• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Debuts its 2019 Monitor Lineup

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced three new monitors: the modern and minimalist Samsung Space Monitor, the CRG9 designed for an unparalleled gaming experience and the UR59C, a stunning 4K UHD curved monitor ideal for content creators. Each monitor offers the best in technology ranging from ultra-wide screens and lifelike colors for immersive gaming to space-saving designs that increase productivity.

"Samsung's latest monitor lineup is incredibly versatile, and demonstrates our commitment to continued innovation and leadership in the category," said Seog-gi Kim, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. "All of these monitors are part of our larger strategy this year, to keep giving you choices so you can get what you want- beautiful, hardworking devices that inspire you to do more."

Samsung Space Monitor: Modern, Minimal and Flexible Design
Samsung Space Monitor leverages its sleek design and functionality to allow users to focus on what's on the screen and not what's around it. Its unique built-in space saving solution, a minimalist, fully-integrated arm clamps to the desk and frees up desk space for ultimate user productivity. Samsung Space Monitor is easy to set up and adjust when you aren't using it, and simple to push back and store flat against the wall. Through easy ergonomic adjustment, port access, and a discreet cable management system, Space Monitor improves the form and function of any workstation or home office.

Beyond aesthetics, Samsung's Space Monitor is a feature-rich, high-performance monitor. The 27-inch model offers QHD resolution for incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images, while the 32-inch model presents content in 4K UHD.

Space Monitor gives has a unique arm stand, which can disappear into the back of the monitor's slim-bezel. When using the stand, Space Monitor can be easily tilted or extended from the wall. It can also be lowered to the desk surface, and Samsung's Zero Height Adjustable Stand feature provides the ultimate versatility for any type viewing preference. The stand not only makes viewing more comfortable, but also eliminates the hassle of cable management by integrating power and HDMI cords through the arm for a clean, flexible look.

CRG9 49" Gaming Monitor: Super Ultra-Wide Display with Dual QHD Resolution
The CRG9 is the world's first high-resolution, super ultra-wide gaming monitor with a 32:9 aspect ratio. It offers a 120Hz refresh rate with a fast 4ms response time on a 49-inch display that minimizes image lag and motion blur to effortlessly keep up with fast-paced games. Built for a superior gaming experience, the monitor also features AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR Technology to reduce stutter, screen tearing and input latency to ensure the best possible frame rate and smoothest gaming experience.

Content comes alive on the CRG9, with dual QHD resolution (5120x1440) and HDR10 and a peak brightness of 1,000 nits, providing superfine detail in the brightest and darkest parts of an image. HDR10 delivers outstanding local dimming, and high-contrast HDR offers advanced specular highlights not available in traditional gaming monitors. The monitor also leverages Samsung's revolutionary Quantum dot technology for an exceptionally wide range of accurate color reproduction, and a 1,800mm screen curvature and an ultra-wide field of view for complete visibility.

Equivalent to two 27-inch QHD 16:9 monitors placed side-by-side, the 32:9 super ultra-wide screen also provides ultimate multitasking flexibility, assisted by PbP (Picture-by-Picture) functionality to allow two video sources to be viewed on the same screen. The CRG9 includes one HDMI port, two Display Ports, USB 3.0 and headphone connectivity options. Samsung also designed the CRG9 with a smaller stand size for convenience and flexibility in every gamer's space.

UR59C 32" Monitor: Curved 4K UHD Designed for Content Creators

Ideal for content creators that seek both versatility and performance, the new UR59C 32-inch monitor features a UHD curved display with a 2,500:1 contrast ratio and full 3840x2160 4K UHD resolution with support for up to one billion colors. The 1500R curvature delivers a truly immersive experience that shines while creating content and art, watching videos or gaming.

Available in Dark Blue Gray, the UR59C has a super-slim design, with a depth of only 6.7mm. Its 31.5-inch display is attached to a clean and simple two-prong base that reduces its footprint on the working surface.

Samsung Space Monitor and the UR59C are available now for pre-order exclusively at BestBuy.com, Amazon.com and Samsung.com, and the CRG9 will be available later in 2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
I wouldn't mind if I had the option to split the CRG9 into two flat 29" displays...

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
I'd prefer it if it was more like two 30" side by side, I want a little more vertical size than what a 27" gives; for better immersion.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
I'd prefer it if it was more like two 30" side by side, I want a little more vertical size than what a 27" gives; for better immersion.

Yeah.... I wish I could have my current setup without bevels. ZR30W front and center 2x LP2065's rotated. gives me dual 30's of resolution centered on 1.
I have to sacrifice vertical room for refresh rate soon. :(

D

Deleted member 158293

This year will probably be upgrade time to a CRG9, and if things go well, maybe a couple new Radeon cards to drive it. :)

So 49" and 32:9 and still less pixels than a real UHD monitor. You'll see the pixels with the unaided eye. Give me two 27" or 32" UHD monitors side-by-side or offer something more desirable like a 42" 6K x 2k

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
There is not one monitor on the market I want, under $2000 that is. They are all either curved, not HDR, or offer terrible contrast ratios 1000-1 etc.

