• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swiftech Introduces New Boreas Liquid Cooling Kits

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Swiftech is looking to make it easier for users to build their own custom-loop water cooling solutions via the introduction of its Boreas kits. The Boreas kits take a gander at using predetermined hardware parts sold in a kit, which allow users to build their own custom loops without having to worry about part compatibility or any manual fabrication of their own. It also promises a straight upgrade part within Swiftech's ecosystem, with many of the parts being separately available.

As with everything, the Boreas line of products includes addressable RGB options, controlled by Swiftech's IRIS (you think game launchers are bad? Just look at how many RGB controller solutions are on the market these days). The kit comes with everything you might need for a custom cooling loop, and is available from Swiftech starting at $259.95.

• Apogee SKF-LT universal CPU waterblock featuring 125 micron-thin Skived Copper Fins
  • Maelstrom D5 V2 integrated pump/reservoir combo available in 4 sizes, 6 accent colors, and featuring tempered glass tubing coupled to the iconic Xylem/Laing D5/MCP65X PWM controlled pump,
  • Hydrae GT a completely new series of radiators, combining elegance to perfectly balanced performance in a thin and compact form factor,
  • Helix 120 IRIS a new series of high pressure/low noise RGB fans,
  • IRIS Eco V2 fan and lighting controller featuring new lighting effects,
  • Hydrx NF, a new Swiftech Nanofluid based coolant formulated by Mayhems,
  • IRIS MB Link (optional in the kit), a new adapter allowing up to 3 IRIS compatible products to be controlled by motherboards supporting Addressable RGB LED.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Batman's CaseLabs Mercury S8 Work Computer
Processor 8086K 5.3Ghz binned delidded by Siliconlottery.com 5.5Ghz 6c12t 5.6Ghz 6c6t on ambient air
Motherboard EVGA Z390 DARK
Cooling Noctua C14S for all overclocking so far Noctua Industrial PWM fan 2000rpm rated (700rpm inaudible)
Memory Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver F4-4600C18D-16GTRS running at 4500Mhz 17-17-17-37 (new mem OC) : )
Video Card(s) AMD WX 4100 Workstation Card (AMD W5400 7nm workstation card coming soon)
Storage Intel Optane 900P 280GB PCIe card as Primary OS drive / (4) Samsung 860Pro 256GB SATA internal
Display(s) Planar 27in 2560x1440 Glossy LG panel with glass bonded to panel for increased clarity
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 open bench chassis two-tone black front cover with gunmetal frame
Audio Device(s) Creative $25 2.1 speakers lol
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 700watt fanless
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 graphite / Glorious Model D matte black / Razer Invicta mousing mat gunmetal
Keyboard HHKB Hybrid Type-S black printed keycaps
Software Work Apps text and statistical
Benchmark Scores Single Thread scores at 5.6Ghz: Cinebench R15 ST - 249 CPU-Z ST - 676 PassMark CPU ST - 3389
If you buy high-binned CPUs you don't need liquid cooling. Like Duh! :eek:

When is anyone at TPU ever going to figure this simple shit out? :eek:

Wow, that's weird. I actually got the jump on TPU today by finding this on the Swiftech site, I didn't realise it was a new product!

Unfortunately, I've also had to fire off an email to Swiftech today to ask how the hell someone in the UK buys their stuff - Their webshop won't ship here and it seems as though their distribution here has gone bang.

