• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kolink Announces the Levante: Ultimate Budget Computer Case

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Kolink have become a brand which works to bring quality, comprehensive case solutions, at an affordable price. The Levante is no exception - it offers quality design, fantastic value and pre-installed RGB fans/controller, featuring a double tempered glass panel design, full mesh front, PSU shroud, four pre-installed RGB Fans, an RGB controller and remote for just £72.95.

The case was designed with double glass panel design to show off RGB internals, but with the full mesh front and 12 small vents located in the top to provide that much needed airflow for high performance gaming builds.

An overview of the Kolink Levante:
  • Midi Tower case 440 x 206.5 x 475mm(HxWxD)
  • Holds up to E-ATX form factor motherboards
  • Fits graphics cards up to 380mm
  • Installs up to 6 x 120mm fans
  • Water-cooling support for 2 x 240mm radiators
  • Including RGB lighting controller and remote
  • PSU Shroud Included

Air-cooled out of the box with support for water-cooling
When it comes to configuring your build, the Levante supports up to an E-ATX sized motherboard and a full size 380mm GPU for both entry level and high-end specifications. Air-cooling comes from it's four pre-installed RGB LED fans, three behind the front mesh panel and one in the back. There's also the option for up to two additional 2 x 120mm top mounted fans, with 12 small mesh vents installed in the top of the case to increase air-flow. The built in RGB controller supports not only up to 6 x 120mm fans but also two LED strips.

If you'd prefer to watercool your build, the Levante can be configured with 2 x 240mm radiators mounted in the front and top panels, perfect for cooling both GPU and CPU.

Storage and connectivity options
The Kolink Levante has an abundance of storage options, with mounts for 3 x 3.5" HDD/SSD drives and 2 x 2.5" HDD/SSD drives. The front I/O located at the top of the case includes a USB 3.0 port, individual audio ports for mics and headphones, an RGB controller button and two USB 2.0 ports.

Finally a bundled PSU shroud helps present a clean finish to the finished system, with excellent cable management options that are essential for glass panel display.

SPECIFICATION:
  • Model: Levante
  • Form factor: Midi Tower Case
  • Motherboards Supported: E-ATX/ATX/M-ATX/ITX
  • Case Dimensions: 440 x 206.5 x 475mm
  • Type: Midi Tower Case
  • Colour: Matte Black with tempered glass side panels.
  • Case Material: 0.6mm Steel/Tempered Glass/Plastic/Mesh
  • Fans included: 4x 120mm Ring Rainbow RGB fans
  • Accessories included:
  • 1x RGB control box (supports up to 6 x fans and 2 x RGB strips with over 350 different options and modes)
  • remote control for RGB lighting
  • PSU shroud
  • Drive bays:
  • Supported GPU specifications: 380mm VGA cards (max)
  • Supported fan cooling components:
  • Front - 3 x 120mm RGB Ring Fan (included)
  • Rear - 1 x 120mm RGB Ring Fan(included)
  • Top - 2 x 120mm (optional)
  • Supported water cooling components:
  • Front - Up to 240mm
  • Top - Up to 240mm
  • External connections:
  • 1 x USB3.0 on the front
  • 2 x USB2.0
  • 2 x Audio ports(headphones & mic)

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Oh wow. They just mixed and matched several designs from Phanteks, CM and Corsair and put their sticker on it.

Apparently it takes a budget case to do the silenced top (roof) right. Too bad they cocked up the front by not doing the same. I don't get it why it's so hard to do such design. So far I've only seein it partially done on BeQuet cases and fully on CoolerMaster MC500M and Maker 5. It's almost as if no one is looking for an ultra quiet case anymore, for as long as it's all flashy with the stupid RGB...

If you cover the fans and leave sides or back open, you totally change the acoustic profile of the case. My crappy cheap Carbide 330R is like a day and night with front door closed or open. And yet it still gets tons of air even when closed. If only they made the top in same way...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Apparently it takes a budget case to do the silenced top (roof) right. Too bad they cocked up the front by not doing the same. I don't get it why it's so hard to do such design. So far I've only seein it partially done on BeQuet cases and fully on CoolerMaster MC500M and Maker 5. It's almost as if no one is looking for an ultra quiet case anymore, for as long as it's all flashy with the stupid RGB...

If you cover the fans and leave sides or back open, you totally change the acoustic profile of the case. My crappy cheap Carbide 330R is like a day and night with front door closed or open. And yet it still gets tons of air even when closed. If only they made the top in same way...

This roof setup is known to be very limiting to airflow. If you don't put pressure fans under there, you may as well just close it entirely. And even then... its a known drawback of the Phanteks Enthoo, which they copy pasted here.

I'm using 2x Corsair AF140 fans on my modified top and they do push quite some air out of very narrow gaps. The main problem is that cases have a removable frame for fans/radiators for such tops, meaning if top isn't sealed around fans, they'll just be recurculating own air instead of actually pushing it out (which now that I think of it I'll have to seal the open gaps around my fans too to achieve better airflow). It's why most cases suck with such top design. It's like people designing cases have zero knowledge of aero and thermo dynamics. Or they just simply don't care.

'Midi tower case'

Strange that there don't seem to be any ports on the case :D. I'd hardly call a $93 mid-tower a budget choice.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
lame..
lame....
same......
same..........

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
The price is okay, the air flow is adequate, but water cooling support is terrible. No room for front radiator without losing several storage mounts, and the tight fit on top is not good for any radiator. 360 rad could possbly be mounted in front, but you'd lose all storage space.