• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Issues Clarification on Next-Gen AMD CPU Support on 300-series Motherboards

As someone who's worked in retail/CSR/service positions, people like you are literally the worse. You are the type that will jump down on the lowest paying employee's throat (MSI rep in this case) the second something doesn't get your way. You are literally the "Can I speak with your manager type." This is regardless of how right you are or how much control the employee have.

just to clarify, are you saying that lower paid staff can give incorrect answers....and not have it reflect the company they work for?

Remember, the pitch forks are out for the multi million dollar company, not the team member that wrote the response.

If they didn't know the answer, support staff should have simply replied "Unfortunately I do not have an answer for that question", or supported the customer in asking another team member for more information.

Then again, we don't know. There could big a massive white board message that says "No Zen 2 support for x370/B350/A320", however, that is very speculative.

MSI has made a mistake, and have followed it up in this article. I'm sure they'll have a word to the support team and implement a better procedure for when customers ask about future features, and they do not know the answer.

Processor Intel Core i5 4590
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8GiB(2x4GiB) DDR3-1600 [800MHz]
Video Card(s) XFX RX 560D 4GiB
Storage Transcend SSD370S 128GB; Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S20D300 20" 768p TN
Case Cooler Master MasterBox E501L
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair VS450
Mouse A4Tech N-70FX
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores BaseMark GPU : 250 Point in HD 4600
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Yup, I read it and agree with it. Here's the flaw. @btarunr was actively trying to highlight the potential reason for limiting support to older motherboards, greed. We know damn well it will not be for incompatibility because AMD deliberately and specifically engineered their CPU's and Chipsets to be compatible for a certain number of generations. So any motherboard maker who does not issue updates for their motherboards would be doing it for one reason alone, to sell more motherboards, IE GREED. Such behavior is not in line with the specifcations AMD laid out for motherboard makers to follow.

Btarunr was absolutely correct for both reporting the problem and for the wording used to call out MSI on a potentially serious mistake.

What utter codswallop!

News is supposed to be factual, pure and simple: you give people the information in as impartial a manner as possible, they draw their own conclusions from it. Introducing emotive language and weasel words like "betrayal" and "greed" into a news report transforms it into an opinion piece that attempts to manipulate the reader into agreeing with the views presented. It also makes the likelihood of legal action far higher: it's very difficult to sue someone for reporting the facts, but attempting to build a narrative from those facts makes it very easy for lawyers to start throwing around terms like "defamation".

Why are opinion pieces presented as news dangerous? Because they make you question the motives of the person writing, and the organisation publishing, that article. For example, would I not be justified in wondering if perhaps one of MSI's competitors paid TPU to "report" this rumour in a way that makes MSI look terrible - especially when TPU is the only site that treated this information in this way? What if MSI decides to sue TPU for defamation, which - in my opinion - they absolutely would be justified in doing?

What bta posted yesterday was absolutely not news, it was tabloid/yellow journalism at its worst, and that is bad in so many ways because it opens up so many cans of worms around credibility and legal liability. TPU needs to stop doing this because it is actively harming their brand and their reputation. A "news" strategy around maximising clicks works well in the short term, but invariably fails in the long term because people stop trusting the biased news source and hence stop visiting it.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
i really don't understand the drama in the comments; arguing over nothing who's right or wrong... msi made a mistake and they corrected it

if i would be a mod i wouldn't allow any comment and problem solved

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
if i would be a mod i wouldn't allow any comment and problem solved

by disabling comments you are censoring peoples opinions.

'Censoring' peoples opinions would only aggravate the situation further. People have the right to debate the goings on in the forums as well as the parts of the forums that irks them or they have an issue with.

Because without people clicking on TPU or forum members staying active and keeping TPU alive. TPU might as well shut down for good because whats the point of TPU if its a dead site?

Why do you think some people are so many that the Epic store doesnt allow them to leave reviews? Its basically a similar situation here.

It seems like TPU are falling into the realms of polygon, IGN, Eurogamer and to a lesser point Kotaku by sensationalizing or hyping certain stories for clicks.

