• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Announces the Rapture GT-AX11000 - World's First Tri-band 802.11ax Router

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced that the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Wi-Fi gaming router is now available. Featuring support for the latest 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) standard, which includes a variety of new technologies that improve Wi-Fi speed and increase network capacity and coverage, ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 satisfies gamers' demands for ultrafast, networking performance and reliability. As a gaming router, it also offers numerous additional features designed to provide the best online gaming experiences, including triple-level gaming acceleration to reduce ping times and provide low latency gameplay, Game Radar to let gamers find the best game server before connecting, Open NAT for simple, three-step port forwarding and dynamic frequency selection (DFS) to avoid interference from other wireless devices.

To support the latest Wi-Fi features and keep the network running smoothly even when there are many connected devices, ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core CPU that delivers smooth and responsive performance. A 2.5G Ethernet port gives gamers with 5G LAN on their motherboards or 10G network adapters the ultimate wired networking solution. ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is the first ROG router with Aura RGB lighting, which can display millions of colors and multiple effects for elevated gaming style. Additionally, a customizable hardware button lets users instantly enable or disable Aura RGB lighting, Game Boost or DFS without using the ASUS Router app or web interface.
Boosted speed, capacity and coverage with 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6)

With the latest 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) technology, ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 supports 160 MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM to provide ultrafast Wi-Fi speeds of up to 11000Mbps, 2.3X faster than Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) 4x4 tri-band routers. Many Wi-Fi 5 devices, such as smartphones and PCs, already support 160MHz bandwidth, so users can enjoy the faster speeds offered by Wi-Fi 6 instantly with a supported device. In addition to boosting Wi-Fi speeds, the Wi-Fi 6 standard offers increased network capacity and efficiency to address the massive increase in the number of connected devices in recent years. There are often multiple people and other connected devices on a home network simultaneously, which with previous Wi-Fi versions could result in unacceptable slowdowns for users when gaming online. ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 features a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology that provides up to 4X better network efficiency and capacity. OFDMA also enables ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 to provide up to 80% greater coverage than previous-generation routers, giving mobile gamers more freedom to game where they like while enjoying smooth performance. Additionally, Target Wait Time (TWT) technology delivers up to 7X better battery life for connected devices.

Wi-Fi 6 is fully backwards compatible with previous Wi-Fi standards, so users can connect any Wi-Fi device to ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 and enjoy a seamless networking experience. Even if users do not yet own any devices compatible with Wi-Fi 6, they can still enjoy improved signal coverage and faster Wi-Fi speeds on their current devices with ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 due to its improved hardware design and use of the latest chipsets and components.

Dedicated networking features for gaming
ROG Rapture series routers are designed to provide the best networking experiences for gamers, satisfying their needs for low latency and total control of their LAN and WAN connections.

Triple-level game acceleration prioritizes gaming packets from the gaming device to the game server. ROG has revamped the first step of triple-level game acceleration on ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 for gamers using ROG notebooks, desktops and motherboards that support GameFirst V. GameFirst V software lets users control gaming prioritization on their device. It now also integrates router controls within the software interface, enabling users to activate Game Boost, the second step of triple-level game acceleration, with just one click.

Game Boost prioritizes gaming packets within the local network, ensuring smooth gaming performance even if other network users are streaming video or performing other high-bandwidth activities. In-game testing has shown that enabling both GameFirst V and Game Boost reduces ping times by more than 33% compared to competitor's solutions.

The third step of triple-level gaming acceleration is built-in support for wtfast , a service that optimizes connections to ensure the shortest path to game servers around the world. With all three steps - GameFirst V, Game Boost and wtfast - of triple-level game acceleration enabled, ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 provides up to 90% lower ping times for dramatically smoother online gaming experiences.

Although wtfast provides the shortest path to the current game server, gamers may not know the status of the server before joining and will have to join at least one game to see if the server offers a good connection. Because each match matters, ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 offers Game Radar, which lets gamers check ping times to different servers before playing, so they can choose to join a game with the best connection and gain a competitive edge.