Processor 8086K 5.3Ghz binned delidded by Siliconlottery.com 5.5Ghz 6c12t 5.6Ghz 6c6t on ambient air
Cooling Noctua C14S for all overclocking so far Noctua Industrial PWM fan 2000rpm rated (700rpm inaudible)
Memory Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver F4-4600C18D-16GTRS running at 4500Mhz 17-17-17-37 (new mem OC) : )
Video Card(s) AMD WX 4100 Workstation Card (AMD W5400 7nm workstation card coming soon)
Storage Intel Optane 900P 280GB PCIe card as Primary OS drive / (4) Samsung 860Pro 256GB SATA internal
Display(s) Planar 27in 2560x1440 Glossy LG panel with glass bonded to panel for increased clarity
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 open bench chassis two-tone black front cover with gunmetal frame
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 graphite / Glorious Model D matte black / Razer Invicta mousing mat gunmetal
Benchmark Scores Single Thread scores at 5.6Ghz: Cinebench R15 ST - 249 CPU-Z ST - 676 PassMark CPU ST - 3389
Wow, that's weird. I actually got the jump on TPU today by finding this on the Swiftech site, I didn't realise it was a new product!

Unfortunately, I've also had to fire off an email to Swiftech today to ask how the hell someone in the UK buys their stuff - Their webshop won't ship here and it seems as though their distribution here has gone bang.

Issues with AIO's? WOW, that almost never happens. :roll:

Issues with AIO's? WOW, that almost never happens. :roll:
...what? Are you even responding to the same thread? Your first post also had nothing to do with anything.

I'm presuming you're just a troll, but for the sake of pointing this out:

1 - The thread isn't about an AIO, it's about a DIY open loop kit.
2 - I wasn't looking at buying an AIO from them, I was looking at open loop components (Maelstrom Pump/Res, 2x Hydrae rads, Apogee SKF block, tubing, fittings)
3 - Even if I was looking at buying an AIO from them, their AIO is called the Drive X3 and they manufacture it in-house - it's not a rebadged Asetek or CoolIT design like everything else is, so your criticism of AIOs in general, doesn't necessarily apply because it's a completely independent product.

Now can you maybe say something that makes... any kind of sense?

...what? Are you even responding to the same thread? Your first post also had nothing to do with anything.

I'm presuming you're just a troll, but for the sake of pointing this out:

1 - The thread isn't about an AIO, it's about a DIY open loop kit.
2 - I wasn't looking at buying an AIO from them, I was looking at open loop components (Maelstrom Pump/Res, 2x Hydrae rads, Apogee SKF block, tubing, fittings)
3 - Even if I was looking at buying an AIO from them, their AIO is called the Drive X3 and they manufacture it in-house - it's not a rebadged Asetek or CoolIT design like everything else is, so your criticism of AIOs in general, doesn't necessarily apply because it's a completely independent product.

Now can you maybe say something that makes... any kind of sense?

Sorry about that, no disrespect meant at all, I'm in Overview Mode. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My first post had everything to do with everything. Super-efficient CPUs 5.5Ghz do not need AIOs or water loops to achieve high clocks. Check my build log.

If you play the silicon lottery you will most likely LOSE.

Cine ST 5.5 Z390 DARK 8086K.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about that, no disrespect meant at all, I'm in Overview Mode. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My first post had everything to do with everything. Super-efficient CPUs 5.5Ghz do not need AIOs or water loops to achieve high clocks. Check my build log.

If you play the silicon lottery you will most likely LOSE.
*sigh* It really didn't. The first post doesn't even *mention* overclocking, and a lot of people who get into watercooling are looking for silence or aesthetics, not overclocking numbers. The fact you tried to wedge that into the discussion so that you could brag and peacock about your own build instead of discussing anything about the actual topic, speaks volumes about you.

I honestly didn't realise until I took a look at your post history though, quite how all-encompassing this is for you. You post about almost nothing else. You even relayed a complaint from your (presumably canadian) girlfriend that you weren't receiving enough likes for your build log, and the only thing I can say to that is - Perhaps if you seemed like you were putting in the smallest amount of effort and consideration, your build log might be better received. "Everything is black" is perhaps the laziest theming decision I can possibly think of, you've done absolutely nothing else to try and tie the aesthetic into anything related to any version of Batman, and the only other noteworthy feature of your build is that you have purchased expensive parts and put them together exactly as the manufacturers intended. You even bought your way to an overclock!