Even if you complain the captain of this ship wont divert its course. Either put up or find a new tech site to frequent on.

Well, yes. If one wants to be taken seriously and be looked up to, one has to behave seriously as well.
How do you know they want to be taken seriously?

Tabloids outsell serious press. This is what people want. This is what makes money.
And TPU did NOT handle this the correct way. When they saw the original "leak", the first thing they should have done is to contact MSI for verification/clarification, with maybe a publication that they are aware of the rumor/leak/potential problem, and that they are looking into it.

It is TPU's job to report the news. The original story wasn't news because it wasn't accurate.
That's all based on your assumption that TPU should handle this like The Times, not The Sun.
It's not about reporting truth. It's about reporting.
You put a story about "greedy MSI" on the front page on Monday and a tiny correction on the 3rd page on Tuesday. That's how it's been done for generations. TPU isn't innovating in any way.

There's press/news and then there's a tabloid. I've always thought of techpowerup as something of an inbetween but erring towards press. I wish people understood that distinction. News is suppsoed to always aim for the truth. "Fake news' is almost an oxymoron that has become mainstream. Why? Because news is never supposed to try to be fake or it ceases to be news. Calling it fake news is like calling water "not dry liquid," it's stupid. Antitruth and alternative facts are popular lately though. Sometimes I swear I'm in an episode of 1984 with the "20 minutes of hate." But just because that sells, that does not change our obligations.
Honestly, I've never seen TPU as having aspiration to be serious. I don't know why you did.

No offense, but just few years back TPU was doing a series about hostesses on gaming events. Have you forgot?
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=Booth Babes

TPU is a decentralized amateur project: there is no office, there is no actual company behind it and there's hardly any liability for the content they post. It's slightly grey market, unofficial. It aims a particular niche of consumers. It's not very open for other stuff.
It has it's charm. It's just not for everyone.

Last edited:
Processor AMD 1700X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Memory F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 960 Pro
Display(s) PG279Q
Case HAF X
Power Supply Silencer MK III 850
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
For the record I am 100% happy, MSI issued a statement and TPU updated their erroneous earlier article. All good as long as people correct their mistakes. Perhaps people will learn from it - MSI can clamp down on employees going off script, TPU might try and confirm rumor before rushing to publish.

How do you know they want to be taken seriously?
Don't they? I thought that would be a safe assumption considering the overall content on the website: reviews, databases, software development, etc.

And if TPU isn't/shouldn't be taken seriously, then what's left for most other "tech" websites out there, whose "reviews" are so haphazardly made that they are borderline unboxings. Not that this isn't also present here on TPU at times, but the most important reviews (CPU and GPU) are some of the best out there.

Tabloids outsell serious press. This is what people want. This is what makes money.
Yes, they do outsell the serious press, however I was under the impression TPU wasn't in that category. I was also under the impression that TPU was closer to a hobby project, and not made exclusively with profitability in mind. Of course, I could be wrong.

That's all based on your assumption that TPU should handle this like The Times, not The Sun.
That is based on my assumption that TPU should handle things in general in a professional and objective manner. As any respectable news outlet should.
If TPU wants "teh moneyz from clikz", then can go the BuzzFeed route, but I doubt that would go well with its core audience, which is TPU's core audience for a reason.

It's not about reporting truth. It's about reporting.
I cannot believe I actually read that. Is this some kind of a sick joke?
Of course it's about reporting the truth. Otherwise we move into gossip, and maybe even straight out lies territory.

You put a story about "greedy MSI" on the front page on Monday and a tiny correction on the 3rd page on Tuesday. That's how it's been done for generations. TPU isn't innovating in any way.
The point isn't that TPU reported something incorrectly and then issued an update/correction. The point is that this update/correction would not have been necessary at all and that this whole ordeal could have been avoided if the people responsible for the "news" publication kept their heads cool, exercised a bit of patience, and handled the issue a bit differently.

By your logic, TPU can just report every single rumor that appears on Twitter/Reddit/whatever, regardless how outlandish it might sound. They can always issue corrections later, right?

