• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA Officially Announces Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn Remaster - No Microtransactions

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
EA today has announced that which we were already hoping and expecting: remasters of the Command & Conquer series of videogames. The publisher has officially announced thew initiative, which will start in the very beginning of the series: Tiberian Dawn. This will be the first of a series of efforts on the series, though, as EA will be looking to start remastering Red Alert as soon as Tiberian Dawn is released (always pending, of course, consumer reception). As an added bonus, DLC released for the original games will be bundled right alongside the remastered versions, so it really is the definitive package.

EA has partnered with Petroglyph for this undertaking, aided by Lemon Sky Studios, to help bring these original games to 4K glory, with improved assets and visuals that stay true to the original vision for the games. I for one am waiting intently. But i'd just like to take a passing shot at the industry at large here: don't you know the world has turned a sour point when "no microtransactions" becomes a boast and sales marketing strategy?

Command & Conquer community,

It was over 25 years ago when Brett Sperry and I (at Westwood Studios) worked to create a game that mixed together elements of Populous, Civilization, Herzog Zwei, and Military Madness games. Brett Sperry was visionary and I was lead programmer and designer. The result was Dune II. The first game of a new genre -- Real-Time Strategy. The subsequent game, Command & Conquer (C&C), is where the RTS genre really took off. It combined video recorded actors, rendered 3D video sequences, alternate story endings, an enigmatic villain (Kane), free multiplayer for your friend (only 1 CD was required to play and the game came with 2 CDs), context-sensitive mouse control, and two unique factions that didn't play by the same rules.

C&C didn't turn out as we originally envisioned. I had initially designed the game to be set in a fantasy world with three factions -- humans, wizards, magical beasts. Some months into development, Brett Sperry decided to redirect the game toward modern military for two main reasons. The gulf war was in the news so this was more relatable to gamers at the time, and also because we believed fantasy was too niche. I saw this new direction for C&C as being closer to turning my childhood experiences of playing with plastic soldiers in a sandbox into "reality" so to speak. Thus Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn was born.

The positive reaction to the game was intense. C&C was the right kind of game that arrived at the right time.

We should have seen the clues that C&C would be a success. The QA department would have difficulty testing for bugs since they could not resist losing focus to play for fun and try to win against each other instead of the more "boring" bug-testing they were actually assigned. The rest of the studio would play the game in the late afternoon and into the early evening. I would take careful notes and then make changes overnight to start the process over again the next day.

As soon as C&C was released, we immediately started working on an expansion pack that would pivot to alternate history with a post WW II feel. We kept adding more units, backstory twists (w/ Kane), more elaborate interstitial video sequences (still campy though), and new gameplay features. It became so massive an expansion that we just had to turn it into a stand-alone game in its own right -- C&C: Red Alert. Players seemed to love this game just as much as the original C&C!

Over the years, I've received C&C related gifts, fan mail, and anecdotes, and two fans even got matching GDI and Nod tattoos! The most common request is to bring C&C back to its roots like the original Command & Conquer and Red Alert. My answer was always the same: "Yes that would be great! Electronic Arts (EA) is the gatekeeper for C&C though. If they are on board, so am I!"

So here we are 20+ years later and EA has reached out to us regarding C&C. They had decided it was about time to revisit the original C&C games to give the fans what they had been asking for. Petroglyph has many former Westwood employees and is a perfect fit for bringing the original Command & Conquer games back to life. I'm excited to revisit the original Command & Conquer and Red Alert for our legacy fans, along with introducing the games to a new audience! Our battle-plan mission is to "remaster" rather than "remake" the original C&C games. That definition is a little fuzzy around the edges and that is where you come in.

I'm looking forward to re-engaging with the fans of the series as we bring the Command & Conquer franchise back to its roots of "easy to play, difficult to master". We're eager to provide an experience that takes advantage of enhanced connectivity, graphics features, and other technology improvements that weren't around back in 1995. As we begin to craft the plan that will kick off the development phase of the project I'm eager to hear what else fans are looking for. If you could turn back the clock, what would you have wanted in the original C&C games? How true to a remaster should we adhere do? What modern improvements can be added without deviating from the core game? Balance changes? We will be starting development soon, so now is the time to let your voice be heard.

Joe Bostic

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Built By Me
Processor Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Custom Water Cooling - CPU Only
Memory 32GB (2 x 16) GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 - ASUS ROG Strix 16GB OC - P Mode
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF @ 280 Hz @ 1440P
Case Fractal Design Define S2
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso Pro
Power Supply 850W Seasonic Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper V2 Pro @ 2k Hz
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless - ROG NX Snow Switches
Software Windows 11 Pro
Here is an official EA page on the reveal as well: https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered.

I can not wait for this to come out. I was around four years old when the first C&C came out, but I can vaguely remember playing some of the C&C games with my father in the mid to late 90's. Just looking at the CD cover just gets to my feels.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
So whats the catch? There is ALWAYS a catch with EA.

I'm still waiting for all the old C&C games to appear on GoG. I refuse to install origin for a single publisher, especially to play some old 16 bit strategy games.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

I'm still waiting for all the old C&C games to appear on GoG. I refuse to install origin for a single publisher, especially to play some old 16 bit strategy games.

Hehe exactly my thought when scrolling down, but what I'm reading so far did get me warm and fuzzy.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64

The catch will be the price i guess.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
...Tiberian Dawn? Is that a new name?

Also, Petroglyph is a good choice. My personal favourite of the series is probably Tiberian Sun. On the whole though I never quite liked the C&C games, not even Red Alert. They were good, but I much prefered Warcraft and Starcraft. I never liked the units, or rather the lack of statistics. How good is that tank? I've no idea, apart from it makes a green line smaller faster than the other tank. Awesome lightning weapons! But I've no idea how much damage they do. Ooohh supertank! But oh no there's no way to tell if it's even useful to me right now. It's the reason I never got into Battle Realms despite adoring basically everything about the game.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
...Tiberian Dawn? Is that a new name?

Also, Petroglyph is a good choice. My personal favourite of the series is probably Tiberian Sun. On the whole though I never quite liked the C&C games, not even Red Alert. They were good, but I much prefered Warcraft and Starcraft. I never liked the units, or rather the lack of statistics. How good is that tank? I've no idea, apart from it makes a green line smaller faster than the other tank. Awesome lightning weapons! But I've no idea how much damage they do. Ooohh supertank! But oh no there's no way to tell if it's even useful to me right now. It's the reason I never got into Battle Realms despite adoring basically everything about the game.

Heh funny that is how you looked at those bars. I just knew exactly how many shots it would take for each unit at some point, to kill most other units. In the end it's the same abstraction of the numbers, isn't it?

And by the way, didn't Warcraft 3 have variable damage numbers as well? I'm quite sure it did.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
I know a lot of people really enjoyed the series, but I never got it into it. I even went as far some years back to purchase a Command & Conquer Collection (here's an amazon link to the one I had - https://www.amazon.com/Command-Conquer-Collection-PC/dp/B0000CE1J2 )

Granted, this was a good decade or more after the series had already been out. I installed and played a couple of the games, but I just couldn't get into them. The last RTS game I played and enjoyed was Company of Heroes and after that game I kind of lost my taste for RTS games. So when I tried the C&C games, I just wasn't into them.

My suggestion, anyone that wants the older version would be to pickup one of the C&C collection boxes. I don't think EA will sell it on another platform. They want Origin to keep going strong.

System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
Sadly I don't believe EA saying that there will be no microtranscations, as EA is greedy as f@#$ and will milk any cow until it is just a decaying skeleton

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Heh funny that is how you looked at those bars. I just knew exactly how many shots it would take for each unit at some point, to kill most other units. In the end it's the same abstraction of the numbers, isn't it?

