• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swiftech H360 X3 AIO

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Swiftech's latest all-in-one liquid CPU cooler comes with all the bells and whistles you could imagine. They push RGB illumination to the extreme by pairing their IRIS ALED system with Mayhems Pastel Nanofluid Coolant, which comes with various dyes. Add in the all-copper design, as well as excellent performance, and you have a cooler that makes standard AIOs look silly.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
nice to see something not Asetek driven

System Name Current
Processor i7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Noctua NHD15s
Memory 32GB G.Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 1070Ti
Storage WD SN-850 2TB
Display(s) LG Ultragear 27GL850-B
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic 1000W Titanium
Would definately take this over a standard AIO any day, but after my Swiftech h240-x’s pump died I’m too gun shy to get any pump that isn’t a Laing D5.

Plus those charts show just how impressive the NH-D15s does if your case can take it and you arn’t after LEDs.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
System Name anime_server//home_pc//rufy_pc//htpc//film_server
Processor EQ8300@3.03/E7200@3.16/E8400@3.06/E5300@2.93/J1900
Motherboard Asus P5Q-DLX/MSI G31M3-L V2/GA-G41M-ES2L/AsRock Conroe1333-D667/AsRock Q1900-ITX
Cooling CM Hyper48+Vantec Tornado/stock/Asus Triton/stock/stock
Memory 2*2G PI8000+2*1G Extreme800+/2*2G PC2-6400/1*2G+1*512M PC2-6400/2*1G Kingston PC2-6400/2*4G so-DDR3
Video Card(s) Palit GTX460 1GB w EK Supreme/GTS240 1GB/Asus HD4550 512MB/Asus 7200GS 128MB/iHD
Storage too many in too many config
Display(s) Asus VS239--BenQ G922HDL--Philips 191V--Panasonic TX-40CS620--BenQ 2220HDL
Case Chieftec super towa--Nokia Style--TechSolo TC-020--Lenovo Case--NXT one
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy!--onboard--onboard--onboard--onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX850 w Aerocool fan--Antec EA380--FSP-300-60GHS--crappy one--LC-Power LC7300
Software W7Pro x64--W8.1Pro--W7Pro x64--W7Pro--Win server 2012r2
Benchmark Scores need more GB, more GPU and more CPU.. at least can share all with my rig

those weird connection of the return tubing... something like "I want to restrict liquid flow like hell"

I think that price is ok, but what is meh is fan and engineering of the pump-reservoir.
something like thiis
is a better engineering, ok on a 360 rad it will be so looong, then take a 240 rad and use better fan, and a config like this is better suited for push-pull setup and will restrict less airflow (especially when fan spin over 1.5k rpm...

they made a good low fpi rad with high speed-fan that is not optimized nor for static pressure nor for high cfm.

i like clamp fittings over compression because easier to work with (especially if you work with 1/2" OD tubing :O )

HZCH

I don't get why all those AiO (CLC or not) are considered worth buying when compared to big aircoolers like the NH-D15s. This one's quieter and almost as good, and if you can with that behemoth of H360, you sure can slap an NH-D15s on the CPU instead. The only "reasonable" reason I see to buy the H360 is someone wanted to expand it to a full loop; and then, you'd have to take care of topping the reservoir again.

D

Deleted member 178884

I don't get why all those AiO (CLC or not) are considered worth buying when compared to big aircoolers like the NH-D15s.
I've used noctuas myself - amazing, but nothing like AIO's - AIO's are just too superior in looks and performance. Not everyone wants a bulky cooler.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I don't get why all those AiO (CLC or not) are considered worth buying when compared to big aircoolers like the NH-D15s. This one's quieter and almost as good, and if you can with that behemoth of H360, you sure can slap an NH-D15s on the CPU instead. The only "reasonable" reason I see to buy the H360 is someone wanted to expand it to a full loop; and then, you'd have to take care of topping the reservoir again.
Overclocking.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64

Because not everyone is comfortable strapping a ~1kg hunk of metal to their motherboard. Especially if they are transporting their PC. And in terms of system maintenance, air coolers of that size just get in the way.

1. Was disappointed in the cost cutting measures from previous models. Can the fittings be replaced with standard G-1/4 fittings as with previous models ?

2. I see noise has improved substantially (difference between Switch and best air coolers is half what was previously) from previous models . And the acrylic reservoir replaced by TG so that's a step up.

3. The fans are perfectly appropriate for the radiator used, probably won't see over 900 rpm in real world usage . High SP fans are uselss on low to medium fpi rads make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The SP concern is left over from the days when a 30 fpi radiator was "a thing".