EDIT...

TPU is a decentralized amateur project: there is no office, there is no actual company behind it and there's hardly any liability for the content they post. It's slightly grey market, unofficial. It aims a particular niche of consumers. It's not very open for other stuff.
It has it's charm. It's just not for everyone.
Then let me put it this way. We who criticize how TPU handled this do it because we want to hold TPU to the high standards it has set for itself throughout its lifetime.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I think the posts are now so far off topic, that the thread surely has run its course? MSI low level dude says something, now MSI have clarified it. Arguing about TPU championing in-depth journalism is pointless.

I'm not getting involved but what does matter is that the initial article, regardless of your view of it, is updated and superceded by this one. That is the basis of truthful news. Get it wrong (ish) and then make a correction. When people talk about fake news, that is something very different and far more insidious. Fake news does not correct itself. At least TPU has.

Don't they? I thought that would be a safe assumption considering the overall content on the website: reviews, databases, software development, etc.
Gaming, HR news, gaming, overclocking, more gaming.

Databases? Software development? Where?
And if TPU isn't/shouldn't be taken seriously, then what's left for most other "tech" websites out there, whose "reviews" are so haphazardly made that they are borderline unboxings. Not that this isn't also present here on TPU at times, but the most important reviews (CPU and GPU) are some of the best out there.
GPUs reviews are easy to read and compare which is pretty much all you can expect. It's gaming. Not much more can be done.
CPU reviews are badly thought out - showing very little interest in real life scenarios (other than gaming, obviously).

While I don't know much about overclocking and can't comment on that, I do know one or two things about measuring noise or airflow, so I see some methodology problems there.

TPU also makes reviews of many other products. Some are good (cases), some are average at best.
And some are just weird (gaming chair, seriously?).
It makes you think TPU reviews everything they get from manufacturers (which I understand if that's the source of income).
Yes, they do outsell the serious press, however I was under the impression TPU wasn't in that category. I was also under the impression that TPU was closer to a hobby project, and not made exclusively with profitability in mind. Of course, I could be wrong.
I guess they would at least want to cover the costs. But they're not doing this exclusively (at least not those that have linkedin profiles).
The point isn't that TPU reported something incorrectly and then issued an update/correction. The point is that this update/correction would not have been necessary at all and that this whole ordeal could have been avoided if the people responsible for the "news" publication kept their heads cool, exercised a bit of patience, and handled the issue a bit differently.
All news agencies make mistakes - even the best, serious ones. They all post corrections. That's how it works. You can't confirm everything. You can't be sure your source is correct. And you can make simple mistakes on the way.
Problem with the original MSI text is not the content, but how it was written.
By your logic, TPU can just report every single rumor that appears on Twitter/Reddit/whatever, regardless how outlandish it might sound. They can always issue corrections later, right?
I'm not saying they should do this or that I'd like it. But it's one of the ways. Potentialy quite successful if we measured it by number of views.

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Hate to break it to you: First article = Fake News. Reddit is not a credible source. Must verify multiple sources with measurable objective evidence to make such a claim. The wording was quite bias, and frankly, inappropriate. Good for MSI. Quite disappointed here.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
MSI itself admitted that the misinformation came from MSI.
i think it's a good start where they admitted something that not right and fix them then

Databases? Software development? Where?
Are you being intentionally dense?
The CPU, GPU and review databases? The "Databases" drop-down menu on the website?
GPU-Z, Memtest64, Real Temp, TPUCapture? The "Our Software" drop-down menu on the website?

I hope I don't need to provide a screenshot.

TPU also makes reviews of many other products. Some are good (cases), some are average at best.
Cases reviews are good? Really? No thermal and noise (some of the primary parameters of a chassis) testing and measurements puts those reviews in the "glorified unboxing" category.

All news agencies make mistakes - even the best, serious ones. They all post corrections. That's how it works. You can't confirm everything. You can't be sure your source is correct. And you can make simple mistakes on the way.
Yes, everyone makes mistakes, however, there is a difference between doing your best to avoid making said mistakes and being negligent (whether it is for clicks, or laziness, or something else).

