• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fallout 76 Patch Adds FOV & DOF Sliders, Improves Camp Placements and Construction

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Like I said, they should go back to consoles. It's really perfect for them (not an insult). What we do now on Windows isn't anything. With a typical Bethesda config, it even literally has FOV entries to make it clear. You could make one Google search and find information like this too. Like a damn copy and paste.. no thinking involved on a person's part.

I don't know.. I started gaming with DOS..which was much worse. I don't expect everyone to do that.. but the above is nothing like it.

I dare you to work in any kind of computer customer service, whether in shop or in HellDesk (aptly named) in some company. Knowing how to tweak some config files puts you above 90% of users. I am not overestimating it.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I dare you to work in any kind of computer customer service, whether in shop or in HellDesk (aptly named) in some company. Knowing how to tweak some config files puts you above 90% of users. I am not overestimating it.

If I had a job like that, I'd adjust. Context matters.

And here, the context is: This isn't customer service. And I'm speaking merely for myself. Not some company. I'm just some random gamer on a fairly low key tech forum. I'm just going to be myself here. And I can't bring myself to really care. Sorry to disappoint. I know old women and little kids who can edit text files for Skyrim. If they can do it, anyone can.

edit: I'm not exagerrating btw. Some modders have made some GUI tools that visually edit the parameters for Bethesda games... and people generally laugh at the uselessness of them, and wonder why it was even made. Almost everyone was already doing this stuff manually.

I guess I'm just saying that this is the "culture" I'm coming from.