• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Robust, Full-Metal Water Blocks - EK-Velocity WS and EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
EK Water Blocks, the leading premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is releasing the EK-Velocity WS, a robust premium grade water block for narrow ILM LGA 3647 (Socket P) Intel processors, and the EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme, a VRM water block tailor-made for the ROG Dominus Extreme motherboard. Both are all metal water blocks with nickel plated copper cold plates and nickel plated brass tops. No compromise on quality, durability, and performance!

EK-Velocity WS
This cooling solution is built for maximum performance, reliability, rigidity and absolutely no compromises. EK-Velocity WS is a premium, full-metal water block which was specifically developed for LGA 3647 (Socket P) Intel processors. The cooling core of the new CPU water block was refined to manage the heat dissipation of the latest lineup of Xeon desktop and server processors.

The EK-Velocity WS - Narrow ILM water block's precisely machined copper base ('cold plate') is made from the purest copper available on the market and is treated with nickel electroplating. The top is full metal, made from quality nickel plated brass. This means the block is incredibly sturdy and will last as long as you're using the platform. The EK badge is RGB LED illuminated, and compatible with all popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 4-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +12V marking on the RGB header.

EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme
Designed and engineered specifically for the ASUS ROG Dominus motherboard and its VRM section, the cooling engine ensures low operating temperatures of the components and perfect fitment. The water block makes contact with both MOSFETs and inductor coils via thermal pads. As liquid flows directly over critical areas, it provides a great solution to enthusiasts for high and stable overclocks.

This VRM water block also improves the rigidity of the motherboard due to an all-metal design. A high-quality product with no compromises for a high-end motherboard! The base of the monoblock is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality nickel plated brass. The EK Badge has integrated RGB illumination with a 4-pin 12V RGB LED connector that connects to the motherboard's 4-pin LED header or it can be connected to any other standard 12V 4-pin LED controller. It fully supports ASUS AURA LED control software.

Availability and pricing
The EK-Velocity WS and EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme water blocks are made in Slovenia, Europe and are available for pre-order through the EK Webshop or EK Partner Reseller Network. EK-Velocity WS and EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme water blocks will start shipping on Friday, 5th of April 2019 for an MSRP of 249.90€ and 219.90€ (inc. VAT) respectively.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Looks beautiful. But I will wait for Ice Lake instead. Skylake is milked out dry at this point and the only real upgrade is with those next-gen Sunny Cove cores.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
[QUOTE="dicktracy, post: 4020968, member: 173119"..... the only real upgrade is with those next-gen Sunny Cove cores.[/QUOTE]
Uh Oh, sounds like someone at Intel was preoccupied with retirement villages when they named that one …. :laugh:

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
These blocks look very cool.
But LGA3647 is far from my needs.
I expect to upgrade new platform at the late 2020.
I want to see improvement on every field, PCI-E 5.0, DDR5, and new types of core with a lot of improvement in single threaded performance on processor up to 10 cores.
I have Haswell-E with option to use Broadwell-E on same motherboard, with up to 10 cores and frequency 4.3GHz maybe. Upgrade on newer DDR5 platform for me is like upgrade from Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge to Haswell... Let's wait something new and some step forward in technology. Not only spend tones of money on marketing newest boxes.

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Im sure those two ppl that bought ASUS Dominus are happy.

Let's say this, my computer in my region is like ASUS Dominus in USA or UK, Japan.
That's ratio between average monthly payment and economic situation.
With same strategy as mine n region where monthly payment is less than 300 euro and most young people work for 200 euro some guys in USA could be able to buy ASUS Dominus and Intel Xeon.
I just paid average monthly payment for 1TB NVMe M.2... In UK that's like some Englishman buy Samsung PM1725b 6.4TB worth 3000 or 3.2TB capacity.

2000 EUR Motherboard, 4000 EUR CPU, 500 EUR Motherboard Waterblock. Isnt this a bit too much ?
Thats allmost 5000 EUR, and you dont even get 64 PCI express lanes.

I got 128 PCI lanes on my 32 core CPU right now, and it costed 2800 eur including Motherboard. The choice is simple.
PS4.

2000 EUR Motherboard, 4000 EUR CPU, 500 EUR Motherboard Waterblock. Isnt this a bit too much ?
Thats allmost 5000 EUR, and you dont even get 64 PCI express lanes.

I got 128 PCI lanes on my 32 core CPU right now, and it costed 2800 eur including Motherboard. The choice is simple.
PS4.

Its "bragging" rights setup. Typical "mine is bigger than yours".

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Surprised this doesn't come factory fitted.....

Processor Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard MSI x470 gaming plus
Cooling coolermaster AIO
Memory 16gb Gskill tridentz
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix Geforce RTX 2060
Storage Crucial NVME M.2 1 TB pcie SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD.
Display(s) LG 34" superwide 2560x1080
Case Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) USB Audio Interface with Stereo Studio Monitors.
Power Supply EVGA 600watt 80 plus
Mouse gskill "ripjaw" LOL
Keyboard Piece of shit Lenovo Freebie - best keyboard ever.
Software Win 10.
Such a nice setup, but there is no freaking way I would pay that much money for all of that.
I mean, that's just ridiculous.