• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro Exodus Developer Discusses Boycott of the PC Platform for Sequels over Steam Review Bombing

Nkd

I understand the outrage but man I have steam too and I don't understand this hate for games that are not going to steam. I mean it just proves you love steam more than you love the game. I would love for everything to be on steam but I also understand the monopoly they have over everything. So I don't mind at all and people need to keep calm heads when it comes to this. This steam or nothing mentality makes no sense.

Heck, I can pretty much bet that steam probably makes way higher margins and less money back in developer's pocket. We should all be for developers making their money back so they can invest more back. Bash me for it, I love steam but I will never be boycotting shit because I play games because of the game not because I am a steam fanboy. People should be pissed if they already purchased and they lost their right to play on steam. Which doesnt seem to be the issue here. Just cuz you can't buy it on steam? common!

Bash me all you want but this love for steam is pure nonsense. Developers need to make money too and I can bet they are glad for EPIC fighting steam. Don't understand this mad love for steam lol. Don't buy that is your right but steam isn't entitled to every game. Its like if its not on amazon I am not going to buy it. Dumb!

I'd be more sympathetic if EA were actually trying to give STEAM real competition and thus helping improve STEAM as well. Competition is good for consumers and businesses. This is just EA trying to undercut STEAM but in no way improve the model. Consumers will lose out in the end. Metro should have been on both services and let the market decide where they want to purchase the game. You can't say it's coming to STEAM and take pre-orders and then screw people over because you found a better deal. If they had never announced it was coming to STEAM in the first place they wouldn't be in this shit storm. I won't be using EA's store ever.

Nkd

I'd be more sympathetic if EA were actually trying to give STEAM real competition and thus helping improve STEAM as well. Competition is good for consumers and businesses. This is just EA trying to undercut STEAM but in no way improve the model. Consumers will lose out in the end. Metro should have been on both services and let the market decide where they want to purchase the game. You can't say it's coming to STEAM and take pre-orders and then screw people over because you found a better deal. If they had never announced it was coming to STEAM in the first place they wouldn't be in this shit storm. I won't be using EA's store ever.

But those people with preorder get to keep their game on steam so how did they get screwed over though? Also, the game will be $10 cheaper on EPIC store as a result of 88/12 split. So they are passing on the savings to consumers. As always people will bitch and steam is crying because they lost their margins. Maybe steam should lower their fees as well. I will never blame the developer for wanting more money back, so they can invest more in the future. Steam has a monopoly and lets be real about it. If you play a game because of the game no one should be boycotting shit. If you preordered on steam you get to keep the game on steam and you will get all updates through steam.

I'll take the dollar 10 discount over my love for steam. lol.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
The reason ppl don't want to take 2 minutes to install another game launcher is because IT'S ANOTHER GAME INSTALLER that none of us want.

We already have steam, Uplay, origin and now epics'? No thanks.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Good. Let them leave. If their response to customers calling them out on anti-consumer actions is to whine like entitled babies, then they deserve to stay on consoles. Metro is primarily a PC franchise, much like crysis was. Forcing your customer to go through a single storefront to consume your product is inherently anti consumer and anti-competition. I dont give EA or ubisoft a break for forcing uplay and origin on us, 4A doesnt get a break either. And if they want to act like us gamers should be GRATEFUL that they bother to publish their games on PC at all, and tell people "support us or we will leave", then screw them. They can keep that kind of abusive, entitled corporate attitude.

I say let them leave, and let the door hit them on the way out. Other developers can fill in the gap they provide, and when their sales take a massive hit and they come crawling back, we can laugh in their faces for being complete dunderheads.

System Name Xeon build X58 / Main Rig X79
Processor Intel Xeon x5650 @ 4.2Ghz with HT / Xeon E5 1650 v2 @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme socket 1366 / Asus P9X79 Pro socket 2011
Cooling Thermalright Archon +Ty 140mm|Fans : 2 front-1top-1rear-1bottom/ Gelid Phantom Twin Tower
Memory 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingstone Hyper x Quad Channel / 16gb DDR3 1600MHZ Patriot Viper 3
Video Card(s) Sapphire hd 7950 3gb Boost edition dual fan X / ZOTAC 1080 Ti Blower Edition
Storage Kingstone AV400ssd 120gb+Seagate B 2Tb+WD g 1tb+WD g 3tb+WD r 3tb+Seagate B 4tb+Lexar 2Tb NVMe
Display(s) AOC E2460S 24" 1080p 60hz 1ms / LG 32UK550B 32" UHD 4K HDR 10 with Freesync
Case Enermax Phoenix / Fractal Design Arc midi
Audio Device(s) SoundMaxHD+5.1 BHT1100 BLUESKY,Fiio E10 Olympus+SuperluxHD668b+KZ HBB pr2,Superlux E205.
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 650W semi modular / Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular
Mouse Generic Mice / Corsair M90
Keyboard Generic Keyboard / Microsoft WK600
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 /Windows 10 Pro 64
'll take the dollar 10 discount over my love for steam. lol.
The 10$ discount is only for US not Europe so nope is dickery .
All this situation don't make any sense and is all Koch Media fault in the first place.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
The reason ppl don't want to take 2 minutes to install another game launcher is because IT'S ANOTHER GAME INSTALLER that none of us want.
Remember when games were shipped on disks? Virtually every game had its own dedicated installer and launcher. There was no management other than shortcuts spammed in the Start Menu and on the Desktop. Microsoft tried to rectify that with the Game Explorer introduced in Vista. The ecosystem today, even with more competitors launching their own storefronts, is mild compared to what it was.