So you played by trial and error. Which is fine I suppose but it really shouldn't be necessary. And it's kinda the same thing except that the presentation that includes numbers are so much better in every single way. I shouldn't have to play for hours and memorizing details and paying attention to shots fired to get through a campaign. And is there armour? Do units have strenghts and weaknesses, IE doing more damage to some units and less to others? I have no idea. I'm not asking for detailed in game guides to a rock-paper-scissor system or anything or Build X to Counter Y popups, just basic information about the units I'm using. Again I'm using Battle Realms as a bad example (made by ex Westwood people): every single unit had special abilites. Attacking uphill gives a penalty to attack, except for Spearmen. The cannon guys has an idle sort of clownish animation which makes the peasants work faster. The Mauler has a jumping attack animation that while the animation plays gives him a height advantage. Awesome stuff, but you have to read about it in the manual because there's no info about it in the game and absolutely zero way to know exactly how much the abilities matter, which makes the whole point moot. It was the same with C&C. Just rush to the most expensive unit, build a million of them and send them in. Hyperbole, but still.

Weirdly a C&C game without these qualities wouldn't be a C&C game and so I don't wish for them to implement it in any C&C game, new or old. It just really grinds my gears because I really want to like the games, and I do, but I find them so very frustrating to play.

And by the way, didn't Warcraft 3 have variable damage numbers as well? I'm quite sure it did.

All Warcrafts did.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I hope Red Alert comes with the Aftermath expansion so I can play the secret Ant campaign.

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Man, the original Command and Conquer was my first RTS experience. I'm excited for this. I really hope they remaster Tiberian Sun as well at some point. Though admittedly, CNCNet.org has done a quite commendable job at making all the free C&C's including the ones here, to work on modern OSes AND have working MP.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Might have to re buy them all if they come out :) 4k remastered versions on nice optical media, I'm sold!! :)

There's nothing more better then the smell of burned bodies caused by a tesla-coil.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
They better do the game justice with the remaster.
There is OpenRA for the fans to fall back to :)

There's nothing more better then the smell of burned bodies caused by a tesla-coil.
Sure there is. Say hello to my Obelisk of Light! :D ;)

Here is an official EA page on the reveal as well: https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered.

I can not wait for this to come out. I was around four years old when the first C&C came out, but I can vaguely remember playing some of the C&C games with my father in the mid to late 90's. Just looking at the CD cover just gets to my feels.

Same, this game brings me old memories from childhood. Still remember me and 2 friends staring in front of the 15 inch CRT trying to complete Tanya mission from Red Alert.

Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
I wonder if I will get a discount for each remaster? I have the whole C&C collection on Origin, it doesn't run so well...

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I wonder if I will get a discount for each remaster? I have the whole C&C collection on Origin, it doesn't run so well...

your 'discount' will be in the value of more microtransactions.

I dont believe this even for a second. Especially since its EA. if they dont add it on day one, then they'll add it later on just like Activision with CoD.

System Name The Money Sink
Processor Intel i7-5960X at 4.60Ghz
Motherboard MSI X99A Godlike
Cooling Custom watercooling loop, single D5 -> CPU, dual D5 -> GPU's
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080Ti @ Stock for the moment (40oC LOAD)
Storage 960GB Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe and 2 x 512GB M.2 SSD RAID0
Display(s) Dual Curved LG 34" Display
Power Supply EVGA 1600W G2
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores ALOT
For those who want a (legal) fix right now, please give OpenRA a try.

They're pretty excited about this release too, so I can only imagine it'll bring more to the table than their offering!

http://www.openra.net/

There's a small online community, everyone is damn good though so be prepared!

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
i'd just like to take a passing shot at the industry at large here: don't you know the world has turned a sour point when "no microtransactions" becomes a boast and sales marketing strategy?
The question is pointless. Of course they know, but as long as the target audience buys into that, they have no reason to care.

Processor i7 3770k @4.3GHZ
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory g.skill Sniper 1600 4GB x4
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX480 4GB
Storage Crucial MX100 x2
Display(s) LG 25UM56-P 25"
Case Antec 1100
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/27435174
If they add certain modern convenience features RTS players are accustomed to now, it will require some rebalancing. The games weren't made to have unit queues of a couple dozen units constantly popping out. It was expected that attacking or micromanaging your troops would take away from your production capability.

For those who want a (legal) fix right now, please give OpenRA a try.

For now. A lot of times cease and desists start flying when remasters start up.