• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Announces Turret Living Room Keyboard+Mouse for Xbox One

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Razer , the leading lifestyle brand for gamers, today introduced a new way to play on console with the Razer Turret for Xbox One, a wireless keyboard and mouse combo designed for Xbox One. "We're extremely proud to team up with Microsoft to bring you this exclusive collaboration," says Razer Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. "With the Razer Turret for Xbox One, it is now possible to bring the full experience of a keyboard and mouse, with lighting and game integration to Xbox One."

Built for reliable gaming on the couch, the Razer Turret for Xbox One offers a fast and stable 2.4 GHz wireless connection via a single dongle for the mouse and keyboard, and battery life of up to 40 hours on a single charge. With Xbox Dynamic Lighting and Razer Chroma technology, console gamers now have access to the largest ecosystem of lighting, with up to 16.8-million color options and lighting effects for their keyboard and mouse. Additionally, Razer has been working with developers to bring Xbox Dynamic Lighting and Razer Chroma support in-game, offering immersive experiences on supported titles such as "X-Morph-Defense", "Vermintide 2" and more.

"Razer Chroma expands even further into the living room," says Tan, "building upon the success we've had with Philips Hue in room lighting." The keyboard features Razer's gaming grade mechanical switches engineered for durability and reliability with a lifespan of up to 80-million keystrokes. A dedicated Xbox key also instantly pulls up the Xbox One dashboard for seamless navigation.

The included mouse is modelled after the popular Razer Mamba Wireless gaming mouse and features a high-performance 5G advanced optical sensor and Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches with up to 50-million clicks durability. The mouse surface is conveniently hidden underneath the main body of the keyboard and can be extended for use, then retracted for charging and storage. A built-in ergonomic wrist rest extends from the base of the Razer Turret keyboard for Xbox One for added comfort.

The Razer Turret for Xbox One is also fully compatible with PC (Windows 10), enabling gamers to take their game from the PC to console and back.

Razer Turret for Xbox One keyboard:
  • Razer Mechanical Switches with 50 g actuation force
  • 80-million keystrokes
  • Xbox Dynamic Lighting
  • Powered by Razer Chroma with 16.8 million customizable color options
  • Compact layout
  • Ergonomic wrist rest
  • Mid height keycaps
  • Razer Synapse enabled
  • 10-key roll-over anti-ghosting
  • Compatible with both PC and Xbox One
  • Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording (PC only)
  • Gaming mode option (PC only)
  • Approximate size: 194 mm / 7.64 in (Length) X 390 mm / 15.35 in (Width) X 36.93 mm / 1.45 in. (Height)
  • Approximate size (with tray expanded): 194 mm / 7.64 in (Length) X 600 mm / 23.62 in (Width) X 36.93 mm / 1.45 in (Height)
  • Approximate weight: 1860 g / 4.10 lbs.
  • Cable length: 2 m / 6.56 ft.
Razer Turret for Xbox One mouse:
  • Razer 5G Advanced Optical Sensor with true 16,000 DPI
  • Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
  • 7 independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
  • Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches with 50-million click life cycle
  • Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel
  • Ergonomic right-handed design
  • Xbox Dynamic Lighting
  • Powered by Razer Chroma with 16.8 million customizable color options
  • Hybrid On-Board Memory and Cloud Storage
  • Razer Synapse enabled
  • Compatible with both PC and Xbox One
  • Approximate size: 125.70 mm / 4.95 in (Length) X 70 mm / 2.75 in (Width) X 43.20 mm / 1.70 in (Height)
  • Approximate weight (excluding cable): 106 g / 0.21 lbs
  • Charging cable: 0.15 m / 0.49 ft
  • USB cable length: 2.10 m / 6.89 ft
Battery life (on a single charge):
Razer Turret for Xbox One keyboard
  • Up to 11 hours with default lighting enabled
  • Up to 43 hours with lighting disabled
Razer Turret for Xbox One mouse
  • Up to 30 hours with default lighting enabled
  • Up to 50 hours with lighting disabled
MSRP: USD $249.99, availability: Q1-2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name My PC
Processor 4670K@4.4GHz
Motherboard Gryphon Z87
Cooling CM 212
Memory 2x8GB+2x4GB @2400GHz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+, 8GB
Storage Intel 530 SSD 480GB + Intel 510 SSD 120GB + 2x500GB hdd raid 1
Display(s) HP envy 32 1440p
Case CM Mastercase 5
Audio Device(s) Sbz ZXR
Power Supply Antec 620W
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Win 10 pro
Does this bundle include mining app too? ;)

Does this bundle include mining app too? ;)
I don`t think so, as far as I can tell synapse and all other software is handled by the microsoft store on the xbox
so probably a download, the synapse and chroma port are very new to xbox so I don`t know if the reward software have made it over yet.
Intrigued though, can someone who reviews such things here weigh in on this? also will this pair with more than one device?

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
That battery life is pathetic, even if you adjust for abundance of LEDs.
My cheapest of the cheap A4Tech Bloody wireless mice did almost twice that (~100 actual work hours on a single charge @500Hz polling rate and 2000cpi)
My G603 is still at nearly full charge after 2 months of being actively used (1-2 hours in gaming mode and 12+ hours in green mode for work every single day incl. weekends).
Even worse for the KB. 43 hours with backlight disabled? What are they using, a homemade hemp-based CR2032 coin cell or something? Or is it running on Lemons?

