• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

I am using APP 3.20301.311 + Gaming App 3.20301.311, everything is fine
I have fix the Hub 500 +Hub700 gaming preset xml file few day ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm4nc..._w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings_06022019.7z/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/39gza..._w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings_06022019.7z/file

I tried this presets, same driver error problem, i tried with & without realtek uad, no luck

Audio Enhancers site is not responding, error in opening webpage, tried in chrome, firefox, edge etc, this site is not opening

https://itsssl.com/GOpGe

@alanfox2000 Apo driver 2.4.1 made me format my pc. I installed Dolby Atmos gaming regular instructions and after all things, it gave me the reinstall Dolby driver error message. I'm not using it till it fixed.

Hey all, long time lurker first time posting.

Just wanted to share my findings in all kinds of trail and error using the SPDIF endpoint with Dolby Digital live or DTSi. I have tried most everyone's custom drivers and learned a lot for my application through them. Credit to @alanfox2000 @Alan Finote for the work they put in, its obvious to me the effort given and I am very grateful. For my application Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming is the best sounding enhancer for SPDIF using DDL or DTSi, but it was a bit tricky for me to get working correctly without being in "headphone" mode only giving sound to two front left and right with the center without the sub.

For me the solution was to only install the latest driver and patching the DLL's, the two options are to patch the current .dll with corresponding driver pack, or to use the 2015 .dll that has been shared on this site as well as the ROG forums. I choose to patch the current driver .dll and only receive DDL. Although the 2015 .dll gives both options on my 1220A Realtek chip from my Crosshair VI, I have seen problems when trying to separate the front jack into headphone only and using DTSi. I did some research and found some had some issues with that as well as it seems that DTSi likes to have the stream that gets assigned to the front headphone jack when separated available to function properly. I don't know why, I didn't dive that deep into it as I just decided to take the more cautious route and just move forward with DDL. I like to separate my front jack because while using Atmos for Gaming it is the only way it consistently switches to headphone profile.

So to wrap up that wall of text... for me its patch your diver to have SPDIF surround, use APO tool and configure to use Atmos on all endpoints including SPDIF. 3.3 or 3.2 XML work, 3.2 less buggy it seems. Configure default.xml for 6 channels. Start FX configurator and apply {A29EB043-6CE2-4ee2-B38C-F58719E0D88F} to endpoint fx apo, and composite endpoint apo, apply and then restart sound driver or just restart computer. You now should be able to use DDL 5.1 with Atmos enhancing it. Sounds wonderful, I put my receiver on Cinema and use corresponding profiles within Atmos, loving it. I am starting to tweak the settings on my receiver to best fit the setup now and am pretty new to the whole scene if anyone has any advice on that.

Keep up the great work, love the insight shared here.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-02-18 124349.png
    Annotation 2019-02-18 124349.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 427
  • SPDIF Dolby Digital Live W Atmos XML 3.2.txt
    2 KB · Views: 419
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2

Just wanted to share my findings in all kinds of trail and error using the SPDIF endpoint with Dolby Digital live or DTSi. I have tried most everyone's custom drivers and learned a lot for my application through them. Credit to @alanfox2000 @Alan Finote for the work they put in, its obvious to me the effort given and I am very grateful. For my application Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming is the best sounding enhancer for SPDIF using DDL or DTSi, but it was a bit tricky for me to get working correctly without being in "headphone" mode only giving sound to two front left and right with the center without the sub.

For me the solution was to only install the latest driver and patching the DLL's, the two options are to patch the current .dll with corresponding driver pack, or to use the 2015 .dll that has been shared on this site as well as the ROG forums. I choose to patch the current driver .dll and only receive DDL. Although the 2015 .dll gives both options on my 1220A Realtek chip from my Crosshair VI, I have seen problems when trying to separate the front jack into headphone only and using DTSi. I did some research and found some had some issues with that as well as it seems that DTSi likes to have the stream that gets assigned to the front headphone jack when separated available to function properly. I don't know why, I didn't dive that deep into it as I just decided to take the more cautious route and just move forward with DDL. I like to separate my front jack because while using Atmos for Gaming it is the only way it consistently switches to headphone profile.

So to wrap up that wall of text... for me its patch your diver to have SPDIF surround, use APO tool and configure to use Atmos on all endpoints including SPDIF. 3.3 or 3.2 XML work, 3.2 less buggy it seems. Configure default.xml for 6 channels. Start FX configurator and apply {A29EB043-6CE2-4ee2-B38C-F58719E0D88F} to endpoint fx apo, and composite endpoint apo, apply and then restart sound driver or just restart computer. You now should be able to use DDL 5.1 with Atmos enhancing it. Sounds wonderful, I put my receiver on Cinema and use corresponding profiles within Atmos, loving it. I am starting to tweak the settings on my receiver to best fit the setup now and am pretty new to the whole scene if anyone has any advice on that.

Like I read these Lines, I wanna know, how you're gonna make to configure this "Default.xml" for some Count of Channels, in your Example 6ch. I'm asking in Case of wishing the same for up to 8 Channels. Could you pls help me?

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Like I read these Lines, I wanna know, how you're gonna make to configure this "Default.xml" for some Count of Channels, in your Example 6ch. I'm asking in Case of wishing the same for up to 8 Channels. Could you pls help me?
-> 7.1 speakers: total_count="8" front_count="3" side_count="4" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"

I'm not quite sure if you're asking about up-mixing from 6 to 8 channels using this? From my experience with just Atmos, no. In my experience the only one that up-mixes correctly and spreads the missing two rear channels into the current surround channels is NAHIMIC specifically via Sonic Studio 3. When I have that configured to work with DDL it up mixes from 6 to 8 channels correctly, it just leave a lot to be desired sound wise comparatively.

Here are my two personal 3.3 and 3.2 XML if someone would like to try.

Attachments

• Default3.3.txt
    80.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Default3.2.txt
    56 KB · Views: 190
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I'm not quite sure if you're asking about up-mixing from 6 to 8 channels using this? From my experience with just Atmos, no. In my experience the only one that up-mixes correctly and spreads the missing two rear channels into the current surround channels is NAHIMIC specifically via Sonic Studio 3. When I have that configured to work with DDL it up mixes from 6 to 8 channels correctly, it just leave a lot to be desired sound wise comparatively.
DDL, 8 channel? What is this?

DDL, 8 channel? What is this?

It is up-mixed, not real 8 channel. As far as my testing has gone it is the only enhancer that within games (I use in game speaker testing, LOTR Shadow of War is most useful for this, to test surround functionality) it shows the 7.1 instead of 5.1 for DDL. It is also the only one when doing so keeps the surround actually being surround instead of headphone mode, and when you test in the games it tests correctly. It mixes the two missing surround speakers into active surround speakers only, not in the front channels. I'm just not crazy about the overall quality of it compared to Atmos, mainly their "Smart Volume" and environment settings which seem to be either backwards in the case of smart volume or revert to studio on application close for environment. Reverting to studio may be intentional for now because any other setting seems to be a reverberating mess.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
It is up-mixed, not real 8 channel. As far as my testing has gone it is the only enhancer that within games (I use in game speaker testing, LOTR Shadow of War is most useful for this, to test surround functionality) it shows the 7.1 instead of 5.1 for DDL. It is also the only one when doing so keeps the surround actually being surround instead of headphone mode, and when you test in the games it tests correctly. It mixes the two missing surround speakers into active surround speakers only, not in the front channels. I'm just not crazy about the overall quality of it compared to Atmos, mainly their "Smart Volume" and environment settings which seem to be either backwards in the case of smart volume or revert to studio on application close for environment. Reverting to studio may be intentional for now because any other setting seems to be a reverberating mess.
It is still outputting 5.1 Dolby Digital, right?
Where do you see 7.1 out? in games?

It is still outputting 5.1 Dolby Digital, right?
Where do you see 7.1 out? in games?
Yes still outputting 5.1 dolby digital, it just shows 7.1 out in games. I have seen games report the same when you use Atmos for Headphones, it reports 7.1 out. SS3 is just the only one I have seen that changes the output without messing up speaker config I.E. playing front channels only. You can kind of test what I'm talking about if you have a game that reports output, and even better test each channel, by choosing atmos for headphones on your SPDIF... then go test. It should show 7.1 output but only use front and center channel when testing individual channels.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Yes still outputting 5.1 dolby digital, it just shows 7.1 out in games. I have seen games report the same when you use Atmos for Headphones, it reports 7.1 out. SS3 is just the only one I have seen that changes the output without messing up speaker config I.E. playing front channels only. You can kind of test what I'm talking about if you have a game that reports output, and even better test each channel, by choosing atmos for headphones on your SPDIF... then go test. It should show 7.1 output but only use front and center channel when testing individual channels.
Your situation is quite strange. I do not usually play games; but I do play movies with 7.1 DTS-HD MA. These files, I downmix them to 5.1 using DAG. It does receive 7.1 properly. The predecessor app, Dolby Digital Plus and PCEE4 also is designed for up to 7.1; as these papers show.

Your situation is quite strange. I do not usually play games; but I do play movies with 7.1 DTS-HD MA. These files, I downmix them to 5.1 using DAG. It does receive 7.1 properly. The predecessor app, Dolby Digital Plus and PCEE4 also is designed for up to 7.1; as these papers show.
Yeah, I've always been aware they could do up to 7.1, Atmos is supposed to as well. SS3 has just been the only one I have seen in games auto change the endpoint count to 7.1 and mix the surrounds correctly without any configuration. I've always found it strange, it's why I mentioned it. Atmos doesn't do anything similar even when changing the default.xml for 7.1 it only shows a 5.1 endpoint in the games I use to test. In general I have found that games take your windows speaker settings for endpoint config, DDL reports 6 speakers to the OS through sound control panel so in most cases games follow suit, except when using SS3 it then shows 6 speakers in sound control panel, but reports 7.1 or 8 channels in games. I've always wondered is that even beneficial? In my experience with it, it was not. If I could get games to report 7.1 endpoint with proper mixing using atmos would spaciousness increase? I only have a 5.1 system so my intuition tells me no, but I am curious.

There is another method to get Dolby Atmos with DDL or DTSi. Not need to patch dll every time realtek driver update.
Get the utility and follow these step
DTSi: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.228612/post-3990302
DDL: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.228612/post-3992587

Last edited:
There is another method to get Dolby Atmos with DDL or DTSi. Not need to patch dll every time realtek driver update.
DTSi: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.228612/post-3990302
DDL: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.228612/post-3992587

I have tried this way, mainly with UAD driver, it works well with SPDIF endpoint and this would be my method save for the fact that when I use custom platform dump of any kind, even to force my own sub id for old Realtek control panel, it prevents me from separating front jack audio stream from back. I wouldn't mind except when I use Atmos with this setup I cant get it to switch to headphone profile, this is the case plugging into front or rear jack. I am then forced to use default.xml which I have configured for 6 channels on my headphone endpoint which doesn't sound as good as the headphone profiles.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Yeah, I've always been aware they could do up to 7.1, Atmos is supposed to as well. SS3 has just been the only one I have seen in games auto change the endpoint count to 7.1 and mix the surrounds correctly without any configuration. I've always found it strange, it's why I mentioned it. Atmos doesn't do anything similar even when changing the default.xml for 7.1 it only shows a 5.1 endpoint in the games I use to test. In general I have found that games take your windows speaker settings for endpoint config, DDL reports 6 speakers to the OS through sound control panel so in most cases games follow suit, except when using SS3 it then shows 6 speakers in sound control panel, but reports 7.1 or 8 channels in games. I've always wondered is that even beneficial? In my experience with it, it was not. If I could get games to report 7.1 endpoint with proper mixing using atmos would spaciousness increase? I only have a 5.1 system so my intuition tells me no, but I am curious.
I now understand. Yes, Most APOs do not report a change in endpoint playback support, they only report the endpoint audio capability; though the APO can process it. You can often force a change in the game settings to 7.1 even if the endpoint does not report support and the APO will then process the audio downmix 7.1->5.1.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260

I want to install an UAD Driver, for using the Realtek UWP, but setup fails :-( Do you have an UAD-Driver for the ALC892 on ASUS Sabertooth 99FX R2.0?

Can anyone help me? I just replace my mobo to B360G Strix. I reinstall win10 for clean and using APO Driver 4.1.0. with soundblaster connect UWP and Dolby but no audio effect. for sound driver I use UAD driver from alanfox but didnt add nahimic 3rd party in the create setup step. All C++ VC .net native already installed

Can anyone help me? I just replace my mobo to B360G Strix. I reinstall win10 for clean and using APO Driver 4.1.0. with soundblaster connect UWP and Dolby but no audio effect. for sound driver I use UAD driver from alanfox but didnt add nahimic 3rd party in the create setup step. All C++ VC .net native already installed

Use one Audio Enhancer at once, multiple is not good option

I used its before on my ALC887 h110m ds2 and its works fine. I only used the Immersion function on Creative for upmixing stereo audio source to 5.1 speaker. But now I changed to this mobo I cant make it work again

I want to install an UAD Driver, for using the Realtek UWP, but setup fails :-( Do you have an UAD-Driver for the ALC892 on ASUS Sabertooth 99FX R2.0?
Follow the instructions here : https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver/wiki

at the beginning I think SS3 is good at upmixing. Welllllll, I was wrong, the upmixing transform the vocal to the center and all 4 other speakers have some weird sound, its suck. So I decide to move back with the SBC UWP with Dolby Speaker Sys Gaming. But none of their effect work, even indiviually

I used its before on my ALC887 h110m ds2 and its works fine. I only used the Immersion function on Creative for upmixing stereo audio source to 5.1 speaker. But now I changed to this mobo I cant make it work again

Follow the instructions here : https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver/wiki

at the beginning I think SS3 is good at upmixing. Welllllll, I was wrong, the upmixing transform the vocal to the center and all 4 other speakers have some weird sound, its suck. So I decide to move back with the SBC UWP with Dolby Speaker Sys Gaming. But none of their effect work, even indiviually

So, which audio enhancer you are going to use, which is best according to you ?

Most people find DOLBY GAMING to be good in comparison with other top audio enhancers