My dream monitor is:

27-32" non-curved 16x9
Slight - non reflective coating, not a mirror
4K or 1440p at a pinch
Real 10Bit panel, with a 10Bit or better input
Wide colour gamut
REAL working HDR600 minimum
3000-1 minimum contrast ratio in SDR mode - No tricks with dynamic black levels etc
Fast panel response & High refresh rate (120Hz+ not this 75Hz BS)
Less than $1000

Will I finally be able to spend my money in 2019? It's really not looking likely.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
There is not one monitor on the market I want, under $2000 that is. They are all either curved, not HDR, or offer terrible contrast ratios 1000-1 etc.

My dream monitor is:

27-32" non-curved 16x9
Slight - non reflective coating, not a mirror
Real 10Bit panel, with a 10Bit or better input
Wide colour gamut
REAL working HDR600 minimum
3000-1 minimum contrast ratio in SDR mode - No tricks with dynamic black levels etc
Fast panel response & High refresh rate (120Hz+ not this 75Hz BS)
Less than $1000

Will I finally be able to spend my money in 2019? It's really not looking likely.

90% of the progress in panel technology is fake innovation really. The actual quality has steadily declined and great tech got phased out in favor of cheap tricks. Just add a new tech name to the portfolio and everybody thinks its the new holy grail; QLED, MicroLED, Nano IPS, the reality is it either isn't feasible or simply more of the same, or it doesn't really matter much at all compared to cheaper alternatives. All LCD technology is 'el cheapo' by design. Its the whole reason it got big.

90% of the progress in panel technology is fake innovation really. The actual quality has steadily declined and great tech got phased out in favor of cheap tricks. Just add a new tech name to the portfolio and everybody thinks its the new holy grail; QLED, MicroLED, Nano IPS, the reality is it either isn't feasible or simply more of the same, or it doesn't really matter much at all compared to cheaper alternatives. All LCD technology is 'el cheapo' by design. Its the whole reason it got big.

MicroLED doesn't belong in your list... that truly does have potential to change things, but it's a way off yet. Apple have invested MASSIVELY in to it, so it will happen eventually.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
You are correct in most of what you say. The PC monitor market has been moving at a glacial pace for 10 years now. Personally, i'm amazed we even have 4K panels for a fair price! But really, the tech used is the same old crap, 1000-1 contrast ratio, edge backlit, 6 to 8bit FRC crap. People go on about 120Hz panels being innovitive, yet HDTVs from 6 or 7 years ago were doing that. My 5 year old sony 55" has all the stuff thats being just pushed in to the PC monitor market right now... 120Hz panel, real 10bit colour 12bit with FRC, local edge dimming backlight, 4000-1 contrast ratio, QLED/Quantum Dot LED backlight, 95+% DCI-P3 extended colour space, sound familiar???

The apologists say that HDTV tech is ahead because they are much more expensive... I paid $2500 for a 55" HDTV 5 years ago, where the only PC monitor on the planet with the same specs, and much smaller, so therefore far cheaper panel, is brand new, and also costs $2500, go fish... Funnily, my HDTV is still able to hang with the very latest HDTVs, and is only bested by the new ones in 4k support, and CPU/GPU power for the apps and OSD, which I don't need or use.

MicroLED doesn't belong in your list... that truly does have potential to change things, but it's a way off yet. Apple have invested MASSIVELY in to it, so it will happen eventually.

I hope the Micro LED comment he made was a mistake. MicroLED is the tech we PC users have been waiting for, it's pretty much the holy grail in display tech.

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Samsung used to be the go to name for great monitors. But they've fixed that.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
What monitor is in the last 3 panels? To me that seems to be the most interesting of the bunch.

I wouldn't mind if I had the option to split the CRG9 into two flat 29" displays...

They're options in the VGA driver software that can do that, I don't know about nvidia, but I know AMD has this feature. Unless you're referring to something like Pic n Pic with two different sources.

Samsung used to be the go to name for great monitors. But they've fixed that.

When was this? I only remember NEC, and then Dell when the former got too expensive for commoners.

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
What monitor is in the last 3 panels? To me that seems to be the most interesting of the bunch.
https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/space-monitor
Considering the $500 tag, it's probably just a fancy office monitor.

When was this? I only remember NEC, and then Dell when the former got too expensive for commoners.
710N, XL20 (which didn't really take off, buy it is still years ahead of its time), some SyncMaster models before the LCD age...