4. The big question is , is it worth the cost ? When overclocking, not only do the $90 Noctua and Cryorig flagships come close to matching these things, kind of meaningless as long as the $45 Scythe Fuma also matches the $90 coolers. Sure you can create temps of concern using synthetics but the idea of testing is to perform such under realistic conditions ... they don't do vehicle crash testing by simuilating a car collision with a freight train at 70 mph. So if its a budget issue, then $45 Scythe versus $140 - $165 Swiftech is something to wrestle with. However, if it's between 2 x 120mm / 3 x 120mm Swiftech and any 2 x 120 or CLC / 3 x 120mm on the market, say a $165 Kraken, a a logical argument for a CLC simply can not be made. Then again, i wouldn't ship a liquid filled system either

5. Unless you will be shipping your PC back and forth to college each semester via FeEx Ground gorilas , the weight of the heat sink is not a concern. My son had a jeep set up for stiff for of road usage and he took his PC back and forth to college (5 round trips per year 300 miles each way) without issue. As long as not subject to shocks loading fom commercial shipping, the 2 pound heat sink is of no issue compared to the recommended 60 - 70 pounds of clamping force between heatsink / block and CPU

6. As I recall, the Swiftech pump (1.5 gpm) delivers about 14 times what the H100i pump (0.11 gpm) does ... have done several installations with older models including GFX card block and even pair of GFX card blocks and additional radiator.

7. Topping off the system or just augmenting the corrosion inhibitors after they reach and of life (18 mos) is simple if you plan accordingly. We install a M x M G1/4 extension on the side port with a Valve and Quick Disconnect fitting .... keep the 2nd half of the QD fitting in a drawer with 18" of tubing and when ready, just twist on the fitting , hold up the tube an add whatever ya like. Thats the issue with CLCs, when the corrosion inhibitors read end of useful life ..... then what ? And with mixed metals, the galvanic action is several orders of magnitude larger

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
1. Was disappointed in the cost cutting measures from previous models. Can the fittings be replaced with standard G-1/4 fittings as with previous models ?

2. I see noise has improved substantially (difference between Switch and best air coolers is half what was previously) from previous models . And the acrylic reservoir replaced by TG so that's a step up.

3. The fans are perfectly appropriate for the radiator used, probably won't see over 900 rpm in real world usage . High SP fans are uselss on low to medium fpi rads make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The SP concern is left over from the days when a 30 fpi radiator was "a thing".

4. The big question is , is it worth the cost ? When overclocking, not only do the $90 Noctua and Cryorig flagships come close to matching these things, kind of meaningless as long as the $45 Scythe Fuma also matches the $90 coolers. Sure you can create temps of concern using synthetics but the idea of testing is to perform such under realistic conditions ... they don't do vehicle crash testing by simuilating a car collision with a freight train at 70 mph. So if its a budget issue, then $45 Scythe versus $140 - $165 Swiftech is something to wrestle with. However, if it's between 2 x 120mm / 3 x 120mm Swiftech and any 2 x 120 or CLC / 3 x 120mm on the market, say a $165 Kraken, a a logical argument for a CLC simply can not be made. Then again, i wouldn't ship a liquid filled system either

5. Unless you will be shipping your PC back and forth to college each semester via FeEx Ground gorilas , the weight of the heat sink is not a concern. My son had a jeep set up for stiff for of road usage and he took his PC back and forth to college (5 round trips per year 300 miles each way) without issue. As long as not subject to shocks loading fom commercial shipping, the 2 pound heat sink is of no issue compared to the recommended 60 - 70 pounds of clamping force between heatsink / block and CPU

6. As I recall, the Swiftech pump (1.5 gpm) delivers about 14 times what the H100i pump (0.11 gpm) does ... have done several installations with older models including GFX card block and even pair of GFX card blocks and additional radiator.

7. Topping off the system or just augmenting the corrosion inhibitors after they reach and of life (18 mos) is simple if you plan accordingly. We install a M x M G1/4 extension on the side port with a Valve and Quick Disconnect fitting .... keep the 2nd half of the QD fitting in a drawer with 18" of tubing and when ready, just twist on the fitting , hold up the tube an add whatever ya like. Thats the issue with CLCs, when the corrosion inhibitors read end of useful life ..... then what ? And with mixed metals, the galvanic action is several orders of magnitude larger

Fittings on the block can be replaced they are standard G1/4 and this time around they are ACTUALLY G1/4 unlike the H220x2 and H320 X2 / Prestige kits etc. Where the CPU block while G1/4 thread would not take other brands fittings (i know i have a prestige tried to reuse the block with EK fittings and its a no go. This time around that problem as been rectified.

As for cost cutting the fittings are pretty much the only area they scaled back to any serious degree. For clamp style fittings they aren't all that bad better than some i have worked with at list they look clean.

Because not everyone wants those monsters hanging from their Mobos, blocking most of it, creating space issues with other parts and lacking "flash" for the people that like that.
Also, unlike air coolers, AIOs give you a lot more flexibility. I can for example, install it on the front of my case to get cool air from the outside where an Air Cooler will be taking the air that is around the center of the case which could be hot air from the GPU for example.
So yeah...PLENTY of reasons to pick AIOs...and I used to have a Noctua with triple fans back in the day but after I went AIO, never turned back ;)

So I was really looking forward to this review as I am considering this unit vs the Artic Liquid Freezer 360 or even other options like Deepcool 360 EX. My main concern is the size of the pump area in my case is likely going to cause issues (HAF-X). Still trying to decide on which one for my new 9900k build...