If there were such a thing as a creativity and self-awareness black hole, your build log would be it. Now please for the love of god, let this thread be about Swiftech and not your desire for validation.

Last edited:
*sigh* It really didn't. The first post doesn't even *mention* overclocking, and a lot of people who get into watercooling are looking for silence or aesthetics, not overclocking numbers. The fact you tried to wedge that into the discussion so that you could brag and peacock about your own build instead of discussing anything about the actual topic, speaks volumes about you.

I honestly didn't realise until I took a look at your post history though, quite how all-encompassing this is for you. You post about almost nothing else. You even relayed a complaint from your (presumably canadian) girlfriend that you weren't receiving enough likes for your build log, and the only thing I can say to that is - Perhaps if you seemed like you were putting in the smallest amount of effort and consideration, your build log might be better received. "Everything is black" is perhaps the laziest theming decision I can possibly think of, you've done absolutely nothing else to try and tie the aesthetic into anything related to any version of Batman, and the only other noteworthy feature of your build is that you have purchased expensive parts and put them together exactly as the manufacturers intended. You even bought your way to an overclock!

If there were such a thing as a creativity and self-awareness black hole, your build log would be it. Now please for the love of god, let this thread be about Swiftech and not your desire for validation.

Of course I bought the overclock, it's a WORK PC. There's a return on investment. :clap:

WOW. So much righteous anger. This is why normal healthy people don't post a all. :)

yea I just built a work pc, to benefit my work apps, that's all, is that wrong? And I love the hobby aspect of it all. :D

Canadian girlfriend? what the hell?

She’s Greek Italian Spanish and Irish and lovely. Dude you need help

You should seek like 12 dozen psychophysical therapists simultaneously to help you adjust to this world.

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Of course I bought the overclock, it's a WORK PC. There's a return on investment. :clap:

WOW. So much righteous anger. This is why normal healthy people don't post a all. :)

yea I just built a work pc, to benefit my work apps, that's all, is that wrong? And I love the hobby aspect of it all. :D

You should seek like 12 dozen psychophysical therapists simultaneously to help you adjust to this world.

wat.

wat. :)

It's my last day here at TPU, so don't hurt me, I try so hard to bring you guys great build information.

and it's free and I don't get paid by anyone, I buy all my own work gear by myself.

I only try to help with good solid build experience I can share

I work as a writer for Netflix and Amazon, I'm not in this pc industry, I'm not trying to get a job or get discovered by anyone. I only want to share my build experiences with other people that love the hobby

...and my work build is kind of extreme, and I LOVE IT. :)

Last edited:

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
If you buy high-binned CPUs you don't need liquid cooling. Like Duh! :eek:

When is anyone at TPU ever going to figure this simple shit out? :eek:
Having a custom loop and playing around with it is a thing just like everything other PC upgrade. I'd never go back to air/AIO cooling.

Having a custom loop and playing around with it is a thing just like everything other PC upgrade. I'd never go back to air/AIO cooling.
That's pretty much why I'm interested in buying swiftech stuff. It's another fun aspect to things and unlike a lot of PC stuff, you can invest in it and move it across rigs for quite a long time without it becoming obsolete - after all, why throw out perfectly good rads or fittings? New block every few gens and you're golden, and you still get the nice aesthetics and satisfaction.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
That's pretty much why I'm interested in buying swiftech stuff. It's another fun aspect to things and unlike a lot of PC stuff, you can invest in it and move it across rigs for quite a long time without it becoming obsolete - after all, why throw out perfectly good rads or fittings? New block every few gens and you're golden, and you still get the nice aesthetics and satisfaction.
Alphacool stuff here, though GPU block is from EK.

My loop musta had 8 or 9 vendors in my loop.

