• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hands On With Patriot's RGB Mouse Pad, Mechanical Keyboard and Gaming Mice

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
While visiting Patriot, we also took a moment to examine their latest PC gaming peripherals which included the absurd yet genuinely excellent RGB rollout mouse pad. Available in two sizes (350 x 260 x 3 mm and 900 x 420 x 3 mm) it is made of a polyester and natural rubber with a PCBA and optical fiber material for those sweet RGB LED effects. Speaking of the RGB effects, it offers two zones via software allowing for customization of color and brightness along with flash and breathing modes. Using a button switch will manually allow for seven color options and auto breathing. Overall it was a unique offering that grabbed our attention. Regardless of if you love or hate the RGB fad on some products here it just feels fitting oddly enough.

Speaking of keyboard and mice, Patriot had a couple on hand as well. Starting with the Viper V765 mechanical keyboard, It offers full spectrum RGB illumination and features a full size 104 key layout with a magnetic removable palm rest. The chassis is made of aircraft grade aluminum giving it a rugged design while the Kailh mechanical white box switches give the keyboard a clicky feel. Thanks to the box switch design they also have an IP56 water and dust resistant rating. Other features include dedicated multi-media controls, volume wheel w/mute function, N-key rollover and anti-ghosting, 10 level LED reaction management, multi-level LED backlit dimming, and programmable macro keys. Overall its a solid keyboard all things considered.

As for mice Patriot had their V550 and V551 models on display. The V550 packs a Pixart 3325 5000 DPI optical sensor with a 1000 Hz polling rate. Users can up the DPI to a maximum of 10,000 through the Viper software granted its likely not a truly useful addition. Concerning button layout it features 9 buttons total with 8 of them being programmable. Meanwhile, the V551 utilizes a Pixart 3327 6200 DPI optical sensor, with a maximum of 12000 DPI through the Viper software. Button layout consists of 8 total with 7 of them programmable. It also has the same 1000 Hz polling rate. Both mice make use offer multi-zone customizable RGB LEDs along with large PTFE pads.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
When it's a mousepad glued onto an RGB-backlit acrylic sheet, it's lame, but when it's flexible and big, that's when it gets interesting.
I think I like it :p Good job, Patriot team.

Zifnab

When it's a mousepad glued onto an RGB-backlit acrylic sheet, it's lame, but when it's flexible and big, that's when it gets interesting.
I think I like it :p Good job, Patriot team.

Good job Patriot for buying from the same oem as Steelseries.....

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Am i the only one who finds bright lights you can see in the corner of your view annoying af?

RGB mouse pad is dumb.

Having it on a keyboard... well, okay, they might react to typing, or perhaps point the hotkeys in an RPG or have other useful functions.
On a mouse it's less useful, but still possible to have some value in it ( for example RGB themes that change with the game, to know that certain DPI settings are loaded or auto-clicker is in place or stuff like that )
Can someone tell me ANY viable use for having it on pad... ? (Other than pure bling)

Note: Owner of Steelseries RGB keyboard, mouse, as well as motherboard, GPU and Corsair AIO with RGB logo.
No stranger to RGB stuff but... srsly, RGB mousepad is total overkill!

Processor 13700KF (5.7GHZ @ 1.38v)
Motherboard Z690 UNIFY-X
Cooling NOCTUA U12A
Memory 2x16 G.SKILL M-DIE (7200-34-44-44-28)
Video Card(s) XFX MERC 7900XT
Storage 1TB KINGSTON KC3000
Display(s) FI32Q
Case LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC EVO
Audio Device(s) HD599
Power Supply RMX1000
Mouse PULSAR XLITE V2 MINI (RETRO)
Keyboard KEYCHRON V3 (DUROCK T1 + MT3 GODSPEED R2)
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Superposition 4k optimized - 20652
RGB mouse pad is dumb.

Having it on a keyboard... well, okay, they might react to typing, or perhaps point the hotkeys in an RPG or have other useful functions.
On a mouse it's less useful, but still possible to have some value in it ( for example RGB themes that change with the game, to know that certain DPI settings are loaded or auto-clicker is in place or stuff like that )
Can someone tell me ANY viable use for having it on pad... ? (Other than pure bling)

Note: Owner of Steelseries RGB keyboard, mouse, as well as motherboard, GPU and Corsair AIO with RGB logo.
No stranger to RGB stuff but... srsly, RGB mousepad is total overkill!
Overkill is subjective, for me everything you have is overkill. The only i find value in is backlight keyboard , it is functional, the rest are useless that can only hinder vision or be annoying at night.