Monopolies are terrible.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
All this situation don't make any sense and is all Koch Media fault in the first place.
Exactly, Koch and THQ Nordic. These decisions are made by publishers. Everybody blaming 4A needs to just stop.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Exactly, Koch and THQ Nordic. These decisions are made by publishers. Everybody blaming 4A needs to just stop.
4A studios chose to partner with THQ nordic. They chose to enlist themselves with greedy publishers. They deserve just as much blame for joining with publishers as publishers deserve for pushing these ideas.

In this era of digital distribution, there is 0 reason to partner with publishers unless you want a physical release, and then it should ONLY be for the physical release. Digital releases have 0 reason to use a publisher.

If you join a gang then get shot by a rival gang, you are just as much at fault for joining the gang in the first place as the the other gang is at fault for shooting you. Same thing applies here. 4A made their bed, one of 4As DEVELOPERS is talking about this boycott, not THQ or Koch, they absolutely deserve this backlash. There is 0 reason to use publishers in the digital age other then greed/laziness.

Remember when games were shipped on disks? Virtually every game had its own dedicated installer and launcher. There was no management other than shortcuts spammed in the Start Menu and on the Desktop. Microsoft tried to rectify that with the Game Explorer introduced in Vista. The ecosystem today, even with more competitors launching their own storefronts, is mild compared to what it was.

Monopolies are terrible.
Remember when Steam became popular because you didnt need to create logons for tons of other developers and deal with different launchers?

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
4A studios chose to partner with THQ nordic. They chose to enlist themselves with greedy publishers. They deserve just as much blame for joining with publishers as publishers deserve for pushing these ideas.
You really are clueless. It wasn’t just yesterday they “joined up” with THQ and Koch. They have been with them for awhile. Developers have almost no voice in anything. Most of them work like slaves. You blaming 4A for joining THQ is like me blaming you if one day your employer suddenly turns into this evil agency intent on causing world chaos. It makes no sense.

I know it is tough for you to process, but the 4A employee is merely laying out the facts of what will happen. Their publisher who they are under contract with will not give them money for a future PC game. That’s all he is saying.

System Name Desktop | Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Intel Core i7 7700HQ
Motherboard MAG X570S Torpedo Max| Neptune KLS HM175
Cooling Corsair H100x | Twin fan, fin stack & heat pipes
Memory 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GVK @ 3600MHz / 16-16-16-36-1T | 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz / 17-17-17-39-2T
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + Kingston KC3000 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 970 Evo 500GB
Display(s) 32" Dell G3223Q (2160p @ 144Hz) | 17" IPS 1920x1080P
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact | Aspire V Nitro BE
Audio Device(s) ifi Audio ZEN DAC V2 + Focal Radiance / HyperX Solocast
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000W | 150W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate | Logitech MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 Optical (Linear Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
I've already got Steam, Origin, UPlay, Galaxy, Rockstar Social, Windows Store/Xbox Live and battle.net, so what's one more eh?

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
Before I got to the last paragraph I was thinking "this isn't the developer", starting with the weird rant about pirates, considering it's not out yet, and then he goes on about how much he's played those games? That's really odd and he sounds like a fan masquerading as a developer.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2

We already have steam, Uplay, origin and now epics'? No thanks.
us? you got a frogger in your pocket? Speak for yourself. I dont mind, but I'm a Gamer at Heart. I buy a game not a launcher.

Monopolies are terrible.
Omg, each game installed an installer when there was no "standard" from MS, think win95/8.

