• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Announces the K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
CORSAIR , a world leader in PC gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, today announced the launch of the new CORSAIR K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard, bringing unprecedented control and versatility to living room PCs and home entertainment setups. Merging refined style and aluminum construction with advanced navigation and flexible control over a range of multiple devices, including smart TVs and streaming media players, the K83 Wireless is the centerpiece of any modern living room entertainment center

Alongside its stylish anodized aluminum frame and white LED backlit custom CORSAIR ultra-low profile key switches, the K83 boasts an intuitive key layout that puts all the entertainment essentials within easy reach, whether you're searching for the next episode, controlling playback, or exploring the latest game. Its contoured keycaps help your fingers settle in comfortably with a host of media shortcuts and hotkeys.

But browsing large media libraries requires more than keys, and the K83 Wireless includes a wealth of ways to browse content or even play games casually from the couch. An analogue joystick makes easy work of menus and content browsing and plays games like a gamepad when combined with the familiar WASD keys. A precision multi-touch touchpad and dedicated right/left click buttons make mouse cursor movement and clicks easy, with separate left and right click buttons also found on the keyboard's shoulders. Whether you're navigating through menus on your TV, streaming media player, or living room PC running Windows 10, the K83 Wireless offers a huge array options to make browsing content easier, while also uniquely capable of driving a great casual gaming experience.

CORSAIR's proprietary wireless technology connects to USB-compatible devices for easy setup and ultra-fast 1 ms 2.4 GHz wireless speed, using 128-bit AES wireless encryption to protect your personal data. The addition of low-latency Bluetooth wireless offers further flexibility to quickly connect to even more devices without a USB port. A USB-rechargeable battery powers the K83 Wireless, providing up to 40 hours of continuous use.

Finally, the K83 Wireless takes advantage of CORSAIR iCUE software for powerful customization through a single intuitive interface. Users can recalibrate and fine-tune the joystick, create macros and remap keys, adjust the LED backlighting, and configure Windows touchpad gestures.

With the ability to control PC's, compatible smart TV's, streaming media players and more, the K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard lets you take command of your living room entertainment like never before.

The CORSAIR K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard is available immediately from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors, as well as direct from the CORSAIR webstore.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

It seems ok, but I have an issue with this being Corsair. I just feel some of the gaming/RGB lunacy will strike at the worst moment... Not a brand that comes to mind when thinking about sleek and robust PC accessories... If only it had a Logitech logo. :)

And going back to gaming. Is this going to work with Xbox? Any educated guess?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
It seems ok, but I have an issue with this being Corsair. I just feel some of the gaming/RGB lunacy will strike at the worst moment... Not a brand that comes to mind when thinking about sleek and robust PC accessories... If only it had a Logitech logo. :)

You might need something similar to the Apex Xim adapter to make the most of it.

Our review of the K83 is here, for those interested: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CORSAIR/K83_Wireless/

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

have you been scrolling the news lately? RGB Fever is everywhere.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

Luckily it is white LED only. But I bet a mor expensive RGB version isn't that far off.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Luckily it is white LED only. But I bet a mor expensive RGB version isn't that far off.

Doubt it, battery life will suffer a lot. Maybe their new Capellix LEDs will help, but it will be used in the more traditional mechanical wireless keyboard market first.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Doubt it, battery life will suffer a lot. Maybe their new Capellix LEDs will help, but it will be used in the more traditional mechanical wireless keyboard market first.

People that will buy a RGB livingRoom keyboard don't care about battery life. :D

Reactions: VSG
System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
@notb Logitech are at least as bad IME. Neither are great with warranty, Logitech likely being the worse of the two.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
I'd buy one if it was not for the colored WASD

There is no RGB lighting on this, and you can easily turn off lighting entirely as mentioned in the review linked previously.
I've barely had time to browse anything. I'll get around to reading that review eventually.