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Except MSI confirming it of course, but let's just ignore that little detail shall we?
They didn’t have any choice. Their low level employee committed them to something. This is why most large organizations are very careful about letting low level employees say things that commit them badly to an idea, premise, or fact. Having been and still part of multiple large organizations from corporations to government to military, I know this.

Processor RYZEN 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Aorus B-550I Pro AX
Cooling HEATKILLER IV PRO , EKWB Vector FTW3 3080/3090 , Barrow res + Xylem DDC 4.2, SE 240 + Dabel 20b 240
Memory Viper Steel 4000 PVS416G400C6K
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3
Storage XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVMe + Samsung 980 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case NR 200
Power Supply CORSAIR SF750
Mouse Logitech G PRO
Keyboard Meletrix Zoom 75 GT Silver
Software Windows 11 22H2
Then maybe you didn't understand the point of the article.

No i believe the issue here is YOU don't undertstand why so many TPU members here complain about the article !

We as a community expect from TPU some proper Journalism because this is what we have been used to , im afraid that the original article was exactly the opposite . Instead of roasting MSI like they did in the original article based on what is objectively minimal evidence , TPU staff should had simply presented the facts and reached MSI for official comments . Then and only then make a follow-up with conclusions !

This is how proper journalism works otherwise you are doing sensationnalisme , something we are not used to on TPU and hopefully never be !

Are you being intentionally dense?

After having multiple discussions with the guy i came to the same conclusion .... well this or it's a natural gift :laugh:

Last edited:

Carminus

Oh my, so TPU reported the story correctly!!! Really!!! Read this from TPU's own story....

'Greedy motherboard vendors such as MSI want you to buy a new motherboard every two generations of processor for no sound reason at all. '

Does that sound like an unbiased new story at all!!!! How many greedy motherboard vendors are out there? who are these greedy motherboard vendors? please name these greedy motherboard vendors? and most importantly, please provide some proof of this?

TPU could have written this any number of ways, and then checked up with MSI directly to get an answer but of course not, this is not reporting, this is just personalised bias of the highest order mascarading as a new story. What has happened to objectively handling a news worthy story? Also those days are gone because, and lets just be honest here, it's all about sensationalism to drive clicks and of course in turn money....

That was my take as well. I am new here, a refugee from [H]ardocp. When I saw that headline it felt like I was reading something from the theinquirer. If this keeps up, I might look for a new place for tech "news".

No i believe the issue here is YOU don't understand why so many TPU members here complain about the article !
Oh, I understand perfectly. It's just that I see the same big picture btarunr sees and those complaining don't seem to.
We as a community expect from TPU some proper Journalism because this is what we have been used to , im afraid that the original article was exactly the opposite .
That's your opinion and because you don't see the big picture, it's your problem.
After having multiple discussions with the guy i came to the same conclusion .... well this or it's a natural gift :laugh:
Osmium might have a similar gift...
They didn’t have any choice. Their low level employee committed them to something. This is why most large organizations are very careful about letting low level employees say things that commit them badly to an idea, premise, or fact.
Exactly! AND what was the message sent back? Effectively "MSI, don't do this or you will suffer public wrath and we will help start it.". You complainers are missing a very important point, TPU has been a part of sending a clear message to MSI that failing to keep in line with AMD's commitment to generational support will result in public outrage. This is simultaneously sending that same message to every other board maker. Should those board makers screw over the public, there will huge problems for them. Instead of blasting btarunr/TPU maybe you should look at the bigger picture, for just a moment, and THINK.
That was my take as well. I am new here, a refugee from [H]ardocp. When I saw that headline it felt like I was reading something from the theinquirer. If this keeps up, I might look for a new place for tech "news".
TPU is a different place than HardOCP was. Stick around a bit longer and you might understand things a bit better. Or not, it's up to you.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Exactly! AND what was the message sent back? Effectively "MSI, don't do this or you will suffer public wrath and we will help start it.". You complainers are missing a very important point, TPU has been a part of sending a clear message to MSI that failing to keep in line with AMD's commitment to generational support will result in public outrage. This is simultaneously sending that same message to every other board maker. Should those board makers screw over the public, there will huge problems for them. Instead of blasting btarunr/TPU maybe you should look at the bigger picture, for just a moment, and THINK.

So what your saying is guilty until proven innocent. Got it.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
So big corporations and states should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. Got it.

It has come to our attention that MSI Customer Support has regrettably misinformed an MSI customer with regards to potential support for next-gen AMD CPUs on the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM motherboard. Through this statement we want clarify the current situation

At this point, we are still performing extensive testing on our existing lineup of 300- and 400-series AM4 motherboards to verify potential compatibility for the next-gen AMD Ryzen CPUs. To be clear: Our intention is to offer maximum compatibility for as many MSI products as possible. Towards the launch of the next-gen AMD CPUs, we will release a compatibility list of MSI AM4 motherboards.

Source: Forbes.

Processor RYZEN 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Aorus B-550I Pro AX
Cooling HEATKILLER IV PRO , EKWB Vector FTW3 3080/3090 , Barrow res + Xylem DDC 4.2, SE 240 + Dabel 20b 240
Memory Viper Steel 4000 PVS416G400C6K
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3
Storage XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVMe + Samsung 980 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case NR 200
Power Supply CORSAIR SF750
Mouse Logitech G PRO
Keyboard Meletrix Zoom 75 GT Silver
Software Windows 11 22H2
Oh, I understand perfectly. It's just that I see the same big picture btarunr sees and those complaining don't seem to.
You complainers are missing a very important point, TPU has been a part of sending a clear message to MSI that failing to keep in line with AMD's commitment to generational support will result in public outrage. This is simultaneously sending that same message to every other board maker.

Well no im afraid you still don't . You say you see the big picture but ( without disrespect ) it turns out that the big picture was only in your head !

See this is the issue here you come up with the assumption that MSI indeed intented to not support 300series and that TPU message made it clear to them it was a wrong move but the thing is such an assumption is totally or partially false since it can't be verified after you pulled the guns . Hence why TPU should had asked MSI for official statement before making any conclusion ( read pulling the guns ) in order to verify this assumption , had TPU done such a thing we would had all been 100% behind TPU !

Saying you agree with the first article because you see the general picture is like saying you open fire on a group of 10 peoples because you assumed there was 1 armed guy among them , you kill them all then it turns out that none of them was armed but you don't regret cause it sends a message to the rest ....... well im sorry but this is not journalism nommater what picture you see !

I hope i made it as clear as possible .

Last edited:
You say you see the big picture but ( without disrespect ) it turns out that the big picture was only in your head !
Your opinion, not supported by the events that have transpired. Wait for it though...
See this is the issue here you come up with the assumption
I didn't come up with anything at all. What I have been doing is supporting the conclusions others have made.
that MSI indeed intented to not support 300series
This was directly stated by the tech support rep.
the thing is such an assumption is totally or partially false since it can't be verified after you pulled the guns
Except that MSI confirmed the statement made by the tech support rep and gave official input on the subject. So effectively you've just proven you do not understand the sequence and circumstances of events and thus the big picture.
Hence why TPU should had asked MSI for official statement
You're assuming they didn't. You're also assuming that MSI didn't ignore them. Are you expecting TPU to share all their correspondence to prove up? Never gonna happen.
Saying you agree with the first article because you see the general picture is like saying you open fire on a group of 10 peoples because you thought there was 1 armed guy among them , you kill them all then it turns out that non of them was armed but you don't regret cause it sends a message to the rest ....... well im sorry but this is not journalism nommater what picture you see !
That is the single most intellectually bereft statement I've read this year, and there's been some whoppers so far.
I hope i made it as clear as possible .
You've most definitely made a few things clear, that much is certain.

That isn't what I said or even implied.

What bta posted yesterday was absolutely not news, it was tabloid/yellow journalism at its worst
That is your opinion, not supported by evidence.

Last edited: