• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fixing Headphone driver

Ted Flintstone

So first of all, I'm fairly new to soldering and headphone repair so bear with me a little. I tried to fix a pair of Beyerdynamic dt 770s that had a short, and...I slipped with my iron and one of the connectors on the drivers came off. Now, im not too bummed about it, they were sitting in a box for like 3 years, but im wondering if there is any way to fix them or if I just completely broke them?
20181031_020954.jpg20181031_021005.jpg

If you can find the wire that the solder point was supposed to be hooked up to you can probably just solder a wire directly to that and then glue it in place for strain relief. Be careful though the wires that are attached to the solder points outside the driver housing is very thin as it hooks up to the voice coil on the other end. If you pull it too far you will just end up with a driver that distorts.

Ted Flintstone

Okay thank you! It turns out the driver isnt even getting a reading from a multimeter anyway so I think it is broken.