01]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, it happens that when starting the setup.exe (inside the subfolder "Setup", inside the Audio folder); the installer starts, but when you next give it "it does not recognize the X-Fi Go Pro card as connected and sends a message as it will not install the card software.

Plus, I own the original CD of this card, (in fact I had this portable / handheld USB card in my computer), and I did the following.

Change the "support.cab" that comes with my CD and change it to the one with the Windows 10 version of the X-Fi Go Pro; and now when you run the setup.exe it no longer sends the message (even if it does not detect the connected card in the computer) and it seems that if you are going to let the software install the Go Pro.

Here I leave the info that brings the "support.cab" in your file called "CTComp.dat", and that I replaced by the one that had the version for Windows 10; as you will see, the info changes and can be the key for you to choose the option to install the Go Pro.

[Hardware.Map10]
ID = 00000000
CompanyName = Creative
ProductVersion = 1.0
BillBoardType = 00
FeatureSet = NIL
Readme = NIL
SpeakerPref =
DigitalOutput = NIL
CustomRDF = NIL
Manual = MANUAL_MAP_00
InstallQFE =
InstQFEB4Drvs =

[FeatureSet1]

[MANUAL_MAP_00]
manual.chm = Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro

[SPEAKERPREF_MAP_00]

[QFE_MAP_00]

[QFE_MAP_01]

Apart from this, this installer gives the option to choose what you want to install from the X-Fi or Pro software; It is not like others that only have the option "Full installation".

SetupTypes = FULL, CUSTOM, DRIVERS_ONLY
MaintTypes = ADD, REMOVE, REPAIR, REMOVE_ALL

This is a point in favor, because we can choose what to install at the time.

Now, I'm going to upload this version to my mediafire, and I want you to take a look at it; If you think you can remove something that you will not need, or any improvement that you see fit and is favorable to enhance the software of this card ........ You will always be welcome, and apart you will benefit us. What do you think @alanfox2000 ?.

Note: This console is a latest version of the console included in the Gamespirit MODS, just change the name of the folder (EntCon), and the name of the main executable; called "EntC.exe; the version is this:

SoftwareSubPath = Entertainment Console
SoftwareID = ENTERTAINMENT_CONSOLE
SoftwareVersion = 3.01.02
SoftwareFriendlyName = Creative Entertainment Console

And the used in the Gamespirit Mods was 2.56, if I remember correctly.

I wait your answer.

Here`s the link to the X-Fi Go Pro in my Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/glvhc0v0q9jszl3/Sound_Blaster_X-Fi_Go_Pro_v.Win10.1.02.0082.7z/file

Last edited:
Guys after a while dolby atmos effect doesnt works and I must to use driver apo repair and works again.. pls help me

moizesml

Do you have in your software a option to "turn the volume down" on frequëncies? Like, I'm trying to do that on my eletric guitar.

Windows 10 silent update driver, to disable driver update:
https://www.howtogeek.com/302595/ho...from-automatically-updating-hardware-drivers/

If audio driver update, you need to load the ini and import reg again

Can anyone tell clear difference between two Dolby UWP Apps versions

2.x.xxx.x - What are this version, why we use this versions, if this versions & windows store versions are same
2.xxxx.xxx.x - This are Windows Store Dolby UWP Apps, full stable versions

Why New APO Driver v2.0.6 has options to select between this two Dolby UWP versions, both are same, then why to implement test versions in APO Driver

Answer this, I'am confused to decide between this two versions, better versions should be implemented in APO Driver, to get rid of confusions

One more thing, I think if UWP .NET Frameworks are included In APO Driver with Dolby UWP Driver selection option, it will solve many problems

Some people gets confused about this UWP .NET Frameworks, if implemented in APO Driver, it will be easy for people

Only Windows Store Dolby UWP version drivers with UWP .NET Frameworks should be in apo driver

Please anyone Answer this above question, I'am unable to decide

As above, I have been using the APO driver and it would be nice if the UWP .Net Frameworks were auto installed, it makes it easier for beginners to install the UWP apps like the Dolby and DTS ones. Props to making it though.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...driver-mod-for-windows-10.232921/post-3765377

How do @consoled get MB2 the black sound blaster console work?

As above, I have been using the APO driver and it would be nice if the UWP .Net Frameworks were auto installed, it makes it easier for beginners to install the UWP apps like the Dolby and DTS ones. Props to making it though.
I want to make a uwp runtime repack.
But I could not get the download link of all runtime from ms store. M$ store would not let you download if your PC have installed the runtimes. And win10 don't let me uninstall all these runtimes so I cannot get all runtime appx files.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
virtual audio-cable adds boat loads of latency when you use APO's

Which one of this Dolby UWP Apps version is latest & better without any errors

Tell me which is latest & error free

2.x.xxx.x
2.xxxx.xxx.x

picarito

Which one of this Dolby UWP Apps version is latest & better without any errors

Tell me which is latest & error free

2.x.xxx.x
2.xxxx.xxx.x
I kept getting driver can't load so had to clean install Windows and all good now.nor registry cleaner nor other clean tool helped