Console and PC gamers may sometimes encounter network address translation (NAT) issues that prevent teaming up with other players or being able to host a match. While most routers provide NAT configuration abilities, it is often a complicated process. To make this process easier, ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 offers NAT Open, a new feature that provides NAT configuration in three simple, guided steps.

ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 dedicates an entire Wi-Fi band for gaming, preventing competition for network bandwidth with other wireless devices. It also supports dynamic frequency selection (DFS), which unlocks the least congested channels within the 5GHz band, ensuring minimal interference for smooth and fast gaming.

ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is the first ROG router with Aura RGB lighting, which can display millions of colors and multiple effects for a stylish vibe that matches their other Aura-enabled gaming gear.
High-performance hardware

802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) is designed to handle dense Wi-Fi environments, so ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is built with a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core CPU that provides processing power to keep even the busiest networks running smoothly. Additionally, a 2.5G Ethernet port provides ultrafast wired connectivity, perfect for 5G motherboards and 10G adapters, and link aggregation enables data transmission speeds of up to 2Gbps, ideal for network attached storage (NAS) devices. A customizable hardware button lets users conveniently enable or disable Aura RGB lighting, Game Boost or DFS without using the ASUS Router app or web interface.
Advanced software features

ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 comes with lifetime free AiProtection Pro, commercial-grade network security powered by Trend Micro that protects all connected devices within the network, even those that cannot run security software, such as IoT devices. AiProtection Pro regularly auto-updates its security signatures from the Trend Micro database to ensure network security is always up to date.

Support for ASUS AiMesh allows users to create a mesh Wi-Fi system by connecting other supported ASUS and ROG AiMesh routers to their network, letting them enjoy whole-home coverage with seamless roaming, synchronized features and centralized control.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Threadripper 1950X (4.0 GHz OC)
Motherboard ASRock X399 Professional Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqtech TR4
Memory 48GB DDR4 2934MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 1080, GTX 660TI
Storage 2TB Western Digital HDD, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 280GB Intel Optane 900P
Display(s) 2x 1920x1200
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro M (1000W)
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2
Software Windows 10
Needs more antennae.

Last edited:

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
It's a wifi spider.

D

Deleted member 158293

If Asus would make an 8 port version, and NOT make it look like a pre-teen designed it, this actually doesn't look like a bad home router with network aggregation support for NAS. With only 4 ports, it makes link aggregation almost pointless.

System Name O-Clock
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K @ 52x/49x 8c8t
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Gene
Cooling Corsair H170i Elite Cappelix w/ NF-A14 iPPC IP67 fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ @3900 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Black
Storage Samsung 983 ZET 960GB, 2x WD SN850X 4TB
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 1
Power Supply EVGA 1600 T2 w/ NF-A14 iPPC IP67 fan
Mouse Logitech G403 Wireless (PMW3366)
Keyboard Logitech G910 Stickerbombed
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773
Apparantly TP-Link's AX11000 router is nothing to Asus... I am PRETTY sure TP-Link made the world's first Tri-band AX11000 router, not Asus. Like you guys said A DAY BEFORE in your article right here: https://www.techpowerup.com/250493/...her-ax6000-and-ax11000-802-11ax-wi-fi-routers:) If anything, Asus did NOT make the world's first AX11000 router.

If Asus would make an 8 port version, and NOT make it look like a pre-teen designed it, this actually doesn't look like a bad home router with network aggregation support for NAS. With only 4 ports, it makes link aggregation almost pointless.
Um, I am pretty sure a 12 year old could not design something like this. Just making the 3D models requires immense knowledge of CAD software itself (to know how to even make all those shapes). Please don't use irrelevant terms when trying to prove a point. Also, this is clearly a GAMING router, not a SERVER router. This therefore, invalidates your whole argument. Link aggregation? It's called a gaming router. Don't buy it if you won't use it for gaming, it's that simple. It is like buying a Bugatti to tow a trailer; pretty stupid and inefficient usage of an object.

Last edited:
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
hummm...this seems eerily similar to the TP link models posted a few days ago......

Apparently the spider legs/temple of Hades look is a thing now, in addition to "moar RGB everywhere" and that over-hyped, all-inclusive but useless "Gaming" motto, so I guess we'll just have to live with it :)

System Name O-Clock
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 1
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773
hummm...this seems eerily similar to the TP link models posted a few days ago......

Apparently the spider legs/temple of Hades look is a thing now, in addition to "moar RGB everywhere" and that over-hyped, all-inclusive but useless "Gaming" motto, so I guess we'll just have to live with it :)
TP-Link cannot copyright the antenna positioning, because they are placed where they are placed for a performance reason, not a proprietary reason. (As in, the user can change the location of the antennas)

The RT-AX88U says hello. It's "only" dual band but it has 8 ports and supports Link Aggregation (I have one myself).

Mingle

Apparantly TP-Link's AX11000 router is nothing to Asus... I am PRETTY sure TP-Link made the world's first Tri-band AX11000 router, not Asus. Like you guys said A DAY BEFORE in your article right here: https://www.techpowerup.com/250493/...her-ax6000-and-ax11000-802-11ax-wi-fi-routers:) If anything, Asus did NOT make the world's first AX11000 router.

Um, I am pretty sure a 12 year old could not design something like this. Just making the 3D models requires immense knowledge of CAD software itself (to know how to even make all those shapes). Please don't use irrelevant terms when trying to prove a point. Also, this is clearly a GAMING router, not a SERVER router. This therefore, invalidates your whole argument. Link aggregation? It's called a gaming router. Don't buy it if you won't use it for gaming, it's that simple. It is like buying a Bugatti to tow a trailer; pretty stupid and inefficient usage of an object.

The GT-AX11000 was announced by Asus in June.

The Archer AX11000 was announced by TP-Link in late August.

The GT-AX11000 is available to buy now and has been for several weeks.

The Archer AX11000 will not be available until at least January 2019. Knowing TP-Link that's more than likely going to slip into February or March.

So yes the Asus GT-AX11000 was the first (you just need to look back further than a few days to realise it). #Goldfish

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)

Do you have actual proof that TP-Link made it first? A press release in no way proves when something was created first. The words "Announced", "Created", and "Made" do not mean the same thing. Let's see some sources cited, if you're so sure.

"Design" can consist of "I want it to look like this", which a 12-year-old can do. I'm not sure if you're a native English speaker, but this is well understood by most English speakers. Trying to attach random technicalities, to make the statement or words untrue, doesn't work, speaking of "irrelevant terms".

There's an episode of George RR Martin's NightFlyers series which has a spider robot / drone thing that slices a few folks up with it's laser ... if I got one of those, my kids wouldn't sleep.

Related story ... network went down and it was one of those nights where the quick shutdown wait 30 seconds, restart didn't cut it. So did the a) shutdown 14 network devices, yank plugs on modem / switch / router wait 30 minutes, boot modem ... wait 20 min., boot router ... wait 20 min, boot switch routines was in order. Plugging in Modem went fine ... plugging in router... 20 minutes later NG .... rinse and repeat NG. Damn gotta buy a new router. Tried one last time and felt something.

There is a push button on / off swtch that I had forgottene about and didn't see (against wall) ... when I plugged the power plug in "by feel", I musta hit it ... so while plug was in, it was now switched to off. .... wore my Dumbass hat for 24 hours.

System Name O-Clock
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Do you have actual proof that TP-Link made it first? A press release in no way proves when something was created first. The words "Announced", "Created", and "Made" do not mean the same thing. Let's see some sources cited, if you're so sure.

"Design" can consist of "I want it to look like this", which a 12-year-old can do. I'm not sure if you're a native English speaker, but this is well understood by most English speakers. Trying to attach random technicalities, to make the statement or words untrue, doesn't work, speaking of "irrelevant terms".
People like you completely trash the hard working individuals that design this stuff, from the ground up, just because you at a personal level don’t like the design. You aren’t good at giving valuable feedback.