Swiftech - Dual Pump, Pump Heat Sink, and HS Fan
EK - Reservoir, Fill Tube, Water Blocks for CPU / GPUs, Rigid Tubing
Radiator - Alphacool
Fans - Phanteks (16)
Bitspower - Fittings, Rotary Firrings, Quick Disconnects, Plugs, Extensions, Temp probes, Flow meters, Adapters, Valves
Shin Etsu - CPU TIM
Gelid - GPU TIM
Indigo - Surface Cleaner
Tygon - Loop Drain Tubing

Not to mention about a half dozen tools

Not my thing personally, I have installed quite a few Swiftech AIOs ..... other than EK (both all copper), won't install anything else. But these one stop shopping kits are great for a 1st timer.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
liquid cooling is more about longevity & reliability in the long run, not pushing your prized silicon to it's limits or over it. The fact that showing off after gambling a fortune for a "well-binned" i7 chip & saying it hits well over 5GHz on all cores without the need of water is just asking to get roasted by others who don't give 2 cents about those superficial things. Keep those stuff to yourself & if you ever want to show it, at least keep it in moderation. Back to topic; *ahem* I am really intrigued in investing in a custom loop system one day, preferably soft tubing first. With so many ready to assemble kits out there, I think upgrading to custom loop will be more widely available as an option other than getting AIOs unless the fear-mongering about leakage is what holding others back...

System Name Lightning
Processor 4790K
Motherboard asrock z87 extreme 3
Cooling hwlabs black ice 20 fpi radiator, cpu mosfet blocks, MCW60 cpu block, full cover on 780Ti's
Memory corsair dominator platinum 2400C10, 32 giga, DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x780Ti
Storage intel S3700 400GB, samsung 850 pro 120 GB, a cheep intel MLC 120GB, an another even cheeper 120GB
Display(s) eizo foris fg2421
Case 700D
Audio Device(s) ESI Juli@
Power Supply seasonic platinum 1000
Mouse mx518
Software Lightning v2.0a
you don't have to affraid the leaking, there are leak detection systems you can add, they beep verry loud when there is water.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,OCZ Vector 512GB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
Yup, my loop build is a collection of parts. Mainly because if you stick with one manufacturer you end up paying for it.

I've the following:

EK CPU block
EK Pump/res combo
Phanteks GPU block
XSPC radiators (360mm)
EK ACF fittings
Primochill tubing
XSPC premix

I used EK's and Phanteks' paste, I believe both had Thermal Grizzly paste, which is hard to beat.

Yup, my loop build is a collection of parts. Mainly because if you stick with one manufacturer you end up paying for it.

I've the following:

EK CPU block
EK Pump/res combo
Phanteks GPU block
XSPC radiators (360mm)
EK ACF fittings
Primochill tubing
XSPC premix

I used EK's and Phanteks' paste, I believe both had Thermal Grizzly paste, which is hard to beat.
See, my logic for sticking with one manufacturer's parts, is that said manufacturer is less likely to have used a different grade of copper, or alloy of fittings or whatever, so you're less likely to encounter weird issues as a result of mixing metals or parts. Ditto for coolant - They'll have checked it out using their own stuff, not so much other people's.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,OCZ Vector 512GB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
See, my logic for sticking with one manufacturer's parts, is that said manufacturer is less likely to have used a different grade of copper, or alloy of fittings or whatever, so you're less likely to encounter weird issues as a result of mixing metals or parts. Ditto for coolant - They'll have checked it out using their own stuff, not so much other people's.

I mean, if you're really overly concerned about it you can go that way. But everything is copper in my system, so there really isn't any need to worry. What I mean is, I think you're over-analyzing things. :)

I mean, if you're really overly concerned about it you can go that way. But everything is copper in my system, so there really isn't any need to worry. What I mean is, I think you're over-analyzing things. :)
Everything was copper in one of JayzTwoCents recent builds as well - then he found a corroded radiator plug anyway. His other radiator plug was fine but was also from a different brand.