• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2018 Financial Results

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Intel Corporation today reported fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 financial results. The company also announced that its board of directors has approved a five percent increase in its cash dividend to $1.26 per-share on an annual basis. The board declared a quarterly dividend of $0.315 per-share on the company's common stock, which will be payable on March 1 to shareholders of record on February 7.

"2018 was a truly remarkable year for Intel with record revenue in every business segment and record profits as we transform the company to pursue our biggest market opportunity ever," said Bob Swan, Intel CFO and Interim CEO. "In the fourth quarter, we grew revenue, expanded earnings and previewed new 10nm-based products that position Intel to compete and win going forward. Looking ahead, we are forecasting another record year and raising the dividend based on our view that the explosive growth of data will drive continued demand for Intel products."

In the fourth quarter, the company generated approximately $6.9 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $1.4 billion and used $2.3 billion to repurchase 51 million shares of stock.

For the full year, the company generated a record $29.4 billion cash from operations, paid dividends of $5.5 billion and used $10.7 billion to repurchase 217 million shares of stock.

In the fourth quarter, Intel achieved revenue growth in nearly every business segment, and in 2018 every segment of the business set new annual all-time revenue records.

The PC-centric business (CCG) was up 10 percent in the fourth quarter due to continued strong demand for Intel's higher performance products and strength in commercial and gaming. CCG expanded its product portfolio for 2019 with the recent launch of new 9th Gen Intel Core processors and unveiled "Ice Lake" the upcoming, 10nm-based PC processor, which is expected to be in OEM systems on shelves for holiday, 2019.

Collectively, Intel's data-centric businesses grew 9 percent YoY in the quarter and 20 percent YoY in 2018. In the fourth quarter, DCG achieved 24 percent cloud segment growth and 12 percent communications service provider segment growth while enterprise revenue declined 5 percent. Intel recently announced that the new "Cascade Lake" family of high performance Intel Xeon processors with advanced AI and memory capabilities is now shipping.

Fourth-quarter Internet of Things Group (IOTG) revenue declined 7 percent YoY. However, excluding Wind River, which Intel divested in the second quarter, fourth-quarter IOTG revenue was up 4 percent YoY despite supply tightness. Record quarterly revenue in Intel's memory business (NSG) was up 25 percent YoY. Intel's Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) also achieved record quarterly revenue, up 8 percent YoY driven by strength in the data center and communications market segments.

Mobileye fourth-quarter revenue of $183 million was up 43 percent YoY as customer momentum continued. In 2018, Mobileye achieved 28 new design wins and 78 vehicle model launches.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
So far looks like the price hikes are working well for Intel, not surprising.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
How in the world are they doing this. Just by inertia?
Margins are down but despite some areas like PC shipments and Government in Data Center they are posting record OpIncome and Revenues.
NSG is clearly going beyond analyst expectations.

So far looks like the price hikes are working well for Intel, not surprising.
With margins going down ever so slightly I would say price hikes in consumer space are fairly irrelevant in big picture.

How in the world are they doing this. Just by inertia?
Margins are down but despite some areas like PC shipments and Government in Data Center they are posting record OpIncome and Revenues.
NSG is clearly going beyond analyst expectations.

With margins going down ever so slightly I would say price hikes in consumer space are fairly irrelevant in big picture.
Margins are up in PCG, down in DCG (use discount code EPYC) but more importantly ASP is up. There's also many enthusiasts who were just waiting for more cores, lots of them prefer Intel.

System Name Dell Dimension P120
Processor Intel Pentium 120 MHz 60Mhz FSB
Motherboard Dell Pentium
Memory 24 MB EDO
Video Card(s) Matrox Millennium 2MB
Storage 1 GB EIDE HDD
Display(s) Dell 15 inch crt
Case Dell Dimension
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Mouse Microsoft mouse, no scroll wheel
Keyboard Dell 1995
Software Windows 95 + Office 95
i7 8700K for 499 usd (newegg)
i7 9700K for 549 usd
yeah of course they are making tons of money

They dominate the laptop market. Laptops sell more than anything. Use your brain, we are not in 2001 anymore. People still think that the market is all about desktop parts.

I suppose, next x990K for 115x platform will cost something like 1500$, because “pc market dwindels, but every single pc rises in price”.

Nothing personal, just business. And we dont care if you cant afford our artificial inflation, we still count on crowd givin us more n more money! And stop telling everyone how is it ridiculous - because!....We don’t care! Intel(c)

i7 8700K for 499 usd (newegg)
i7 9700K for 549 usd
yeah of course they are making tons of money
Its even funnier to see how people suggest givin 600$ and more for 9900K like it is OK for 115x cpu, and it was always like that,
While 3 years ago giving that much money for cpu only meant everybody would think “that motherf* completely nuts” of you, or you’ve gone for HEDT and you had serious reason for that.

Processor AMD 1700X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Memory F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 960 Pro
Display(s) PG279Q
Case HAF X
Power Supply Silencer MK III 850
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Revenue up 8 billion or 13%. Net income up 4.7 billion or 28%. R&D not even picking up or showing concern. Still need more from AMD; nothing they are doing is even slowing Intel to force price reduction and competition.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
And investors were clearly disappointed, as their shares dropped ~$3.5...
I wish the stock market would be banned at times.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Apparently their so-called "CPU shotage" has had very little to no impact on their bottom lines, or did their CEO just quietly "donate" a few billion $$ from his bonus checks to the back-door revenue stream, so that wall street would be impressed and continue backing them no questions asked....

D

Deleted member 158293

This tells all me the Intel's market could easily take higher prices and margins. This is a corporation leaving money on the table which could increase profits.

As an investor I'd be furious when I see this. Intel also needs to take business notes from Apple & nvidia on product pricing.