• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Announces Quadro RTX 4000 Graphics Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
NVIDIA today introduced the Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card - the company's first midrange professional GPU powered by the NVIDIA Turing architecture and the NVIDIA RTX platform. Unveiled at the annual Autodesk University Conference in Las Vegas, the Quadro RTX 4000 puts real-time ray tracing within reach of a wider range of developers, designers and artists worldwide.

Professionals from the manufacturing, architecture, engineering and media creation industries witnessed a seismic shift in computer graphics with the launch of Turing in August. The field's greatest leap since the invention of the CUDA GPU in 2006, Turing features new RT Cores to accelerate ray tracing and next-gen Tensor Cores for AI inferencing which, together for the first time, make real-time ray tracing possible.

The Quadro RTX 4000 features a power-efficient, single-slot design that fits in variety of workstation chassis. Other benefits include:
  • Significant performance improvements - 8GB of ultra-fast GDDR6 graphics memory technology provides over 40 percent more memory bandwidth than the previous generation Quadro P4000.
  • 36 RT Cores - enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
  • 288 Turing Tensor Cores for 57 teraflops of deep learning performance - accelerate neural network training and inference, which are critical to powering AI-enhanced rendering, products and services.
  • Hardware support for VirtualLink - new open industry standard meets the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C connector.
  • Improved performance of VR applications - new and enhanced technologies include Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
  • Video encode and decode engines - accelerate video creation and playback for multiple video streams with resolutions up to 8K.
Among early users of the Quadro RTX 4000 is the global architectural firm CannonDesign. Ernesto Pacheco, director of visualization at the company, had this to say:

"Our designers need tools that unleash their creative freedom to design amazing buildings. Real-time rendering with the new Quadro RTX 4000 is unbelievably fast and smooth right out of the gate - no latency and the quality and accuracy of the lighting is outstanding. It will enable us to accelerate our workflow and let our designers focus on the design process without the technology slowing them down."

See the Quadro RTX 4000 at Autodesk University

This week at Autodesk University, NVIDIA is in booth C1201 demonstrating the powerful new capabilities of Quadro RTX GPUs. Designers, engineers and artists can interact in real time with their complex designs and visual effects in ray-traced photo-realistic detail and realize increased throughput with their rendering workloads for significant time and cost savings.

Visit our booth to experience a real-time, immersive walkthrough powered by the Quadro RTX 4000. By deploying the Enscape3D plugin and strapping on an HMD, you'll step inside a full-scale Autodesk Revit model and make changes in real time.

"We're working with NVIDIA at Autodesk University to showcase how Autodesk Revit, powered by NVIDIA Turing's RTX platform, can bring the power of real-time photorealistic rendering to enable millions of designers and architects to create and visualize content in a new way," said Nicolas Mangon, vice president of AEC strategy and marketing at Autodesk. "By reviewing models in an immersive context, teams can collaborate and interact with their data for real-time problem solving."
OEM Support

Leading OEMs have voiced their support for new Turing-based Quadro RTX 4000 GPUs:
"We are excited to offer the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000, 5000 and 6000 GPUs on select Dell Precision rack and tower workstation platforms from next quarter. These new solutions will help customers to work smarter and faster, and the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 will equip AI/ML ecosystems for associated workflows such as model inferencing. Dell Precision customers have already been reaping the benefits of integrated AI / ML technology on their devices. Launched earlier this year, the Dell Precision Optimizer 5.0 tool employs a trained machine learning model to automatically adjust the system, optimize settings and deliver up to 552 percent improvement in application performance."

- Tom Tobul, vice president and general manager of Commercial Specialty Products at Dell.

"The ability for real-time ray tracing is driving the greatest advancement in computer graphics in almost two decades. The amazing horsepower of Z by HP Workstations combined with the new capabilities of one or more Quadro RTX 4000 GPUs means millions of creatives, engineers and other professionals can create their best work ever."

- Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager of Z by HP at HP Inc.

"The power and possibilities of the new NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 will change the way many of our customers will create and design the world around them. Lenovo is proud to support this latest addition to the Quadro RTX family across our ThinkStation P Series portfolio. Together, creative and technical professionals will now be able to unlock new levels of performance and AI-based capabilities in order to make more informed decisions faster and tackle demanding design and visualization workloads with ease."

- Rob Herman, general manager of the Lenovo Workstation & Client AI Group at Lenovo.

Availability and Pricing
The Quadro RTX 4000 will be available starting December on nvidia.com and from leading workstation manufacturers, including Dell, HPI and Lenovo, and authorized distribution partners, including PNY Technologies in North America and Europe, ELSA/Ryoyo in Japan, and Leadtek and Ingram in Asia Pacific.

Developers can access the powerful new capabilities of NVIDIA RTX through industry-leading OptiX, DXR and Vulkan APIs. Estimated street price for the Quadro RTX 4000 is $900.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
The Quadro RTX 4000 features a power-efficient, single-slot design that fits in variety of workstation chassis.

This is basically an RTX 2070. How the hell can they manage a single slot design for Quadro, yet require 2-3 slots for every consumer design? I want single slot designs back in consumer space. No, wait. I demand it! :D

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
@btarunr this card is a TU104 by the Device ID :D so it has tu106 core config but its TU104

System Name Windows 8 x64
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 3.7GHz
Motherboard ASROCK N68C-S UCC
Memory Kingston 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 (KHX1600C9D3X1K2/8GX ) HyperX Black Edition
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD4850
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3, HD502HJ, 16MB - 500G; Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EADS - 1,5TB
Case CoolerMaster Elite 310,ATX,black-blue
Power Supply Fortron FSP700-80BPN - 700W (85Plus)
This is basically an RTX 2070. How the hell can they manage a single slot design for Quadro, yet require 2-3 slots for every consumer design? I want single slot designs back in consumer space. No, wait. I demand it! :D
This thing will be very loud under load.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
This thing will be very loud under load.
Not necessarily, we don't know how high this is clocked. Though yes, blower type coolers aren't famous for being silent.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
Not necessarily, we don't know how high this is clocked. Though yes, blower type coolers aren't famous for being silent.

1215 base clock and up to 1545-1710 boost

Last edited:

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
1215 base clock and up to 1540-1710 boost
So, quite slower than the base 2070, but with a higher boost. Could still be silent enough...

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

Perhaps they only have a single row of display connectors (2, 3, or 4) and slimmer profile fans, which would require less width to accomodate ???

All Quadro cards are under-clocked and under-voltage, compared with the gaming cards, to keep the power low and make possible those single-slot solutions.

What it made me laugh is the Autodesk University statement/showcase how Autodesk Revit "powered by NVIDIA Turing's RTX platform, can bring the power of real-time photorealistic rendering to enable millions of designers and architects to create and visualize content in a new way"
Well, it's nothing "special" about RTX there, since Revit uses good ol' DirectX 11 (with Shader Model 5).

Proberly depends on the workload the card is given. That thing is not sticking to it's highest boost state if you supply it with some work to chew on.

Btw: quaddro and geforce are actually the same chips; where the quaddro is simply the top of the line with ECC, extensive driver support and what more. Gaming cards on the other hand are what you call drop-off quaddro chips. They dont need ECC nor absolute top stability.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive