• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Announces the Release of New Glacier Series Products and Accessories

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Phanteks today announced the launch of two new Glacier series GPU blocks, corresponding backplates, a vertical GPU bracket and flat riser cables to add to their product portfolio. This includes the Glacier G2080Ti XTREME and the Glacier G2080Ti STRIX for the Gigabyte AORUS Extreme RTX 2080/2080 Ti and the ASUS Strix RTX 2080/2080 Ti respectively. Both of these blocks use a minimalist design that extends the length of the PCB, allowing for a full cover fit to cool the GPU, VRAM and VRMs alike. Integrated digital RGB lighting coupled with an anodized or chrome-plate cover plate, a polished acrylic top, and a nickel-plated copper cold plate round off the aesthetics.

Phanteks made sure to give some love to the NVIDIA Founders Edition RTX 2080(Ti) cards as well with Glacier G2080Ti backplate that is designed to work with their own Glacier G2080TiFE water block, since the AIC cards come with their own backplate that can be re-used with the GPU blocks mentioned above. We get two color options here, and the backplate extends the entire length of the PCB again. The GPU blocks will be available for $149.99 each and the backplate costs $29.99/39.99 for the black/chrome versions towards the end of this month. Read past the break for more on their new accessories.

The new accessories include flat riser cables in 220 mm or 300 mm length, and a vertical GPU bracket that comes with a 220 mm flat riser cable included. These allow for, as the name suggests, vertical mounting of a GPU to allow for more customization options for your PC build. The flat riser cables cost $29.99 irrespective of the length, and the vertical GPU bracket costs $39.99, with all three also available for purchase around the end of January, 2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The vertical mount is good and all but how are you gonna get your display outputs through the back I/O covers of the case? There are still gonna be horizontal bars there.

Bonk

The vertical mount is good and all but how are you gonna get your display outputs through the back I/O covers of the case? There are still gonna be horizontal bars there.
You remove 6 slots worth of covers and put this mount in, where do you see a problem?

You remove 6 slots worth of covers and put this mount in, where do you see a problem?

And then ? There are still bars there. And I don't know of any case that doesn't have them.

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
And then ? There are still bars there. And I don't know of any case that doesn't have them.

Then you cut! This is for those who are able to make some cuts just don't want to bother building the whole replacement bracket up from scratch. Widening the selection of cases you can build.

For every others, well, they can look for a case with factory solution for the vertical mount.