Before I got to the last paragraph I was thinking "this isn't the developer", starting with the weird rant about pirates, considering it's not out yet, and then he goes on about how much he's played those games? That's really odd and he sounds like a fan masquerading as a developer.
a lot of developers are avid gamers.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Remember when Steam became popular because you didnt need to create logons for tons of other developers and deal with different launchers?
Steam became popular because of the sales. Coincidentally, fantastic sales ended circa 2014 too. Mind you, that's not Valve's fault. It was publishers themselves getting a little too carried away with big Steam Sale events. They cut prices on products more than they should have because they got swept away in the hype. Once they learned that Steam Sale events actually wipe out most of their potential sales, they now take it slow (10% -> 33% -> 50% -> drop MSRP $10 -> 50% -> drop MSRP $10 -> 50% -> etc.). Games usually take years to reach $15 now unless they bombed (like MEA) where during the hype time it happened in 6-12 months.

Because publishers are wise to how digital sales work now, no competitor can gain the edge that Steam did in those few years when publishers were trying to figure the market out.

And remember, Steam has a thousands of thousands of exclusives. The fact there is so much stink over a publisher doing a time exclusive on Epic Games Store shows how much mindshare Steam has. Just keep in mind that developers and publishers aren't very happy with Valve and haven't been for a long time because Steam is crowded now. It's hard to stand out without spending millions in mainstream marketing. Origin exists because EA doesn't want to give 30% of their revenue to Valve. For what? Running a few servers? AAA games cost millions to make, millions to market, and are pennies to digital distribute. Valve should have seen the defections coming from mile away. Ubisoft didn't abandon Steam completely because they feel the exposure outweighs the cost.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I will be staying away from this Dev and Publisher. No way to treat your fans. MAy be put it back on Steam store if you dont want ppl protesting, which is only be done by not buying it or review bombing.

Review bombing is never justified. You are being asked to review the content of the game, not the publisher.

Bleh, that's utopian thinking and I know it, but it's still true.

Let’s everyone take a step back and realize nothing has advanced beyond what we already knew prior to today. We know after last week’s announcement that no more Steam preorders would be available, and the sales from that point forward are on Epic. We know that THQ and Steam both said that all Steam preorders would be honored and totally supported in the Steam community and platform.

What we don’t know for sure is if this statement was by the dev company, or by a loose cannon employee, or just someone spouting off. We also don’t know, as one of our members asserted here, that any Steam keys sold must go through the Epic launcher.

So let’s relax until we know facts.

Thank god someone's marbles ain't loose in this whole fiasco.

A console-exclusive AAA FPS?

You say that like it's a new idea or something...

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
If you don't like it, wait until the contract expires and buy it where you want.

What, you mean this game will be available elsewhere? And I don't have to install the Epic Launcher?

*POOF* Mind blown.....

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
All I have to say is 4A Games/Deep Silver has lost a ton of current customers on top of new, potential customers who has yet to play the previous Metro games. Pulling a last minute changes shows how much of a dick they are.

meanwhile bad promotion is still promotion
the more we talk, the more audience gat to know about "metro"

System Name Dell Dimension P120
Processor Intel Pentium 120 MHz 60Mhz FSB
Motherboard Dell Pentium
Memory 24 MB EDO
Video Card(s) Matrox Millennium 2MB
Storage 1 GB EIDE HDD
Display(s) Dell 15 inch crt
Case Dell Dimension
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Mouse Microsoft mouse, no scroll wheel
Keyboard Dell 1995
Software Windows 95 + Office 95
well people here in the West should be boycotting Russian products after their attempts to manipulate elections in several western countries
so yeah no more Metro games for me at least

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
well people here in the West should be boycotting Russian products after their attempts to manipulate elections in several western countries

This must be a joke.

The whole Russiagate thing is a huge joke to begin with.

And let me remind you how US attempts, attempted and even worked on Russian elections back in 1996. Or how about Venezuela now?

So that is the most stupid excuse I have heard.

Maybe it hasn't also occurred to you yet that A4 games isn't in Russia, eh?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You're going out of context again. Comparing apples to oranges mean anything to you?

No not really. There are lots of commercial things you dont control and have to live with, and yet, you dont see this kind if outrage over essentially minor things elsewhere. What you see is people vote with their wallet. I have yet to see that here. I think its much ado about nothing.

except epic is playing dirty there not interested in giving developers a piece of the pie

here is how this is gonna go for the people that don't get it

epic is gonna offer a tasty agreement to get devs signed on, then once they have signed away there rights there gonna ratchet the percent they take right up to the limit

epic is not the good guy here there the bad guys there playing dirty because they want a piece of the digital distribution pie and if you think for a nano second they give two fucks about the developers you obviously understand very little

And lord Gaben is any different? Where's that HL3 at, by the way? Oh yeah... Steam was enough of a cash cow, it was too much effort for him as he was swimming in money from a 30% cut.

Let's keep unproven politics out of this.
And there's a choice. It has nothing to do with the topic, but it does show someone voting with their wallet.
No not really.
Yes, really.
What you see is people vote with their wallet.
Then you're not paying attention.