• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Releases Riing Trio 12 RGB: A Fan that Responds to Alexa

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thermaltake launches the latest Riing Trio 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack) today. A brand new flagship fan series and newly added member of the TT RGB PLUS Ecosystem. The Riing Trio provides LED lighting and fan speed customization via Thermaltake's patented TT RGB PLUS Software and TT AI Voice Control. Starting from the end of the third quarter of 2018, the Riing Trio will be officially Amazon Alexa supported. With the support of the Amazon Alexa Voice Service, users can sync the Riing Trio RGB lighting effects with local or international weather conditions.

In terms of the fan structure, the Riing Trio features a PWM controlled 120mm high-static pressure fan and 3 independent 16.8 million colors LED rings that are pre-installed with 30 addressable LEDs in total. Furthermore, the long-life hydraulic bearing and compression fan blade design guarantees excellent cooling performance and quiet operation.

Thermaltake TT RGB PLUS Ecosystem
TT RGB PLUS Ecosystem is the intelligent lighting system for PCs that combines the most advanced addressable LED lighting with Thermaltake's patented TT RGB PLUS Software. TT RGB PLUS ecosystem provides nearly unlimited possibilities for playing with colors, synchronizing lights to games, music, CPU temperatures or other TT RGB PLUS products, including case fans, CPU/VGA waterblocks, AIO CPU coolers, PSUs, LED strips and peripherals. The patented software allows users to change the light modes, colors, speeds, brightness, fan speeds, and even supports AI voice control in iOS and Android devices.

Features of the Thermaltake Riing Trio 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack):
Patented TT RGB PLUS Software & App
Monitor the fan performance, adjust the fan speeds, and customize the lighting effects for Thermaltake RGB PLUS series products with the patented TT RGB PLUS Software and an exclusively designed mobile app.

TT RGB PLUS App will support Riing Trio Series from the fourth quarter of 2018.

SyncALL, Say "Hello TT" - Thermaltake AI Voice Control
Talking to the TT RGB PLUS App is an easier, faster way to set lights for your systems. You can ask it to turn the lights on or off, switch lights modes, dim the lights, change light colors, or adjust lights speeds or fan speeds.

Sync with Razer Chroma Lighting
All Thermaltake TT RGB PLUS products are able to connect into the Razer Chroma ecosystem. Users who have installed both the TT RGB PLUS Software and Razer Synapse 3 can experience synchronized gaming and RGB lighting effects on their TT RGB PLUS liquid cooling system and gaming gear! From cool down timers, health bars, and flashy ultimate indicators, to subtle ambient lighting that sets the perfect mood for each game, Razer Chroma provides an experience that transcends the screen and into your full setup, for a truly immersive experience.

Works with Amazon Alexa
All Thermaltake TT RGB PLUS products support Amazon Alexa Voice Service, allowing you to control the lights or fan speeds by talking to the Alexa-enabled device. With the support of Amazon Alexa, TT RGB PLUS products also offer an additional visual cue for checking current weather condition in your location or anywhere in the world. All you have to do is simply starting the sentence with "Alexa, tell Thermaltake", then the lighting color will correspond to the weather condition in the location.

The World's 1st Three Independent 16.8 Million Colors LED Ring Design
Featuring 30 addressable LEDs (front: 12; middle: 6; back: 12), great light coverage, and uniform color and brightness, the built-in LED ring can paint your build with 16.8 million colors.

Digital Lighting Controller
The controller is designed with a DIP switch on the back. Hence, you can set a number for each controller easily. You can add up to 5 devices to one lighting controller and up to 16 controllers to the software. The controller and the coding guide are included in all packs.

PWM Controlled Fan with 9 Fan Blade Design
120mm PWM controlled fan with unique 9 blades design is engineered to generate higher airflow without compromising on ultra-silent operation.

Hydraulic Bearing with Low-Noise Design
The hydraulic bearing self-lubricates with a high-quality, friction-reducing substance, which lowers operation noise while improving thermal efficiency. The seal cap prevents lubricant leakage and extends the lifespan of the unit.

Anti-Vibration Mounting System
In-mold injection anti-vibration rubber pads provide a hassle-free usage with 80% protection coverage for all corners.

Availability, Warranty, Compatibility and Pricing
The new Riing Trio 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack) is now available for purchase, via the Thermaltake worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors. Riing Trio 12 RGB is backed by a two-year warranty and supported by the Thermaltake worldwide customer service and technical support network.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
Seriously, why would you want to ask Alexa to control your fans?

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
In-mold injection anti-vibration rubber pads provide a hassle-free usage with 80% protection coverage for all corners.

Huh, now that's interesting. Are there any other fans featuring these pads? Those molds are not cheap.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
So you can sound like you have lost your dog called Alexa in your own house i assume, I've seen Alexa in action, she Is a bit thick, or deaf

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Probably for the same reason you would ask Alexa to control your TT PSU :banghead:
Always dreamed about saying "Alexa, flush my toilet". The only thing I don't have for this project is a reliable and affordable electric valve. Might just need to settle on attaching a stepper motor to the flushing handle.

Huh, now that's interesting. Are there any other fans featuring these pads? Those molds are not cheap.
Lots, and they are actually cheap. Got a pair of deepcool 120mm fans with those pads for free last year (fortunately no LEDs, unfortunately no Alexa :D). Those are loud, but the airflow is excellent.
Also have about a dozen or two of cheap and really shitty 120mm LED fans from Gamemax (chinese "enthusiast" brand, costs only about $4-5 in retail) with exact same pads. Also got those free, but I usually tear the LED strip away and replace the wiring just to make it tolerable. Good for household projects like making a bathroom vent or ghetto-particle-filter for my workshop.

hat

Enthusiast
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Benchmark Scores >9000
Lots, and they are actually cheap. Got a pair of deepcool 120mm fans with those pads for free last year (fortunately no LEDs, unfortunately no Alexa :D). Those are loud, but the airflow is excellent.
Also have about a dozen or two of cheap and really shitty 120mm LED fans from Gamemax (chinese "enthusiast" brand, costs only about $4-5 in retail) with exact same pads. Also got those free, but I usually tear the LED strip away and replace the wiring just to make it tolerable. Good for household projects like making a bathroom vent or ghetto-particle-filter for my workshop.

I was wondering if that mold had already existed, and is now being used for these. Deepcool isn't Thermaltake obviously, but maybe they're owned by the same parent company, or maybe somebody else owns the mold and it's rented out to these companies or something.

Strange thing to talk about on TPU, anyways... I work in a plastics factory full of these injection molds, so that kinda stood out to me.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
I was wondering if that mold had already existed, and is now being used for these.
It's quite possible. MSI has pretty much the exact same design, just w/ different color parts. Might be the same OEM.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Last set of Tt fans I had the pads were stuck on and I could peel them off.

hat

Enthusiast
Benchmark Scores >9000
It's quite possible. MSI has pretty much the exact same design, just w/ different color parts. Might be the same OEM.

Could be. Coloring plastic parts made with injection molds is as simple as swapping out a dye bucket and maybe correcting some parameters for the different dye. It wouldn't surprise me if MSI/TT are just buying the frames of these fans and adding other parts, such as the motor, fan blades etc sourced from somewhere else.

Last set of Tt fans I had the pads were stuck on and I could peel them off.

Not sure about that one. It could be made in such a way where it's possible to peel them off, or it could be a different product with the pads attached with some type of adhesive. Going by the picture, it doesn't look like those pads are too far in the frame, so it could probably be peeled off.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Then you gonna talking to the fans

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
:) Its not Really for you :)
Its for those five eyes one of the Hidden Settings ( remote application) is the hypnotic strobe Setting for Remote Mind Control
:wtf:o_O:roll:

D

Deleted member 67555

My question is are they compatible with any of the 3 other RGB fan series they sell or are do they have a completely different connector?

Oh and those pads in the corners are nothing new for TT... Might be a different process tho.... And no flash molds are not expensive at all.. Specially not for easy cheap nexprene

System Name Xbox Series S
Processor AMD Zen2 8 core 3.6 GHz
Memory 10GB GDDR6
Video Card(s) RDNA2 with 20 CUs
Storage 512Gb SSD NVMe Internal + 8TB WD Black USB External
Display(s) Acer VG270U P 2k
So we can guess that TT can tell Alexa on certain days how much it "sucks" or "blows". :D

hat

Enthusiast
Benchmark Scores >9000
Oh and those pads in the corners are nothing new for TT... Might be a different process tho.... And no flash molds are not expensive at all.. Specially not for easy cheap nexprene

Cost usually mostly depends on the size of the mold. Even if the mold is relatively cheap, I still think it's a steep investment for some aftermarket fans. I'd expect it to be a larger mold though, one that can make many parts at once.

D

Deleted member 67555

Cost usually mostly depends on the size of the mold. Even if the mold is relatively cheap, I still think it's a steep investment for some aftermarket fans. I'd expect it to be a larger mold though, one that can make many parts at once.
My guess is it's a 9-12 piece mold...
Just a guess but they likely mold at least 9 fan 1/2 bodies (top and bottom) at a time in an injection mold then transfer the finished bodies with mold trim still attached near the corners to a flash mold and suck the softer corner pieces in place...definitely not cheap but not as expensive as an injection mold....These fans already require 4 injection molds and possibly a 5th if the corners aren't attached with a flash mold...
They aren't made with cheap plastic either...The body looks to be made of PBT, the corners seem to be nexprene and the RIING looks to be made of a clear 7100 PVC....
I'd guess assembly would be 2 min per unit...30 an hour per worker...
A 3-pack of these on sale will probably be $70...some time next year...lol
I think I paid $130 for a 3-pack of the RBG+ 140mm...
definitely not cheap but quality is high.

System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
"Alexa, Tell Thermaltake, No Thank you."
"Sorry, don't know that one"

For some reason, that doesn't work. :rolleyes: