• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Unveils Momentum CPU+VRM Monoblock for ASUS Maximus XI Extreme

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EK Water Blocks, premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer from Europe, is releasing a new Intel LGA1151 socket based monoblock from the Quantum Line. The EK-Momentum Maximus XI Extreme is tailor-made for the ROG Maximus XI Extreme motherboard. The monoblock is equipped with a 3-pin D-RGB LED strip and it offers unparallel aesthetical customization alongside superior performance with VRM cooling. The RGB LED in the monoblock is compatible with ASUS AURA RGB control, thus offering a full lighting customization experience for every single diode separately.

This is a complete all-in-one (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solution for motherboards that supports the 8th and 9th generation of Intel Core processors. It is compatible with the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme Z390 motherboard. Designed and engineered in cooperation with ASUS , this monoblock uses the latest generation of EK cooling engine used on the Quantum lineup to ensure the best possible CPU cooling while not reducing flow to other components. This water block directly cools the LGA1151 socket type CPU, as well as the voltage regulation (MOSFET) module.

Liquid flows directly over all critical areas, providing the enthusiasts with a great solution for high and stable overclocks. Like with every EK monoblock, EK-Momentum ROG Maximus XI Extreme D-RGB features high flow design and it can be easily used with the system using a weaker water pump or lower pump speed settings as well. The Momentum monoblock also comes with sophisticated D-RGB (addressable) lightning which connects to a standard 3-pin 5V D-RGB header.

This Z390 monoblock also comes with a special cold plate which ensures that the monoblock has better mechanical contact with the IHS of 8th and 9th gen Intel 1151 socket based processors, thus enabling better thermal transfer. The base of the monoblock is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality acrylic glass material. The nickel plated brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed and allow for easy installation.

A Digital (addressable) 3-pin 5V D-RGB LED strip is installed in the monoblock that connects to the motherboard's 3-pin LED header or it can be connected to any other supported 5V 3-pin LED controller. This product is compatible with ASUS Aura RGB control software. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the RGB header.

Availability and Pricing
EK-Momentum ROG Maximus XI Extreme D-RGB - Plexi Monoblock is made in Slovenia, Europe and is readily available for purchase through the EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network. It is priced at 141.90€, including VAT.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I don't like these transparent blocks... I like mine EK RVE10 RGB Monoblock and Heatkiller MB-X Kit for RVE.
But this block is best because have 3 active cooling component. CPU-VRM-PCH. My only have CPU and VRM.
And then it's better if Monoblock cover only CPU and VRM.

EK-FB-ASUS-R5E-Monoblock_NA_fit_1200.jpg

Monoblocks are expensive investment, not only because cost twice as CPU cooler, but because you can't use them few years for 2-3 computers as CPU Block.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
super niche block for super niche motherboard.

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
Whether this CPU elment is designed to cool the processor with a removed thermal energy distributor ? Way then reduce the contact surface? It's true that many exaggerate with the thermal paste and this would somehow push the excess paste to the edges. Somehow I do not understand this interference in the field of contact. Way the lack of cooling chipsets? Everyone decided that 4 TPD is too small for additional liquid cooling for chipset and forget that they could cool all over M2 connections on motherboard with liquid and incrise preformance of loading . Complications, Price a.s.o. . The edging of the edges with r1mm is too much for today's CNC. This decline in flow is penalized. ignorance for the look, so 5 w will cover it ,more for the look! Only rocket fires are missing and everything will be cooler . Oh ,product is not Chinese ! This was naughty ,sory , hf .

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't like these transparent blocks... I like mine EK RVE10 RGB Monoblock and Heatkiller MB-X Kit for RVE.
But this block is best because have 3 active cooling component. CPU-VRM-PCH. My only have CPU and VRM.
And then it's better if Monoblock cover only CPU and VRM.

View attachment 121148

Monoblocks are expensive investment, not only because cost twice as CPU cooler, but because you can't use them few years for 2-3 computers as CPU Block.
There's no reason to watercool a modern PCH, no matter how much one might like to - they barely produce heat, and can be passively cooled with a moderately sized heatsink even with near-zero airflow.
Whether this CPU elment is designed to cool the processor with a removed thermal energy distributor ? Way then reduce the contact surface? It's true that many exaggerate with the thermal paste and this would somehow push the excess paste to the edges. Somehow I do not understand this interference in the field of contact. Way the lack of cooling chipsets? Everyone decided that 4 TPD is too small for additional liquid cooling for chipset and forget that they could cool all over M2 connections on motherboard with liquid and incrise preformance of loading . Complications, Price a.s.o. . The edging of the edges with r1mm is too much for today's CNC. This decline in flow is penalized. ignorance for the look, so 5 w will cover it ,more for the look! Only rocket fires are missing and everything will be cooler . Oh ,product is not Chinese ! This was naughty ,sory , hf .
What on earth are you trying to say here? What is a "removed thermal energy distributor"? A radiator? As for chipset cooling, as said above, it's utterly meaningless on modern chipsets. As is watercooling an m.2 drive - the thermal load for any but the most over-the-top server-like workload is nowhere near enough to require a complex water cooling setup. Most don't even need a heatsink as long as they have a modicum of airflow.

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
There's no reason to watercool a modern PCH, no matter how much one might like to - they barely produce heat, and can be passively cooled with a moderately sized heatsink even with near-zero airflow.

What on earth are you trying to say here? What is a "removed thermal energy distributor"? A radiator? As for chipset cooling, as said above, it's utterly meaningless on modern chipsets. As is watercooling an m.2 drive - the thermal load for any but the most over-the-top server-like workload is nowhere near enough to require a complex water cooling setup. Most don't even need a heatsink as long as they have a modicum of airflow.

I'm sorry if this gogle translator is so poorly translating my thoughts.
that I do not understand where wisdom is in reducing the surface of the contact with the processor, that I did not remark for the first time and the answer was the same. Sufficient .for me - excuse ! Please forgive me for a poor translation. Chipsets do not encroach on the liquid cooling due to very low heating, and here they could extend cooling throughout the maderboard, including on M2 seats. I also mentioned poor attention to the edges, as friction could be reduced by processing them .

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm sorry if this gogle translator is so poorly translating my thoughts.
that I do not understand where wisdom is in reducing the surface of the contact with the processor, that I did not remark for the first time and the answer was the same. Sufficient .for me - excuse ! Please forgive me for a poor translation. Chipsets do not encroach on the liquid cooling due to very low heating, and here they could extend cooling throughout the maderboard, including on M2 seats. I also mentioned poor attention to the edges, as friction could be reduced by processing them .
Ah, Google translate. That explains things. Indeed, it is translating your thoughts very poorly. If I understand you correctly you're asking why they don't expand "full-cover" blocks like these to cover more of the motherboard. There are multiple reasons for that. 1: no need - only the CPU and VRM produce enough heat to require water cooling. 2: cost. This is already an expensive product, and increasing the size would make it even more expensive. 3: complexity. The bigger and more complex the block, the higher the chance of leaks, and the more flow restriction it'll cause. Also, the bigger the area you want to cover on the motherboard, the more components
you have to make sure you're not colliding/interfering with.

If adding an extra SSD to your system required a full system teardown including removing the motherboard (as is required to remove a full-cover block as it mounts from the back), nobody would ever use this. Ever.

As for the round CPU contact pad, it's a bit weird. I'm guessing it has to do with mounting pressure, as monobloks often struggle with that.

Lastly I don't understand what you mean about rounding the edges for "friction" - the edges of the block don't touch anything. Why add more expensive CNC work if it doesn't do anything?

Last edited:
System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I know that PCH cooling is not necessary today.
Maybe situation is little hotter when people OC Cache and increase voltage for CPU on HEDT platform, but even than heatsink on good ASUS ROG boards is enough.
For Z390 even VRM is not so important, but on X299 example is recommended if you have watercooling to go with some option of VRM cooler.

I don't like Bitspower layout and mechanism for some Monoblock, with some rubbers and installing partially. Looks like more risky than EKWB. Example Bitspower Monoblock for RVE.
For me he is worse option then separate parts.
6 terminals with rubber than you put block over CPU VRM PCH blocks and connected them all with 6 rubbers and one plate 0.5mm above motherboard surface for nothing.