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
That form factor is intriguing. Wonder how sturdy the retractable mouse pad is - it needs some good materials and design if it's supposed to rest on your legs like in the photo. If it works (and doesn't break) this looks pretty darn good. Hope they make a version with brown-type keys, though, as I can't stand the clackety-clack of blues.

also will this pair with more than one device?
Unlikely given the need for a dongle, though I doubt there'd be anything stopping you from plugging that dongle into your PC.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
That form factor is intriguing. Wonder how sturdy the retractable mouse pad is - it needs some good materials and design if it's supposed to rest on your legs like in the photo. If it works (and doesn't break) this looks pretty darn good. Hope they make a version with brown-type keys, though, as I can't stand the clackety-clack of blues.

Unlikely given the need for a dongle, though I doubt there'd be anything stopping you from plugging that dongle into your PC.

Yes because a simple plank with a cushion under it totally doesn't work with your favorite KB+M of choice, does it :)

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Yes because a simple plank with a cushion under it totally doesn't work with your favorite KB+M of choice, does it :)
Back in a day I used to have a big-ass rocking chair. I've glued two wooden sticks to a backside of a binder and turned it into a large detachable handrest mousepad. No aftermarket solution could beat that!
P.S. I miss that chair....:cry:

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Some of us don't have living rooms large enough to stow away a plank large enough to fit a keyboard and decently sized mouse pad, which is where solutions like this come into play. Not to mention that having a loose multi-piece solution (cushion, plank, keyboard, mouse pad) would be... impractical any time you have to move or get up, not to mention for lying on the couch, unless you velcro or hot-glue everything into place, which would be pretty janky. Sure, a solution like that would work, but it definitely has its drawbacks. I like Corsair's solution (BYO keyboard and mouse, built-in cable storage), but it's far too expensive for what amounts to a form-fitting plank-and-cushion assembly with an USB extension, and it's quite large even for the TKL versions.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Some of us don't have living rooms large enough to stow away a plank large enough to fit a keyboard and decently sized mouse pad, which is where solutions like this come into play. Not to mention that having a loose multi-piece solution (cushion, plank, keyboard, mouse pad) would be... impractical any time you have to move or get up, not to mention for lying on the couch, unless you velcro or hot-glue everything into place, which would be pretty janky. Sure, a solution like that would work, but it definitely has its drawbacks. I like Corsair's solution (BYO keyboard and mouse, built-in cable storage), but it's far too expensive for what amounts to a form-fitting plank-and-cushion assembly with an USB extension, and it's quite large even for the TKL versions.

Did you think this through, or? You have little space and buy a fixed KB/M combo for a single use case, instead of repurposing what you have. Makes sense! The plank is easier to store, there is no way around it. Try squeezing that Razer solution in a tight spot somewhere, or better yet, shove it under the couch. I'll take my durable plank any day: one wipe across to remove the dust instead of individual keys. No cat pee over your KB. No hairs under the keys. The list is endless. Planks rule. And srsly, if you cannot store a flat piece of wood in your living space, while you can store a KB/M I'd question your ability for common thought processes, to be fair :)

Other drawback: not fixed. That takes the addition of a rubber surface to your plank to fix. But on most wood you can just place a keyboard and it'll be rock solid because its already got rubber feet. And the mouse 'falling off' can be fixed with a gentle rise at the edge, which only takes some sort of adhesive strip for two bucks.

I mean, yes its ghetto, but it'll work miles better than this overpriced plastic garbage AND it won't break 1 day past warranty.

Did you think this through, or? You have little space and buy a fixed KB/M combo for a single use case, instead of repurposing what you have. Makes sense! The plank is easier to store, there is no way around it. Try squeezing that Razer solution in a tight spot somewhere, or better yet, shove it under the couch. I'll take my durable plank any day: one wipe across to remove the dust instead of individual keys. No cat pee over your KB. No hairs under the keys. The list is endless. Planks rule. And srsly, if you cannot store a flat piece of wood in your living space, while you can store a KB/M I'd question your ability for common thought processes, to be fair :)

Other drawback: not fixed. That takes the addition of a rubber surface to your plank to fix. But on most wood you can just place a keyboard and it'll be rock solid because its already got rubber feet. And the mouse 'falling off' can be fixed with a gentle rise at the edge, which only takes some sort of adhesive strip for two bucks.

I mean, yes its ghetto, but it'll work miles better than this overpriced plastic garbage AND it won't break 1 day past warranty.

Do you have a gofundme? have you patented this to protect your IP?
I would buy the SH*T outta that, just make said Plank from aluminium, add some RGB and include the word "gaming" in the product title.

Processor i7 2600
Motherboard ASUS H67 rev. B3
Cooling EVO 212
Memory Kingston 8GB
Video Card(s) MSi 7870 GHz Edt.
Storage EVO 850 250GB + WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case ASUS Essentio CG8250
Power Supply Delta 550W
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 7
$299 for the console VS $249 for these peripherals :confused:

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
$299 for the console VS $249 for these peripherals :confused:
mechanical keyboard is 120$+ for a decent one, gaming mouse 50$+, so 80$ for compatibility and the convenience of the mousepad/rest being built into the keyboard

It's not that far off.

It's not for me, but not too far off in price for what it is.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Do you have a gofundme? have you patented this to protect your IP?
I would buy the SH*T outta that, just make said Plank from aluminium, add some RGB and include the word "gaming" in the product title.

In this day and age I have to ask if you are joking or serious, that's how deep we've sunk :D